Poll: What is/are your next upgrade path(s)?

El_Capitan

70 members have voted

1. 1. What is/are your next upgrade path(s)?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

next for me is Ram , not sure if 2gig is cutting it anymore.

then i might grab another 5850 if the price is right.

PM me plz!

I voted for CPU, Memory, Motherboard and GPU.

Each of these would be upgraded as such:

CPU- when my Q9450 dies and is out of warranty (would be a 930 or 950 as of right now)

Memory- when CPU is changed, I'd have to get DDR3

Motherboard-when CPU is changed, I'd change to the chipset that'd suppprt my new CPU (X58)

GPU-If my 4870x2 died or I found a way to double my performance without being double price

I'm going to wait for the next generation of CPUs, AMD Bulldozer/Intel Sandy Bridge or whatever's being offered by next summer in 2011. Though I usually lean towards AMD due to lower price and similar gaming performance compared to Intel.

And case, cause I effing hate the crap out of my Antec900 LOL

Just built my new dream machine, but still intending to put it under water at some point. Debating going with a triple monitor setup but not sure if I actually want to pull the trigger on it -- either way I want to replace this old monitor.

For my AMD rig I plan to buy a couple of GPU's and some extra storage. I put off getting the GPUs while I learned how to overclock AMD's and by the time I've figured that out , the 6000 series will be out and I can see what that might do to prices.

First up will be memory, 4GB won't be cutting it much longer so I need 8GB.

Then it will be a new keyboard and mouse, though I may hold on to my G5 for the time being since its only a couple years old. The keyboard will be replaced with a mechanical one soon as I find one I really like. Leaning towards a few just need to come up with the cash for them.

Then it may be a new monitor, most likely a Dell UltraSharp U2410. :D

After that, probably a video card once I see what the next ones from AMD and NVIDIA offer.