Poll: What is/are your next upgrade path(s)?

El_Capitan

70 members have voted

1. 1. What is/are your next upgrade path(s)?

I recently ran an HD tune test on my system, and found that my system drive is the slowest of all 3 HD's in my comp (by a large margin), so I'm planing on migrating everything to an SSD, and when the new flagship line of gpu's comes out from AMD, I suspect it will be the 6970 and 6950, I will upgrade my 4870. Maybe if I come into some money get a larger monitor, or an eyefinity setup

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'm in the same boat (cooler-wise). The Hyper 212+ is a good cooler, especially for AMD CPU's.

What multi-card setups gave you problems? My GTS 250 512MB's when I put in SLI had no issues. Same with my GTX 460 1GB's in SLI right now.

i have an 5770 from saphire and i putted a second one in (same brand even) and when i play a game like lets say resident evil 5 then fraps would say i play at 60+fps but the gameplay says otherwise (really clunky and certanly not smooth)

system specs:

i5 760 @ 4.0 ghz

asus p7p55D mobo

4gb ddr 3 ram

crosfire 5770 (now single cads i returned the second one)

700 watt ocz psu

i dont think it is my sytsem that would have a bottle neck or something... if it is the drivers fault then so be it (or maybe the games i wanted to test this sucker on wasnt crossfire optimised or something, games were, crysis, crysis warhead, resident evil 5 and dirt 2 all games had the same problem when i played on 1920 / 1080 and 8x aa (when i returned to the single gpu setup then i would have the same gameplay smoothness like having dual gpu but now fraps gives me realistic fps instead with the dual gpu setup. fraos shows i played at 50+ fps but the gameplay showeed otherwise)

hope i explained it well enough :P

i have an 5770 from saphire and i putted a second one in (same brand even) and when i play a game like lets say resident evil 5 then fraps would say i play at 60+fps but the gameplay says otherwise (really clunky and certanly not smooth)

system specs:

i5 760 @ 4.0 ghz

asus p7p55D mobo

4gb ddr 3 ram

crosfire 5770 (now single cads i returned the second one)

700 watt ocz psu

i dont think it is my sytsem that would have a bottle neck or something... if it is the drivers fault then so be it (or maybe the games i wanted to test this sucker on wasnt crossfire optimised or something, games were, crysis, crysis warhead, resident evil 5 and dirt 2 all games had the same problem when i played on 1920 / 1080 and 8x aa (when i returned to the single gpu setup then i would have the same gameplay smoothness like having dual gpu but now fraps gives me realistic fps instead with the dual gpu setup. fraos shows i played at 50+ fps but the gameplay showeed otherwise)

hope i explained it well enough :P

It was probably the drivers or the card.

If I were to upgrade, I'd upgrade my monitor, mouse, and keyboard.

My monitor is an OLD 17" Acer LCD, my mouse is a "basic value" optical by Microsoft, and my keyboard is a $15.00 Logitech internet one (which is actually fine and I don't need to upgrade it, but it'd be cool to own a sweet keyboard :P).