Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did anyone get crossfire to work with mastercard in lower slot as ATI suggest and slave card on higher slot? i cant, it keep telling me i need to have mastercard in higher slot over CCC crossfire panel. Even if i reverse lanes in BIOS, in Asus there was option to switch boot priority of graphic cards. Did DFI missed some important settings?

Here are a few different memory modules that were tested on this board. http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=94341

"Venus brought back the drive levels and tweaks needed to run TCCD well, expert was designed for BH5, Micron, high voltage and 4 dimms at 1t or 2T 4gig kits."

said by Tony aka bigtone.

but in fact, oc bh5 on expert is kinda difficult if compare to previous nf4 LP series. so that's why I wonder, especially for real time, does bh5 oc well in cfx3200?

How can the advice given by JimCHLin work then?

It makes no friggin difference which of his power connectors he uses, the power would come from the same rail regardless of branch, the ov point is exactly the same so is the 12v being supplied, even if it's from a different set of wires.

There's no technical reason to use another branch at all.

There is a summary of power consumption about the disks I have.

(1) WD WD4000YR 5V 0.70A, 12V 0.75A

(2) Hitachi HDS728080PLA380 5V 0.62A, 12V 0.60A

(3) WD WD360 5V 0.93A, 12V 0.75A

(4) Seagate 7200.7 5V 0.65A, 12V 0.37A

Look at above, WD360 consumes more power than others.

If you connect more than two (>2) WD360 disks on the same branch of power connector and the driving strength of your power supply is not good enough.

This may cause power supply not being able to supply enough power on heavy loading of Read/Write and cause a hardware reset for the disk.

:)

did anyone get crossfire to work with mastercard in lower slot as ATI suggest and slave card on higher slot? i cant, it keep telling me i need to have mastercard in higher slot over CCC crossfire panel. Even if i reverse lanes in BIOS, in Asus there was option to switch boot priority of graphic cards. Did DFI missed some important settings?

yes I'm having the same problem, the bios won't allow the mastercard in the lower slot. It's another thing to add to a bios update list.

yes I'm having the same problem, the bios won't allow the mastercard in the lower slot. It's another thing to add to a bios update list.

So it must go in the slot next to the CPU?

http://www.bleedinedge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17926 You can see my #2 score is with VX UTT CH-6 and Aldersix right below me has "not" posted yet a 10,894 done with OCZ 3500GamerXtreme BH-5. So yes the board can run the BH and CH stuff pretty darn good really. And all of it done for he and I on AIR.

RGone...

"Venus brought back the drive levels and tweaks needed to run TCCD well, expert was designed for BH5, Micron, high voltage and 4 dimms at 1t or 2T 4gig kits."

said by Tony aka bigtone.

but in fact, oc bh5 on expert is kinda difficult if compare to previous nf4 LP series. so that's why I wonder, especially for real time, does bh5 oc well in cfx3200?

I've seen the post about the X2 4400+. I can't get my X2 4400+ to overclock to. When i'm using prime sometimes one core fails while the other one keeps on running.

Does anyone have noticed this also?

Used FSB 265, multi 9x and LDT 3x. Memclk 200 1:1

Did anyone have the same problem or knows what the problem might be? Or have i misunderstood the OC Guide and did I took a wrong turn?

Thanx in advance.

Erik

21 days since this thread was started, and we are no closer to a fix.

This is my first DFi board, overall I am pleased with this board, but not being able to use the ULI controller and having to use the Sil for my RAID is frustrating, as angry_games said, it is like driving a beat up pinto, when you have a new mustang in the garage waiting to go.

I bought this board to go crossfire when ATI releases the X1900XTX master card next month, figured I would have all the glitches worked out by then, I am still hoping.

Please DFi, I beg you, get this sorted out.

I hope to be a loyal customer, and when I upgrade early 2007, I would like to keep DFi as one of my choices.

Did anyone have the same problem or knows what the problem might be? Or have i misunderstood the OC Guide and did I took a wrong turn?

Thanx in advance.

Erik

6 days i think now and still no overclock love on my X2 4400+ so you are not alone (and from the other replies, there are quite a few of us with X2 cpu's that cannot get them clocked even a little and none of us are idiots and most of us had them overclocked in another board with the same memory and cpu etc so it ain't the user this time around)

I'm putting the board back in the box and ignoring it until someone at DFI gets around to fixing the issues with a real bios fix.

I am however back to playing with the RDX200 CF-DR Lanparty which is much much less troublesome (though it has it's own quirks...but no bios update since 12/23/2005 which is simply ridiculous considering the string of problems that still exist on it...but overclocking isn't one of them lol)