Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

ah ha

I've found something maybe having to do with the problem...?

DRAM Data Drive Strength...I set it to Level 1 (-50%) or Level 2 (-30%) and when I save & exit and reboot, guess what?

It's right back to AUTO...no matter how I save it, it always resets back to AUTO

it never did this with a single core cpu (I've taken the bios screenshots of my overclock)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont supose eney1's been using xms twin-x4400 tccd memory with this board?. as i would'nt mined seeing ur bios spec's. if not eney1 know what sort of tref, skew control settings etc, i need. if i take my fsb/htt eney higher than 315 with a 166div ram so over 514mhz. when the it should handle upto 550mhz. my sistem will crash & reboot when i start running pi super 1m or 2m. rams at 2.5,4,4,7,10,16 2T 2.67volts

ah ha

I've found something maybe having to do with the problem...?

DRAM Data Drive Strength...I set it to Level 1 (-50%) or Level 2 (-30%) and when I save & exit and reboot, guess what?

It's right back to AUTO...no matter how I save it, it always resets back to AUTO

it never did this with a single core cpu (I've taken the bios screenshots of my overclock)

That's a known issue. Only occurs if you use the ULI Raid controller I've been told. I have the same issue and it does affect your overclock.

That's a known issue. Only occurs if you use the ULI Raid controller I've been told. I have the same issue and it does affect your overclock.

again

it doesn't affect my SINGLE CORE CPU overclocking at all

zero

a 3200+ Venice and Opteron 146 = none of these issues

only seems to affect my two X2 4400's...

welp....trying the beta 5/19/2006 bios now...but still the same problem with DRAM Data Drive Strength not sticking

I suppose i could switch to the SI3114 controller, but that is like driving my old 93 Merc Station Wagon instead of driving my new Camaro...

then you might run into crossfire problems....interested to see if you do.

lol

running into a slew of problems just by using the Si3114 *sigh*

ya know...if I just wanted to use a 3200+ or Opteron 146...I'd have already been done with all this and playing Oblivion at max 1280x1024 settings hehe

but you know

I love abuse

It does help me when you guys face the same abuse...I can tell you how to get even with your abusive spouse (the CFX3200-DR)...for most problems anyway...

I'm having one of those cursing moments right about now

well now it seems that no matter what drivers I load at F6 for the SI3114...setup cannot see the array/drives....

$^@#$#@$

heh

edit: and the original F6 driver disk...has an error in txtsetup file sheesh

Are these problems only when running raid off the ULI controller and trying to use the sil?

I was having alot of trouble trying to get my X2 3800 stable running dual prime and the rbtlshopblin (the HDR graphics test:or whatever the Hell its called) with every other bios until i flashed to the beta bios. Now its been running as per my sig, dual prime and rtblienohd for 14 hours now! Very Strange!

Are these problems only when running raid off the ULI controller and trying to use the sil?

I was having alot of trouble trying to get my X2 3800 stable running dual prime and the rbtlshopblin (the HDR graphics test:or whatever the Hell its called) with every other bios until i flashed to the beta bios. Now its been running as per my sig, dual prime and rtblienohd for 14 hours now! Very Strange!

er...

SI3114 controller and using Crossfire you mean?

I'm using the latest 5/19 beta bios and this thing is just . me off something evil

but at least WindowsXP finally got loaded it looks like...I'll go mess with it and return with some more ranting and raving lol

well now it seems that no matter what drivers I load at F6 for the SI3114...setup cannot see the array/drives....

$^@#$#@$

heh

edit: and the original F6 driver disk...has an error in txtsetup file sheesh

I used mine from the RDX...works a treat.

I got no love from the SIL controller, even running just 1 disk. :sweat: