Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

yes it's all off, deleted in the registry.

edit you have to keep the drivers otherwise you lose the ability to run raid under windows. You can however stop the uliraid utility without consequence.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay I just reflashed, and used killcmos and f_tester, all banks cmosreloaded were clear.So i've restarted, this is what I found prior,

if you disable the uliraid utility you won't get the errors every 2 hours like before.

However the errors will happen when the system is asked to do something that involves a long read/write to the disk, those errors I posted above were when I was installing battlefield 2 etc.

So I'll see what happens now I've reset everything..

just been playing bf2 sf, no problems so far, further time will be required to be completley sure. I guess bios really does need to be cleared properly for things to work right, as everything seems ok so far.

AG I got nowhere until I realized this boards drive strength abilities completely dwarf the needs of the ram and cpu. Maybe under phase they might become necessary but not with my current hardware. Just my observation so far.

yeah it seems to be EXACTLY like the NF4 Expert and Venus in that sense (remember me always preaching to you guys that the Expert boards were very different from the original NF4 in the sense that Drive Strengths were the thing that you REALLY had to fool with now?)

i'm gonna check this 5/23 bios after i do a couple more benches with this XTC 2GB kit from OCZ, and see if Drive Strength is fixed (ie will not resort always to AUTO)

AG,

have been testing for a few hours now, and it seems the drive strength issue is fixed (for me anyway).

Overclocking seem at htt's over 240 seems to work now with dual core cpu's.

Also the ULI problems seem to have gone (fingers crossed eh?)

If these 2 things do indeed work for you too, we are looking at the best S939 ATI chipset board yet..

Regards

Raja

AG,

have been testing for a few hours now, and it seems the drive strength issue is fixed (for me anyway).

Overclocking seem at htt's over 240 seems to work now with dual core cpu's.

Also the ULI problems seem to have gone (fingers crossed eh?)

If these 2 things do indeed work for you too, we are looking at the best S939 ATI chipset board yet..

Regards

Raja

well

remember what I said during my ugly rants earlier in this thread

eventually a bios will come and fix the terrible problems, and I will be back in this thread telling everyone that the board is probably the best board yet

if the ULI crap is fixed, and I can actually keep Drive Strength at the setting I set, and my X2 can overclock even to 240x11 (easily done on even my RDX200 and NF4 Infinity as well as NF4 Lanparty boards of all flavors), then yeah...because I already have this thing busted out with dual waterblocks on the X1900XT's from DangerDen as well as the cpu waterblock, an Evercool VC-RE chipset fan...CM Stacker case...3x80GB SATA II RAID-0, 700w OCZ GX psu....everything!

I WANT this to be the best board...but right now it just isn't worth a dime for me

but maybe this bios will change all of that (I surely hope so!)

4 hours and 20 mins without a fault so far since I used this bios flash method.

I had to reflash to the beta bios again to clear my cmos banks (my banks never seem to clear no matter what I do, but I now use this method and it works for me)

Flash bios 3 times.

power down, jumper to clear position, remove battery, turn psu off at ac. Wait a few mnutes, then replace battery then jumper to normal.

Re boot, run a dos startup disc with both killcmos and f_tester

run killcmos first, let the machine reboot then run f_tester.

This completley cleaned bios for me. Technically I should not have to do this, but my cmos reloaded banks just won't clear if I try any other way..

I'm stiil not certain if I'm error free, but 4 hours is certainly better than before..

ok

so I must be retarded

but I cannot for the life of me find where to have more than 2 drives in the ULI RAID

my ULI RAID BIOS only allows for 2 arrays of 2 drives each

I don't see any option to have 3x80GB RAID-0....

??

I think that's a limit they've still left in place. It's another of those problems which has not been bought to light as much as the freezing issue.

I used the ULI raid bios yesterday, I must admit I did not see an option to have more than 2 drives...

with 4x blank disks (no allocated partitions on them) load Ctrl+A and when you select stripe option on far right of screen there's an option for raid 0 x 4 disks

still waiting for a reply to this...as I still don't see any way to put more than 2 hdd's in a RAID-0 array on the ULI controller...