Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

ok then it isn't just me

here's something from the other thread:

with 4x blank disks (no allocated partitions on them) load Ctrl+A and when you select stripe option on far right of screen there's an option for raid 0 x 4 disks

when I told him it was bs, I never got a reply so I think eva2000 just answered without actually knowing what he was talking about (more dangerous than anything!)

so it looks like I'll be stuck with only 2x80GB + an extra 80GB for...who knows lol

ok, about to blast out RAID-0 but actually I am thinking of maybe checking out RAID-5 real quick

new bios is loaded and the Drive Strength seems to work just fine (well...it sticks to what I set it to now!)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok I decided to test RAID-5 first

I tested RAID-5 on the SI3114 controller on the NF4 Lanparty waaaaay back when they came out, and I got like 16MB/s reads and 10MB/s or less writes as the SI3114 is pure software controlled RAID-5

we'll see if the ULI solution is any better ;)

for now I would say that the confirmed fix is definatley the drive strength. Mind you the bios fix list did not say anything else was fixed anyway, so I suppose it was wishful thinking. I suppose DFI thought that the updated ULI rom file may cure the issue..

lol i think you misunderstood my meaning in my posting...I meant that none of US here in the thread/forum that are having these issues are idiots (i mean, I am, and MAYBE a couple others, but probably only just me, so most of you having these issues aren't idiots)

Lol... You're right. I misunderstod your meaning. Sorry for that.

But what is the drive strenght problem? I've set mine at strong en it stays that way. Als am i using the uli raid and no issues here too.

Testing now with GEIL 1gb Value DC with 2.5-8-4-4 timings. (because my OCZ is RMA). Running prime now for 5 hours. FSB 225Mhz, multi 11x, LDT 4x. But needed to set my Vcore @ 1.475V (bios). SM gives 1.43V.

So i hope it stays stable.

But what is the drive strenght problem? I've set mine at strong en it stays that way. Als am i using the uli raid and no issues here too.

you are thinking of the cpu drive strength in the main GENIE BIOS section, not the DRAM Data Drive Strength in the DRAM Config section

haha well

the new bios did change something for me

upon install of Windows...plugging in my USB2.0 Jumpdrive decided to begin alerting me that it could perform faster if plugged into a real USB2.0 port lol

I guess it is funny to me because I have never had this happen except when plugging this device into an USB1.1 port (ie the machine didn't have a USB2.0 port at all)

haha....looking at the device manager, it tells me the motherboard's firmware does not contain enough information to allow windows to properly support the device etc *sigh*

anyone else have a USB2.0 device they can plug in and test?

and before you ask, yes I have went through all areas of the bios to make sure all USB ports were enabled and set to run at 2.0 (where applicable)

Hi,

I just pugged in my Ipod, I have a fresh install of XP so Itunes is not even installed, no error messages or any adverse 2.0 messages..

Regards

Raja