Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

thx for the reply cadaveca :D

so thats mean i can use any bios because

1) i'm not in raid

2) i'm not using crossfire (well not yet)

3) i cant use the x-fi bcoz it will conflict with the IRQ

and why u said that i'll want to use one of my drive on the other controller? why cant i use all the 3 drives on the ULi?

anyway if i must use the other one on the other controller, it should be the raptor rite? bcoz raptor doesnt support sata II.. and ULi is the only controller who supports sata II..

thx again~!

if you are only running one vidcard, the X-Fi will be ok, although you might end up getting some clipping. toss it in the bottom pci slot, and it'll get stuffed up with one of the raid controllers. With the second card installed, it wil lget slotted with one of the cards, as well as teh USB and ethernet, or one of the raid controllers and the other ethernet and the other card...I gave mine away. :nod:

To me, building a fast system with a raptor...the raptor should have it's own channel. Actually, i like putting one drive on one channel, and not two on one channel, but that's jsut me. i suppose you could put two, but with heavy file swapping, you'll notice the performance difference, unless in RAID.

Which bios really seems down to which ram you use...my main sticks are CE6, so i use the most recent one. The way DFI bioses are released, it always seems best to be using the latest bios...but.... :angel: ONLY IF THE ONE CURRENTLY THERE ON THE MOBO CAUSES ISSUES. :angel:

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

X-Fi won't conflict with everyone's setup...in fact only about 1% or so will find conflicts (typical conflict rate of ANY sound card regardless who makes it)

you should always use the latest official bios unless there's some other bios that has a specific fix for a specific problem you are having

if you are not having a problem, then don't mess with the bios. All you are doing now is thinking you are going to have a problem so you have already told yourself you need a new bios when you haven't even put the thing together yet.

i guess u r rite.. after reading some of the pages i've become afraid and i just try to take some precaution :D

so all i need to do now is install the mobo like usual first..

eh and why i cant find any latest driver for this mobo at ati chipset ? just like nforce driver at nvidia website :D

thx to all~!

ATI chipset does not require a driver as it conforms almost exactly to the K8 hammer tech, unlike the nV counterpart.

wow cool.. is that mean if i uninstall my nvidia driver + clean the registry so i dont have to format my windows when i put on this cf3200?

ok so now i decide to :

1) install the mobo like usual

2) both 250gb hdds on the ULi sata port

3) raptor on the bottow sata port

4) x-fi hold on 1st .. rite now i only have headphone n i'll see how azalia performs :D

anyway do u guys have any words in installing windows? bcoz last time quite many got problem with installing windows on DFI expert but mine was running smoothly..

and do i have to install the F6 driver?

no F6 on the ULi controller unless running raid.

As i said above, give the X-Fi a try... it';s once you have 2 cards in teh system that the IRQ-sharing really becomes and issue.

If you plan on using the same windows install, please at least do a repair installation. going form one chipset to the next almost always requires a re-install...there's a reason for that(not that i know what it is). there just might be one file left over from the nV chipset that just might conflict with something.

Let me make some small remarks.....

I now have the board for 2 weeks now....

X-Fi Xtreme Musisc: With my SLI-DR, I always got some craking and popping sound in games and in Media Player. Now with this motherboard, I have not notice one single pop or crack!

Overclockig...I got the best 2G RAM kit possible, hoping my overclocking would be better than my SLI-DR, well...I use to get 250 FSB with the SLI-DR. Now, I only get 240 stable.

For those hopping to get a RAID setup, do not use the SIl3114 controller. In fact, I had use that in the begining, and 2 days ago, I switch over ot the ULi chip. Now I get my CPU at the same speed of 240FSB, but with a lower Voltage! (Don't ask me why, I have no clue!)

Now, something I must say, I am very dissapointed in this motherboard! I paid 267$ CAD to get this motherboard and what do I get with it...a lot of problem. It took me a week to figure out that if you enable the USB mouse and USB keyboard at same time, both do not work. that really pissed me off, because everytime, I had to reset CMOS, because my delete key would not work!

I did get this motherboard, because I wanted to switch over too Crossfire, and this was the motherboard for it! Why move too crossfire? Because of Crossfire support in Conroe Chipset. The only thing I hope for, is that Intel releases a new chipset with full 16x PCI for each card. Right now, the 975 only supports 2 cards at 8x each.

That said, I do love DFI motherboard, I do think they are the best overclockers, and you get great support (this forum for example!). But this board should have never been release the way it is! I do hope my next DFI board, for my Conroe, will have less problems than this one.

I've got zero problems with the X2 now as long as I stay at stock speeds...the instant I go 10Mhz FSB up, it fails prime instantly, and the bios acts pretty funny....and even with the ULI controller disabled, the DRAM Data Drive Strength is still whacked and won't stick.

Plus I've seen on a couple reboots that the darn thing ends up back at 240x11 instead of the 200x11 that I have set it for!!!

To be honest...since the Intel 975 and 955 chipsets already have Crossfire support built into them...I'm ready to move to Conroe. And lets be even more honest here that Intel is a superior chipset design, and ATI...well...they just started making chipsets. They are in the same boat as Nvida was in when Nvidia first started...but neither of these companies can make a chipset as solid as Intel can. Problem lately has been Intel's cpu's are piles of junk. But again Conroe is not going to be a pile of junk, and since Crossfire is built right into the 955, 975, and any future Intel chipset...that, I think, is where I am headed personally.

I've about had it with Crossfire chipset, but not the Crossfire gpu setup. They fly on my Intel 975 (Asus) setup. I can only imagine that it will get better with the new cpu Intel comes with.

We have the exact same system if I am not mistaken....

but for some reason, you can get it to overclock at my speeds...there must be something worng... ?

The only difference is the sound card, and that you have both ATI cards on the system, my master card is still on back-order at ATI.com! DID you try overclocking with only one card ?

OK, I have the ASUS board. Love it but I am HTT limited to 328 with my 165 Opteron. This CPU had no issues with 350+ HTT on my DFI SLI-D. How are these boards doing with high HTT speeds? I don't mind being tortured with new settings, I just want to know if it will post/run over 328 HTT.

We have the exact same system if I am not mistaken....

but for some reason, you can get it to overclock at my speeds...there must be something worng... ?

The only difference is the sound card, and that you have both ATI cards on the system, my master card is still on back-order at ATI.com! DID you try overclocking with only one card ?

if you re-read my posts, you will see me CLEARLY state that I cannot get my X2 to overclock at all...zero...zilch....nada

exact same setup with a single core Opteron 146 or 3200+ Venice = easy 250x10 on either cpu

I am NOT INTERESTED in overclocking with a single card

I have 2 x1900xt crossfires and I will use them both

if this ATI board doesn't pan out, I have a nice Asus P5WD2-E with a nice Pentium D 930 dual-core cpu and some nice OCZ DDR2-1000Mhz memory and the cpu clocked to 3750Mhz and both ATI cards running like a champ

I just don't have much more time to fool with this board before I put it back in the box and move on to something else (back to the NF4), or try the RDX200 board now that I have Crossfire cards.