Fs: Tons Of Great New Stuff!

sykr0

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see how minors don't get punished that much for things like this, they basically get a slap on the wrist for it. Why is it that the RIAA can sue 14 year olds for thousands of dollars for downloading music? I would think the law would punish you more harshely for scamming etc. :blink:

Well the law punishes you harshly if your over 18 and have little to no money. If you have money doesn't matter you can get away with little tap on the wrist, same as if your under 18. Course since this was done over the internet and across state lines the feds might ban him from accessing the internet or owning a computer for a while.

We can only hope.

:foldon::foldon:

This is what I need from you guys

Each and every single person needs to write a police report for me.

The report needs to be in your own words and should be structured as follows and in the form of ONE paragraph:

POLICE REPORT

-Date and Time you were introduced to the seller

-Where and when you found the offers posted by the seller to the public forum (overclockers forum)

-when (and if) you contacted him, what was said by you and by him each time

-what deals were arranged

-what (if any) binding agreement was made by you (the buyer)

-What (if any) binding agreement was made by him (the seller)

-Comments and posts you witnessed by other members regarding the seller (general comments/do not include member names)

-Any information you want to provide regarding the issue/seller

-Most importantly* State the following exactly as you see:

I, your name (first, middle initial, last) , do wish to press charges against the seller, Overclockersclub.com member, Sykr, (and list all of his alias names/email addresses) to the extent of fraudulent behaviour via the internet, and wish to prosecute for any and all losses and damages done hereforth on this thirtieth day of June, 2004.

Middle of the night is always good. And make sure Kevin says he's a black belt before hand. Legally he has to (in some states anyway)

this isnt true...trust me its not true 8-)

ahh bigred u could be wrong in texas if ur 14 u can be charged as an adult...which means full exent of teh law..

killswitch's status: Pwned

Edited by Agallion

this isnt true...trust me its not true 8-)

ahh bigred u could be wrong in texas if ur 14 u can be charged as an adult...which means full exent of teh law..

killswitch's status: Pwned

Hahaha, that reminds me of that guy from the Blue Collar Comed ATour, talking about his home-state of Texas:

"Some states are trying to ABOLISH the death penalty. My states putting in an express lane"

That was so funny :) (im trying to lift some spirits here!)

Well the law punishes you harshly if your over 18 and have little to no money. If you have money doesn't matter you can get away with little tap on the wrist, same as if your under 18. Course since this was done over the internet and across state lines the feds might ban him from accessing the internet or owning a computer for a while.

We can only hope.

:foldon::foldon:

they can try that, but the problem is it's not HIS computer technically until he's 18. under 18 you have no rights that the gov't can take away like that.

here's the part you guys might be missing out on. IF he's 15 he won't be going to jail. He'll get yelled at, he might get some community service, he might get probation, but that will most likely be ALL. his parents might end up having to pay the $$$ back to OCC members, but that is not very likely.

his age will protect him from the full extent of the law. if this was one of us that was over 18 we'd be doing some hard time as a guest at a federal "hotel".

if he used mummy and daddy's account they will be liable for all action taken though there paypal account by members of there household hopfully they are decent people and will sort this out