[Poll Closed] What Do You Believe?

wevsspot

88 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following most accurately describes your spiritual belief system

• Atheist
    • Agnostic
    • Christian (regardless of denomination including Catholic)
    • Muslim or Islam
    • Hindu
    • Judaism
    • Buddhist
    • Paganism
    • Other

I guess if Nyt is editing posts, then it's time to put this thread to rest. Thanks so much for sharing everyone. It was really enlightening. I appreciate your thoughts.

Wev

Guess so. A post about power tripping gets completely edited out. Gotta love irony.

Nyt, I'm disappointed...

It was nice while it lasted though, I really enjoyed understanding how other people view things.

Guys you are overeacting, I only edited your post Coors because you keep asking and commenting on me being able to close the thread- if you want to single me out for whatever reason then PM me. I just wanted to say that I can and will close it if it gets out of hand - I just wanted to warn the few of you who I know can lose their cool and join an arguement.

The discussion can continue but can we go onto the topic again aka religion , I know Im awesome but we dont have to keep talking about me :lol:

I, myself am very impressed with the mature nature of this thread. Its not on many forums that a thread like this can make it past 2 pages without handing out warnings and Bans....this one has done very well. As much as I like to debate life and things such as religion I havent felt the urge to at all... there are many like hearted minds and thats a nice thing to have....

I think all the member who posted in this thread deserve a +1 and a pat on the back for being civil...this could have taken a totally different direction.

I think Wev did an awesome job in his direction of the thread and I think that was an important key and the follow up via the members kept it going....

Well, if we cant fight about religion can we at least fight about which is better;

Intel or AMD

nVidia or AMD

?

?

?

:)

Thats not even a fight because anyone who's not living in denial knows its Intel and Nvidia :P:lol:

Well, if we cant fight about religion can we at least fight about which is better;

Intel or AMD

nVidia or AMD

?

?

?

:)

FFFFUUUU GOD IS GOING TO SMITE ALL YE SINNERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding.

Thats not even a fight because anyone who's not living in denial knows its Intel and Nvidia :P:lol:

I agree with you on Intel :cheers: , but Nvidia vs AMD, don't get me started. :evilgrin::lol:

After voting a couple of days ago, I didn't keep up with this thread after, until today when I went back and read all 13 pages. I must say that I am amazed that the discussion stayed civil :thumbsup: I like to wager and 2 days ago, I wouldn't have bet a dollar that this would have been the case. I just really wanted to say how impressed with the OCC community this thread has made me :cheers:

Not going to remember every post exactly but I did want to make some comments:

I was raised Lutheran my entire life. I made the choice to become Agnostic later in high school based on what I believe. But, whether you are Catholic, Christian (which ever denomination), or some other religion, practicing or not, the main thing I believe is that the bricks and mortar that it took to build the church you may or may not belong to, do not matter. But, rather the feeling and beliefs you have established in your heart are what truly matters. Whether those beliefs include a higher power or not, is less important than the fact that they are yours!

I hope that everyone can find happiness or purpose with their lives, without the need of a higher power. Someone said we are the higher power, I like that! Be happy or find a great purpose because you want to, not because you think God wants you to!

Many have asked "why are we here?" I think this question may be the easiest to answer and although the answer may sound completely scientific and utterly hilarious, here it is...Our parents had sex, a sperm inseminated an egg and formed an embryo...bam we are here :biggrin: Joking aside, this question may actually be asking "what is our purpose here?" I think it is up to each individual to answer that for themselves. Even if you are religious, God gave free will for you to answer this question on your own. Which also touches on the comment made that God helped man make these great inventions and improve technology the way we have. I completely disagree with that opinion, but I'm not trying to offend anyone. I just think that even a truly religious person understands that with free will, God gave them the power to make their own way in life, not direct it ;)

@ Wevs - You were talking about addiction, stating that you have known people who only got clean "by accepting that there is a higher authority in their lives," because all else failed. Although I think it is great to get clean in any way possible, if an addict doesn't get clean because of themselves and wanting a better life for themselves, without the need of a "higher authority" in their lives, then in my opinion, the chance of a relapse is probably greater. Addiction is a tricky thing, and one of the few times where selfishness is actually an ally. You have to get clean for you and you alone IMHO

but Nvidia vs AMD, don't get me started. :evilgrin::lol:

21253022.jpg

:lol:

Edit : Anymore @Nyt messages must be sent via PM else they WILL be deleted