[Poll Closed] What Do You Believe?

wevsspot

88 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following most accurately describes your spiritual belief system

• Atheist
    • Agnostic
    • Christian (regardless of denomination including Catholic)
    • Muslim or Islam
    • Hindu
    • Judaism
    • Buddhist
    • Paganism
    • Other

+1 on all of that!..

edit: @ xPeter......have you ever studied science?...look at the complexity of earth....do you think that just HAPPENED to be made...like by accident....or even Man made?????

or is there someone(God).. up there...with a purpose..

Not by accident. By evolution. :P

• Like 1

Not by accident. By evolution. :P

+1

You know, I have been thinking that the show ancient aliens should be on the list. So far they have explained more plot holes in religion than anyone else.

+1 on all of that!..

edit: @ xPeter......have you ever studied science?...look at the complexity of earth....do you think that just HAPPENED to be made...like by accident....or even Man made?????

or is there someone(God).. up there...with a purpose..

I have studied science. And it is this knowledge that leads me to believe that yes, it did all happen by "accident".

Spend some time reading about space and the formation of planets, and I think you will see that there is explanations for a lot of what you call "accidents".

Evolution explains far more than religion or god ever has. Science does not have all the answers, but at least the blanks are not filled with what people would like to be true in order for there life to have "meaning".

Who cares if there are holes?

I have a hard time watching people believe in something like religion when there are so many plot holes in it.

For instance, have you ever been to a movie and you thought it absolutley sucked, but everyone else thought it was great simply because they don't know any better? You know that irritating feeling.

To me there are just a lot of irritating things about the whole mess.

I have a hard time watching people believe in something like religion when there are so many plot holes in it.

For instance, have you ever been to a movie and you thought it absolutley sucked, but everyone else thought it was great simply because they don't know any better? You know that irritating feeling.

To me there are just a lot of irritating things about the whole mess.

I don't really care what other people think. Perhaps that's why it doesn't bother me in the slightest. :lol:

I never said what I said was a reason for god or some other power to exist.

I was just making the point that if well when you die, guess what, nothing happens.

Kinda sucks that for the most part most people will be stuck with 5 years of blissful ignorance another 15 in schooling, 20-30 working followed by some years of retirement when your body is probably at its worst for enjoying your time away from everything then you die.

Some people are forced through cuircsrance to work horrible hours all their life to support those they love and it's great but it makes it hard at times to enjoy their life so two things are likely they loose all faith because how could they be left like this by some all powerfull being or they keep soldiering on in the hope that in the next life/afterlife they will get their rest.

Kinda sucks that for the most part most people will be stuck with 5 years of blissful ignorance another 15 in schooling, 20-30 working followed by some years of retirement when your body is probably at its worst for enjoying your time away from everything then you die.

That's not true at all, some people get entire lives full of blissful ignorance, that's a lot of the reason for why religion exists, most people don't want to be troubled by the real world so they have religion as an escapism.

That's not true at all, some people get entire lives full of blissful ignorance, that's a lot of the reason for why religion exists, most people don't want to be troubled by the real world so they have religion as an escapism.

Which can be a good thing so long as you don't take your religion to an extreme. Anything taken to an extreme, religion, work, relaxation etc can be detrimental to you and/or others around you.