[Poll Closed] What Do You Believe?

wevsspot

88 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following most accurately describes your spiritual belief system

• Atheist
    • Agnostic
    • Christian (regardless of denomination including Catholic)
    • Muslim or Islam
    • Hindu
    • Judaism
    • Buddhist
    • Paganism
    • Other

I've never met a truly angry pissed off person who frequented church... that I've always wondered about... never met a grumpy church goer...

You've obviously never met a member of the WBC

could be but it doesnt say this in the Bible and thats the issue with most all religions... people take the scripture word out of context... just because someone tells you that you should or you have too doesnt mean you should... its like telling someone they must jump off a bridge to live... thats just not going to fly literally...Like I said I have studied religion of several dialects and different denominations and the churches all seem to be about the same thing now a days... organized religion followed by the offering plate... I have been to Northern Churches and Southern Churches and there is a HUGE difference and reference...I can tell you this much... of all the people in life I've ever met.... people who attend Church on a regular basis have a better disposition on life... they seem to have a better attitude and in general are happier people...I've never met a truly angry pissed off person who frequented church... that I've always wondered about... never met a grumpy church goer...

Just having to wake up for church would make me a grumpy person :teehee:

Yes, but that it is a Luther ideal.

Protestants = do whatever you feel like but there is a god

Catholics = Do everything exactly as I say or you will go to hell.

The Roman catholics do have to go to church because one of the popes said that it was imperative that people go. Since the pope is thought of as a medium for god to speak to humans, it was pretty much religious law. This was back in the feudal era of europe when the king and the pope were at odds with each other, and the pope wanted more power than the king. What would be a better way to get more dominance and control than by forcing people to come to a church where you can manipulate them by hiding behind a god? But that is besides the point.

So it actually is a requirement for certain Christian sects to attend church. Any Christian sect that modified its practice on the manuscripts written by Luther does not require church.

Tj, i would appreciate it if you did not make such sweeping generalizations and radical assumptions. If you wan't to state things as fact please at least have the correct facts.

Protestants include a lot of groups and while some are lax some others are very strict.

As for your description of Catholics, none of my catholic friends consider the Pope as Gods mouthpiece, just his appointed ruler of the church(some of them not even that).

Whats that rubbish about Luther? 'Church' attendance has nothing to do with Luther. He said "Anyone who is to find Christ must first find the church. How could anyone know where Christ is and what faith is in him unless he knew where his believers are?" but that to understand what he means you must understand the meaning of church. Church is not the building or even the service, it is the people. The Bible advises us to seek Christian fellowship, and that were ever two or three are gathered in Gods name there he is, that is Church. The churches that require church attendance for salvation have no authority to do so, it is simply an attempt to gain power over their congregation, echoing what you said about the pope and king.(so you did get part of it right)

Tj, i would appreciate it if you did not make such sweeping generalizations and radical assumptions. If you wan't to state things as fact please at least have the correct facts.

Protestants include a lot of groups and while some are lax some others are very strict.

As for your description of Catholics, none of my catholic friends consider the Pope as Gods mouthpiece, just his appointed ruler of the church(some of them not even that).

Whats that rubbish about Luther? 'Church' attendance has nothing to do with Luther. He said "Anyone who is to find Christ must first find the church. How could anyone know where Christ is and what faith is in him unless he knew where his believers are?" but that to understand what he means you must understand the meaning of church. Church is not the building or even the service, it is the people. The Bible advises us to seek Christian fellowship, and that were ever two or three are gathered in Gods name there he is, that is Church. The churches that require church attendance for salvation have no authority to do so, it is simply an attempt to gain power over their congregation, echoing what you said about the pope and king.(so you did get part of it right)

+everything.

Sweeping generalizations get you no where Tjj, so do a little research before sounding off. Like SpeedCrazy said, Protestants are more than just one single religious group. There are thousands of denominations other than the Catholic Church, Anglican Church, or Eastern or Oritental Othodoxy Churches, with not all claiming to be Protestant. LDS members are not Protestant, yet they aren't part of the Catholic Church either.

Though some don't consider the Pope to be the mouth of God, he is the head of the church for sure. And anyone who doesn't see him that way is a fool, because the Pope controls what happens completely. He controls the bishops, the priests, etc. Perhaps not directly, but if you go to church you are listening to what the Pope wants you to listen to.

There's a few reasons I don't go to church anymore (raised Catholic, currently Agnostic.)

Though some don't consider the Pope to be the mouth of God, he is the head of the church for sure. And anyone who doesn't see him that way is a fool, because the Pope controls what happens completely. He controls the bishops, the priests, etc. Perhaps not directly, but if you go to church you are listening to what the Pope wants you to listen to.

There's a few reasons I don't go to church anymore (raised Catholic, currently Agnostic.)

The Catholic Church. Not the church in general.

You know what. My comments were based more on historical reference than a current reference and if that offended you than I am sorry. If you think they were false then believe what you want to believe, they weren't but god knows I can never win any sort of argument on this website.

But I have learned my lesson from past arguments here and I am not going to mess up this thread.

So this is what I will say. I do not care, and if you really want to try and flame me, then I will let you know in advance that I won't respond.

And waco you better support me here because this post comes straight from your guidance.

+everything.

Sweeping generalizations get you no where Tjj, so do a little research before sounding off. Like SpeedCrazy said, Protestants are more than just one single religious group. There are thousands of denominations other than the Catholic Church, Anglican Church, or Eastern or Oritental Othodoxy Churches, with not all claiming to be Protestant. LDS members are not Protestant, yet they aren't part of the Catholic Church either.

I know full well, I just cared very little about the millions of sects of Christianity.

The Catholic Church. Not the church in general.

The church generally is the catholic church. Unless you are totally devoid of western style religion (I consider Judaism an eastern style) or religion in general, the catholic church is The church.

Again, I draw on historical reference for that as well.

The church generally is the catholic church. Unless you are totally devoid of western style religion (I consider Judaism an eastern style) or religion in general, the catholic church is The church.

Again, I draw on historical reference for that as well.

What is England then? Not western?

The Church of England does not view the Pope as the head of the Church.

I have also never been taught that you need to attend mass to still go to heaven, you don't even need to be Catholic, you could have other beliefs and you could also have no beliefs.

Your idea of what the church is, is serious;y outdated and you will find that on a whole the church is far more accepting and toleration than you would believe. That doesn't mean there aren't nutjobs and extremists but I stand by what I said. Your idea of what the Church is, is ignorant and largely in this day and age bs.

I am not the most devour Catholic by any means and even if I wasn't the way you painted things just reflected your own ignorance and an inability to accept others beliefs.

No intention to be harsh or anything here.

Yes, but that it is a Luther ideal.

Protestants = do whatever you feel like but there is a god

Catholics = Do everything exactly as I say or you will go to hell.

I am sorry but what is wrong with you?