What did you want to be when you grew up?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, elementary age i wanted to be a pilot. Now i get motion sick.

Middleschool, i wanted to be a cinematographer or stopaction engineer.

Highschool i wanted to be a web programmer/engineer and currently im still working on that. Though i am becoming pretty much a jack of all trades master of few type person.

Unrelated to my job, one of my life goals is to be able to drive anything. Tank, Boat, Motorcycle (check), Car (check), Jetski, Hovercraft, Bus/Large Truck. etc.

You forgot airplane, and space craft, submarine. horse and buggy?

Back in 5th grade when I first started programming I was convinced I'd be a programmer for life. It wasn't until 3 years into my CS degree that I got bored with programming. Getting a program to work just didn't bring the same joy to me anymore. I needed something more challenging, and after a failed start in Mathematics I opted for Physics. I'm now en route to my 3rd year in graduate school, studying theoretical particle physics.

Astronaut is bit too dangerous still, give it a century or two, then we may have figured out better ways to do space (and maybe even interstellar!).

Hmmm...let's see....I think it went something like this...

Veterinarian > Artist > Fighter pilot > Tattoo Artist > AirForce Officer > Computer Engineer/Programmer > Artist > Writer > Nature Photographer > Animal Rescue > Ridgerunner > Reiki master/massage therapist/herbalist > Mom

I wanted to be a fighter pilot when I grew up, then I wanted to be a professional musician, then a doctor who cured cancer, then a lawyer, then a musician again, then a history teacher, then an actor, then broadway star, then a studio engineer, and now I'm resting on Opera/Music Theatre.