What did you want to be when you grew up?

Did not have a real definite career choice but wanted to use may hands to fix/build/repair things. Carpenter and Auto mechanic were the obvious choices but I ended up in the restaurant business that somehow led to my career as a service technician.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to be a Navy Fighter Pilot! Ok so Top Gun was huge influence on my "what I want to be when I grow up" dreams :)

I do remember though being in 2nd grade and watching the Challenger live on TV when it exploded. Because the teacher was aboard, my entire school was watching. That was a very sad day! I have also been closely reading the "last scheduled launch" news lately as well jim, and like you I am saddened by this news. But, at the same time I understand that right now with our current economic situation, that the funding just isn't there. I just hope that NASA can figure that part of it out, and get things going again soon!

Am I the only one here who never had this thought when I was younger?

I seriously don't remember asking myself this when I was younger.

That's pretty much how it was for me. The question came up but I never really thought about it when I was young. I didn't really consider anything like it until I was about 15 or 16 probably, and it was at that point I learned you could get paid to shoot chickens at planes. :D

I want to be a teacher when I was a little kid, and now I want to be a great manga/anime illustrator and 2d animator for anime, and have my own studio... I want to go to japan! seriously...

I want to be a teacher when I was a little kid, and now I want to be a great manga/anime illustrator and 2d animator for anime, and have my own studio... I want to go to japan! seriously...

Can't say I expected anyone here to have that kind of career in mind, awesome choice though. I'm a big fan of anime/cartoons (not saying they're the same, just that I love both) so if you ever get into it, I'd definitely like to see your work. :D

Can't say I expected anyone here to have that kind of career in mind, awesome choice though. I'm a big fan of anime/cartoons (not saying they're the same, just that I love both) so if you ever get into it, I'd definitely like to see your work. :D

haha, really, I want to be teacher when I was a kid, But I realize that I am not good at teaching people... hahaha.. lol..

Really? I really like them too, cartoons and anime... yes, they are not the same :D well, I am not a professional yet, I am still learning though.. :) I have my works stored here http://liclac.deviantart.com/

haha, really, I want to be teacher when I was a kid, But I realize that I am not good at teaching people... hahaha.. lol..

Really? I really like them too, cartoons and anime... yes, they are not the same :D well, I am not a professional yet, I am still learning though.. :) I have my works stored here http://liclac.deviantart.com/

Awesome, I added you to my watch list. :D

Elementary, I think it was all over the place can't remember. Middle School I did a report on Animation, Programming, and Military. High School I did a report on System Admin/Analyst.

I've done some programming, but none of the other two :D I guess you could say I'm somewhat working towards a System Admin, I really don't know yet.

Lights (posted today on Twitter)

That awkward moment when you can't say "when I grow up" anymore.