• Steam
    • Ventrilo
    • xFire
    • Other

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The games I play most online are Starcraft II, Battlefield:BC2, Counter-Strike:Source and Team Fortress 2 but if anyone sees me online and wants to play feel free to IM me. My steam name is ImmortalRane and I tend to hop on for an hour or so at night.

I love how I spent a ton of money recently upgrading my rig...and I still play CS lol

Steam User Name: wevsspot

Games

Battlefield Bad Company 2 = RAZORBACKBF2

Crysis2 = RAZORBACKBF2

LFD and LFD2 = RAZORBACKBF2

Call of Duty 4 = RAZORBACKBF2

Call of Duty World at War = RAZORBACKBF2

UT3 Black Edition = RAZORBACKBF2

wev's steam game profile

Edited by wevsspot

However, we must bare in mind that some people (<cough>SenitaL</cough>) are not in America, so the time of day is also important. He and others may be willing to stay up late to play games with the rest of us, but if we can avoid putting that need on them, let's try.

:withstupid: ask IVIY about the fun me and him had trying to get borderlands working. due to the time differential it was about straight after work at about 5:30pm for me. but it was about 1 or 2am for him :lol:

I'd definitely be up for it assuming timing works out. although i guess sat nite (USA time) would be most ideal as that would be midday sunday here.

my steam library, also have BC2 (non steam)

Jim - having had several goes with this idea at various forums, with friends and etc.

Communication and online availability are key. Even more so than what games everyone has or time zone that the user is in.

My first recommendation would be to have everyone agree on a primary means of communication between the clan members. We've done xFire, Yahoo IM, Vent and even IRC in the old days. Maybe a poll?

Then create a users group, channels, clan group or whatever in the primary communications app. and ask everyone to sign up.

One thing I love about Vent is the ability to multi-person chat, as well as txt, and the ability to create dedicated channels to a group of people or group playing a certain game. Plus Vent is pretty stable and doesn't create issues when used during any of the games I've played or currently play.

Of course by now you've realized that Vent would get my vote, followed by Steam......................

Jim - having had several goes with this idea at various forums, with friends and etc.

Communication and online availability are key. Even more so than what games everyone has or time zone that the user is in.

My first recommendation would be to have everyone agree on a primary means of communication between the clan members. We've done xFire, Yahoo IM, Vent and even IRC in the old days. Maybe a poll?

Then create a users group, channels, clan group or whatever in the primary communications app. and ask everyone to sign up.

One thing I love about Vent is the ability to multi-person chat, as well as txt, and the ability to create dedicated channels to a group of people or group playing a certain game. Plus Vent is pretty stable and doesn't create issues when used during any of the games I've played or currently play.

Of course by now you've realized that Vent would get my vote, followed by Steam......................

Good idea. Putting the poll up now. Poll's up.

Edited by Guest_Jim_*

The games I play most online are Starcraft II, Battlefield:BC2, Counter-Strike:Source and Team Fortress 2 but if anyone sees me online and wants to play feel free to IM me. My steam name is ImmortalRane and I tend to hop on for an hour or so at night.

I love how I spent a ton of money recently upgrading my rig...and I still play CS lol

LoL, I play mostly L4D2 with mine ;)

I know what you mean. I've got this nice GTX 570 and the most taxing thing I do with it is fold. Breaks 70C folding, but not gaming.

By the way, made a small change to the poll. You can now select multiple options. This is to allow a first, second, third choice kind of thing, but without the labels first, second, third. One enough people vote then probably the top one or two will be what we use. Note, the poll is mostly for voice communication as every multiplayer PC game I know of allows for text communication, and Steam also allows for that.

As far as setting up a clan, we have the Steam group and the GamersPortal team, so I'm not sure we need to make more, but certainly can.