• Steam
    • Ventrilo
    • xFire
    • Other

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I actually started up a vent for us also. Just not sure how to go about getting everyone the info. We will need to have a few people step up and volunteer to be admins as well. Dr. Bowtie has said he will be one but it would be nice to have a few set up.

Should I just post up the info including the password to join it or would you guys prefer to pm me for it? We could go with no password but that could be a pita if we do not get enough admins that can get rid of the spammers when they join.

Well I actually started up a vent for us also. Just not sure how to go about getting everyone the info. We will need to have a few people step up and volunteer to be admins as well. Dr. Bowtie has said he will be one but it would be nice to have a few set up.

Should I just post up the info including the password to join it or would you guys prefer to pm me for it? We could go with no password but that could be a pita if we do not get enough admins that can get rid of the spammers when they join.

I think for the password, PMing would work, but I'm also on steam a lot so for those of you looking to get the password, send me a message on steam for the password. I can't promise I can get back to you any faster than bubba though, my schedule is wonky. :lol:

I think for the password, PMing would work, but I'm also on steam a lot so for those of you looking to get the password, send me a message on steam for the password. I can't promise I can get back to you any faster than bubba though, my schedule is wonky. :lol:

Bubba has been kind enough to make me admin too, so feel free to shoot me a PM or message me on Steam, Xfire or Raptr and I'll toss you the information.

If there is anyone here that is unfamiliar with Ventrilo but wants to give it a try or play around with it, I should be online for a while now so feel free to drop me a message on steam for help setting it up or info for the sever. :D

Edited by Deathmineral

Bubba has been kind enough to make me admin too, so feel free to shoot me a PM or message me on Steam, Xfire or Raptr and I'll toss you the information.

You mean you were kind enough to volunteer to do it! :)

and yes anyone that is in need of some assistance with using or setting it up please shoot me a pm here or on steam/xfire and I will be more than glad to guide anyone thru it. The software can be found here

I've got some work I need to do, so I'm not going to play anything this weekend. If any of you would like to play a game with me, just message me in Steam tonight before I signout. For now, I'm just going to play because I don't feel like working today.

Big thanks to Bubba for setting us up a private Vent server. For anyone with any reservations let me assure you that Vent is a snap to set up on the client side. Plus it's reliable and has a very very small footprint running in the background.

I highly recommend you give it a try if you haven't used it before.

Like Steam, it can also be used as a "who's home / who's online" thing. Just login and leave it running in the background. The if anyone wants to chat with you they can just give you a shout. Bubba and the admins call also set up specific channels for different games. Very cool because you can see who is playing what just by checking the channels.

Anyway, I promised I'd go with whatever voip solution the majority of users liked, but please don't vote for Steam just because your afraid to try vent :)

Okay, we have 4 folks on vent right now so if anyone wants to jump on and chat about anything you shouldn't have any trouble striking up a conversation.

Edit: by the way, I changed my vote to include both steam and vent after I gave vent a try tonight, so I encourage folks to give it a shot if you haven't because it probably is easier than steam.

Edited by Deathmineral

Found a flaw with me using steam for games. I try to avoid getting steam games where possibe so bad company 2 doesn't show up. Time to give ventrilo a try. Also, am I still the only one who voted for xfire?