OCC Group Gaming

Guest_Jim_*

45 members have voted

1. 1. In Game voice Communication preference

• Steam
    • Ventrilo
    • xFire
    • Other

I don't really worry about my voice much personally, my problem is that I'm afraid I will end up sounding silly because I just say silly things to myself while gaming anyway, but a mic isn't something I can use too easily either. I think what I could do is use my laptop for vent though, if that's what we decide on, I really don't pay any attention to the sounds in games as it is anyway.

That is one advantage for me with Skype. I've got it on my laptop, phone, and iPod, so I don't need to use my desktop, and with the phone can even use my bluetooth headset. Plenty o' microphones here.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, how are we supposed to know when to tally up the votes for communication? So far over 30 people have posted in this thread, some of which won't vote anyway but I would think at least 15 or 20 would vote but so far we only have 11 voters.

By the way, how are we supposed to know when to tally up the votes for communication? So far over 30 people have posted in this thread, some of which won't vote anyway but I would think at least 15 or 20 would vote but so far we only have 11 voters.

We tally the votes when what I want is in the lead :P

I know not everyone is voting. I for one have not. I may have started the thread, but I want it to be your opinions and not ruled by mine. Looking at the results though, I think it will remain Steam and Ventrilo in the lead, so that's what we can go with. Whoever wants to setup the vent server, go right ahead, and if there is a guide to vent, post it so others can learn. If there isn't a guide, get typing!

I look forward to seeing you in there.

occ sc2 tournament?

A while back there was a sc2 tournament held by some guys that work at Amazon.com. They did it for themselves and it turned out okay. Day9 did a daily on some of the games played there. I think it's possible to organize such a thing here too. Someone could probably cast the matches as well and later upload to youtube.. I dunno... could be fun imo.

Edited by sack_patrol

I'm horrible at racing games but I really enjoy them.

Here is what I play: (I have Dirt2 but it isn't downloaded)

• Burnout Paradise
  • Flatout Ultimate Carnage
  • Grid

I was going to ask if anyone would be interested in Dirt2 as well...I'm a better type of sucky at that.