• Steam
    • Ventrilo
    • xFire
    • Other

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welll most usually end up in Chicago due to the fact that it is somewhat central. But I mean we could do NY or Dallas also. Mine is is in Chicago and I have people on it from Poland and Denmark that have no ping issues. Don't think we need a poll for it as long as no one objects to Chicago.

Steam: Tuebor407 (Add this one) ::: When Kittens Attack!!! (<-- Will show me as this name)

Games I've played in the last 30 days. Own more, but don't have them installed.

Game ::: Likelihood of Playing (if asked) ::: Gaming Personality

Red Orchestra ::: High ::: Relaxed/Helpful

Darkest Hour ::: High ::: Relaxed/Helpful

World of Tanks ::: High ::: Relaxed/Helpful

Counter Strike Source ::: Medium ::: Relaxed/Helpful

Team Fortress 2 ::: Medium ::: Relaxed/Helpful

Killing Floor ::: Medium ::: Relaxed/Helpful

League of Legends ::: Medium - High ::: Would like to win / Helpful

Don't even ask list:

Bad Company 2

Left 4 Dead

Edited by Krazyxazn

Hey I'm still game to play about anything... guess I don't own too many multi player games -- you can always send me a copy (haha JK JK) but yea... I haven't played L4D in for ever -- seems a lot harder than I remember it being, but I've got borderlands and TF2 (not that I've ever played it) but you can find all my games on my profile obviously. Should be on the OCC members list already, if you can't find me PM me, Steam has apparently made me hard to find even after making my profile public. lol. :D

Hey I'm still game to play about anything... guess I don't own too many multi player games -- you can always send me a copy (haha JK JK) but yea... I haven't played L4D in for ever -- seems a lot harder than I remember it being, but I've got borderlands and TF2 (not that I've ever played it) but you can find all my games on my profile obviously. Should be on the OCC members list already, if you can't find me PM me, Steam has apparently made me hard to find even after making my profile public. lol. :D

Any time you see me in Steam, like now, I'll be willing to play Borderlands and/or Left for Dead 1 & 2 (I only have L4D2 installed right now, but it should only take a few minutes to put the first on, since I have it backed up).

Ok well I know that steam is winning the voice chat poll, but I am wondering if that is because people are not familuar with vent? I mean I have used just about every voice chat program out there and setting up and using vent is very simple and is so much easier to get things moving when you want to just hop on and play a game. No need to invite people to a chat or anything, just hop on and get your game on. :)

Ok well I know that steam is winning the voice chat poll, but I am wondering if that is because people are not familuar with vent? I mean I have used just about every voice chat program out there and setting up and using vent is very simple and is so much easier to get things moving when you want to just hop on and play a game. No need to invite people to a chat or anything, just hop on and get your game on. :)

That is very possible, but having a non-steam option is a good idea, for those that don't have Steam (are there any of you reading this?) and for non-Steam games that you don't open through Steam.

I've used Vent once, and I personally like to use steam more. The way vent works is kind of like how some of us use the OCC IRC, we just keep that window open all the time and idle until somebody says something and then a conversation may start, that's my understanding of how vent works. The problem is, you're going to find a lot of people on OCC, and especially a good number of people in this thread, don't like to hang out in these kind of things. Another thing about use the OCC Steam Group chatroom is that a person can keep that open all the time probably, and it won't really cause that much of a problem to them since they can just put it on a tab on the steam chat window, I think because of that it's a little easier to idle in perhaps, but again, a lot of folks here really don't like to idle in chats.

Right now I have the steam group open and I noticed there has been a couple joiners in it, but they didn't seem to stick around too long. Also I know some of you have to log off steam at some point too, I'm not trying to imply there are no reasons for why a person couldn't idle in the chatroom, plenty of people probably have good reasons for why they can't.

Personally, I've voted for steam because I keep it open all the time, I have space on my desktop dedicated to the Friends List and Chat Window. However if we did end up using vent then I think I could probably use that a little better maybe because then I will be able to use a mic, where as with steam I would be limited to text.

I kind of agree with you though, I think some here are voting steam because it's something almost everyone already has and already knows, where as vent might be a little intimidating for some that haven't use it. I think a solution to this could be just to let everyone try it out real quick on an already setup vent server and see if they like it, some people might change their mind if they try it out.

Sorry for so many words for those of you that are all like "TLDR". :P

I've used Vent once, and I personally like to use steam more. The way vent works is kind of like how some of us use the OCC IRC, we just keep that window open all the time and idle until somebody says something and then a conversation may start, that's my understanding of how vent works. The problem is, you're going to find a lot of people on OCC, and especially a good number of people in this thread, don't like to hang out in these kind of things. Another thing about use the OCC Steam Group chatroom is that a person can keep that open all the time probably, and it won't really cause that much of a problem to them since they can just put it on a tab on the steam chat window, I think because of that it's a little easier to idle in perhaps, but again, a lot of folks here really don't like to idle in chats.

Right now I have the steam group open and I noticed there has been a couple joiners in it, but they didn't seem to stick around too long. Also I know some of you have to log off steam at some point too, I'm not trying to imply there are no reasons for why a person couldn't idle in the chatroom, plenty of people probably have good reasons for why they can't.

Personally, I've voted for steam because I keep it open all the time, I have space on my desktop dedicated to the Friends List and Chat Window. However if we did end up using vent then I think I could probably use that a little better maybe because then I will be able to use a mic, where as with steam I would be limited to text.

I kind of agree with you though, I think some here are voting steam because it's something almost everyone already has and already knows, where as vent might be a little intimidating for some that haven't use it. I think a solution to this could be just to let everyone try it out real quick on an already setup vent server and see if they like it, some people might change their mind if they try it out.

Sorry for so many words for those of you that are all like "TLDR". :P

I'm in it now. I joined but left because I know you guys idle and nobody talks. I'd stay if people were talking. Same with the IRC.