League of Legends

WhenKittensATK

About 45 minutes downloading it, 15 mins updating it, 10 minute tutorial.

It looked promising but I'm a total poor sport and this game is despicable.

All I wanted to was just play, so I clicked on a game ('something versus AI'), spent 5 minutes on some stupid matchmaking page where everyones percentage had to go up to 100%, the game loads, everyone runs a different direction, I run down the middle, die and then proceed to be berated by all of the other players.

Wonderful gaming experience!

:thumbsup:

So I quit, even though it told me not to.

Then I re-logon and I am forced to continue playing that game.

No thanks I'll pass.

Sincerely,

Total Whinarse Mcuninstalling

I run down the middle, die and then proceed to be berated by all of the other players.

LoL has one of the most ruthless communities. As do most multiplayer games when every single person's performance makes a difference.

In big servers, you can get away with being the worst player on Earth and no one will notice or care. Then you take that person into a small 5 vs 5 and he will get all the attention most would have ignored in a bigger server.

========

I say give it another try, perhaps do a Practice Game instead of a regular match making one. People aren't as serious in practice games.

You can look up guides on how to play a certain champion here: http://leaguecraft.com/champions/

There are 3 lanes on the map: Top, Middle, and Bottom. It normally goes 2 players Top, 1 player Middle, and 2 Players Bottom. However there are people who Jungle, which is a term used for someone who doesn't Lane (meaning doesn't fight in one of the lanes). Junglers spend most of the start of the game leveling up through the neutral monsters in the jungles in between the lanes.

Usually around level 8-10 people start to form up and push a lane or get into team fights. Allowing them to push a lane and destroy enemy towers.

There is a lot to this game. They didn't even have the tutorial system they have now when I started. However I'm a glutton for punishment. I play as a Healer in RPGs (unfilling role when you have to solo) and I stick to brutal gameplay of Red Orchestra (most players quit in the first 10 minutes, just had one of my friends exit the game after 8 seconds :D).

========

I don't play this game much anymore. The matches can last pretty long. The longest I had was 1h25m (Spoiled by World of Tanks and its 5-10 minute games). Most matches are suppose to be around 20-25 minutes, if you have a good team or you don't have TryHards (people are extremely serious about the game) who don't want to surrender.

Still a good game, played a few matches recently.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Hahaha I know what you mean krazy the matches with 5v5 usually last 45mins on average. Longest match I was in lasted 2hrs.... we won though lol...

Im currently lvl 27 I think. I play Teemo, Cho gath, and fiddlesticks like a pro XD

IGN: Drakgard

I think we could do some coaching for Andrew (and other lesser experienced players) as well. If you guys are willing to stream to a site, such as Xfire, Livestream or JustinTV, we could hop into teamspeak or ventrillo and give you tips on your playing style.

I'd be glad to help, too, Andrew, if you were interested. There is a learning curve, but I find the game very enjoyable. That being said, I haven't played in quite a while, although I'm level 30. I've been dumping my time into another game, although I used to play this religiously and still find it very fun. The matches can go long, though, at times. I've had one that lasted over two hours. It's really important to find a character that fits your play style, in my opinion. I don't have all that many characters, I tend to play with just a few. Annie, Amumu, Karthus, and Anivia are my personal favorites, with Karthus and Anivia being my newest ones, but they are also quite difficult to play well (well, maybe not difficult, but more challenging that some other characters).

This game can be a lot of fun if you play with others your know, or even people you meet through the game and play with regularly. I used to play with a fairly large group of folks, and we'd all hop on a Vent server and have at it. Voice chat definitely is a huge advantage and almost a must-need, in my opinion. If anyone wants to add me, name's Bizzlenitch, I might hop on the game for the first time in a while if there are some OCCers who wanna get a group together.

All of us here are more then willing to help, and so far everybody has contributed to helping out (save for myself, but I'll get to that). That is why the community here is so great!

As for learning how to play, it can take time. Every champion handles differently, but there are those that all play very similar (eg. Mundo, Garen, and Maokai as tanks). Finding those that you enjoy can take time, but since there is usually a new selection of free champions each week it means you can eventually learn to play everybody and be good with them.

Take me for example: when I started playing it was a Pantheon free week and guess who I kept playing as? Then comes a Mordekaiser free week and I find I enjoy playing him too. The ONLY champion that I have bought without having played him before was Jarvan IV (who I sill play), and thats just because I knew so much about him prior to his release. Once you learn your style you will find more champions that you like to play as!

Also, the idea of doing 5v5s with all OCC members would be awesome to actually do, and since I host my own TeamSpeak 3 server we could actually be co-ordinated! TS info is 64.106.88.200 if anybody cares to get on, my name both on LoL and in TS is RogerDeath. Feel free to hit me up.

One last thing, because I can't avoid a chance for some shameless self-promotion. I try to put LoL videos up on my YouTube Channel so feel free to check them out.

Voice chat definitely is a huge advantage and almost a must-need, in my opinion. If anyone wants to add me, name's Bizzlenitch, I might hop on the game for the first time in a while if there are some OCCers who wanna get a group together.

Voice chat is how my friends taught me in game. Specifically we go through Skype for it. If that works for other people I could post my Skype name or, more likely, make a "Guest_Jim_* on OCC" account, or something similar. The in game setups can work, but I've seen some weird issues with at least one. Plus, going through Skype we can be on there before and after games too. I'll probably mention this in the Group Gaming thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocdd9Weop9M

All the champions I used to play seem a bit weaker now. Especially Morgana's ultimate.

This video was from a match I played earlier today. Went 6 - 4 - 20 and we won. I think I was doing pretty good at middle lane. They had to swap out my opponent: Veigar to Corki to Sivir. Binding Sivir gives me the most pleasure :D

I tend to get lost in big team fights. Usually results me playing a ranged champion and somehow I end up in the middle of a team fight :D

Edited by Krazyxazn

I play a mean teemo, but lately I've been doing much better as melee characters (IE Garen) so I'm saving up for Jarvan.

I noticed that as I got more people on my team that I actually knew, the better experience we had.

I had a full 5 player team, all people I knew, and all of us were in my Teamspeak server. We pwned. But later on I played a match with only 2 other people I knew and we got stomped on. Sometimes it's the luck of the draw, but a lot of the time the voice communication can really help.