Anyone playing Elderscrolls IV yet?

baaj

havinet figured out wich looks better....large or small textures. i think large...but honestly cnat really tell. also when i dropped the HDR lighting i added 4xAA and maxxed out everything. in the end i got better fPS and the game looks better. so whatever HDR is....it no cool in mi book

If you want to tweak the game some more, check out this link - it explains all of the settings in heavy detail.

http://www.tweakguides.com/Oblivion_9.html

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lord Sauron
OMG! so frikken funny. i just came across a quest called unfriendly compitition. its in the imperial city. you gotta stop a new merchent in town whos under cutting all the other merchants in town. theyre pissed hes selling goods at a cheaper price. its so totaly a play on all the complaining about walmar. i love the satire that they threw in this game. its great. evin the dialog "He doesnt always sell the same goods as us, but people with money to spend tend to go there" ; "we all have an agreement on what prices to sell goods at, but he wont join our union" gotta love it its great. check it out if you havent already done so. its in the market distrect. just talk to all the merchants. and eventually it will trigger the quest.

Yeah that quest is a pretty easy one. Just make sure you have some lockpicks for later...

Also check the one out on the boat-inn. thats a pretty cool one too.

I have like 10 quests going right now, and I havent even started the main quest. So much to do... So little time... /me hears divorce papers being written up by disgruntled wife due to exessive Oblivion playing :D

also note I posted that link late last week :(

I just love this game. I can't imagine what it looks like on your beefy system Angry, but with my modest sytem the game runs @ 1920 x 1200 (Dell 24 monitor native res) beautifully. It only gets choppy when there are lots of guys attacking me outside. (i.e., necromancer quest). I think I would benefit from extra memory........

Easily the coolest part of the game (so far) was the mission to retake Kvatch castle. I was getting dummied by these two atronachs when out of nowhere two imperial legions come sprinting in and pelt them to death with arrows and tough guy one liners. Man it looked awesome. First game I have ever played where friendly AI were actually your friends in that you really, really needed them. The difficulty level of the game is just perfect as it makes you feel like you just barely make it through the tough parts alive, with one weak healing potion and 1 repair hammer to spare. All it needs is some Lord of the Rings music in the background during the epic battles. OH man......

Another great graphic effect is when you kill one of those 'Dawn' assasins and his armor vanishes. No game I have seen so far looks this cool during combat.

If this wasn't a DFI based system, there's no way the sum of my parts could handle this game. NO doubt in my mind.

2GB would easily help ya out as this game uses a LOT of memory

your vid card should run it no problem though in that high res widescreen it might stutter a bit lol...but at least you get to play it...I've had 1 hour in the last 2 weeks maybe =(

..but at least you get to play it...I've had 1 hour in the last 2 weeks maybe =(

I think hockey is beginning to affect your performance here Travis, stop moving around so much, put on some weight, and play Oblivion for 12 hours straight. :cool:

Ya, i relate totaly to you fsT h20, i went home 3 times last year for 4 days each. but thats my fault ince i never ask to be sent back to the northwest; id rather stay on the road makin money and saving it up; once was christmass once was to pickup my parts for my rig and i forget the reason for the third. so it wasnt too important that i be home. I wont be doin this trukking forever though. but i wanna lay the foundation for a good future beetween me and a significant other, so the way i see it is a small saacrifice. im only 27 so i got plenty of time to settle down still. but in the meantime...

I Got a girlfriend. accually i got many. Mis April, May, June.....

they dont talk back unless i want them to. and they are in the mood for whatever im in the mood for. we have a strong healthy relationship.

at anyrate back on topic....time to chill with some more oblivion. I been experimenting and i finaly turned off the HDR lighting. it sucks. it makes a white outline around the chaaracters and when talking to them up close it makes an anoying shadow under thier chin that looks like moving stubble. (accually at first i thought it was a poor attempt to render stubble).

I havinet figured out wich looks better....large or small textures. i think large...but honestly cnat really tell. also when i dropped the HDR lighting i added 4xAA and maxxed out everything. in the end i got better fPS and the game looks better. so whatever HDR is....it no cool in mi book

Massive tip: Turn off Self Shadows for characters, that's what's causing the strange dark stuble on characters!

I gotta say that I'm pleasently suprised by this game, I took a gamble when I bought it since I'm really not into rpg but when I got it on sat and started playing I just gotta say wow, the only problem is i have to start over again because I don't like how my character came out.

Guest Lord Sauron

Here is a big hint for everyone just starting out in the game.

When you reach the sewer grate to the outside, save your game and NEVER EVER delete it. That way if you dont like how your character started out, you can just go thru the edit procedures before you leave the sewers. That way you dont have to go thru the entire cave sequence again killing goblins and watching the emperor get killed etc..

There is a mod on here http://www.tessource.net/files/ that allows you to change your character at any time during the game, so you dont have to start again, but I personally think thats cheating :D

I got to play it for 5 hours last weekend, and it wasnt enough. Dont get time to play during the week, due to long hours working and being too damn tired to play it. This saturday is going to oblivion day tho.. cant wait. :D