Anyone playing Elderscrolls IV yet?

baaj

Yeah of loved that quest. I killed those monster (i will leave the names out to not spoil it) without those potions, that was tough!

Yeah I didn't even look at those potions before charging on...woulda been too easy then though. :)

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lord Sauron
Keep in mind the special edition will be a DVD, I'm betting the standard is still a bunch of CDs. That alone is worth the extra cost to me.

No ... The standard edition is also DVD only.

The Special Edition comes with a Bonus DVD (Making of) a Septim Coin, and a pocket guide to the Empire.

There is no Oblivion CD version....

Also check here out http://www.tweakguides.com/Oblivion_1.html

Nice tweak guide.

I also have some mods that removed Fast Travel and you can only Fast Travel to Cities where you activate a Nexus Stone. This brings the game to a new level as you have to walk/ride everywhere and cant complete the main quest in 5 hours. (not that I have, but I have seen posts from people who have done so.. using fast travel, no exploring and becasue the game levels dynamicly thy killed everything easily as all the monsters were at low level)

...the game levels dynamicly thy killed everything easily as all the monsters were at low level

This is the biggest challenge in this game. I also read that you can close the kvatch when you are level 1 (enemies are on par with your skill level) - I also read a level 24 guy's post - he closed the gate when he is level 23 - unbelievablely challenging enemies not just clannfears and flamey things (atrm something...)!! Downside of it: he again got the same reward (spoiler) which is nonsense...

By the way, anybody fighted against that 3 argonians in the arena - any tricks how to beat them as I asked in my earlier post.

This is the biggest challenge in this game. I also read that you can close the kvatch when you are level 1 (enemies are on par with your skill level) - I also read a level 24 guy's post - he closed the gate when he is level 23 - unbelievablely challenging enemies not just clannfears and flamey things (atrm something...)!! Downside of it: he again got the same reward (spoiler) which is nonsense...

By the way, anybody fighted against that 3 argonians in the arena - any tricks how to beat them as I asked in my earlier post.

Um....kill them before they kill you?

Anyways, I usually go to 3rd person mode and don't have a problem dancing around guys enough to avoid hits. Time your blocks well and carry some healing potions and you should be fine. You could check out some scrolls at the discount scrolls shop and maybe get something like burden, paralysis, or maybe even some good damage spells.

Yeah I really wish I had waited to do the main quest later, theres all kinds of crazy baddies everywhere now. Probably woulda been a lot more fun.

Guest Lord Sauron

Yes start again with the Nexus Stone Mod enabled... You wont fly thru it then :)

Yes start again with the Nexus Stone Mod enabled... You wont fly thru it then :)

The what in the what now?? :confused:

Starting agian sounds like a lot of work now...though I'm at the point now if I can't find sometihng to do besides spelunking I might make a hot elven chick...

The what in the what now?? :confused:

Starting agian sounds like a lot of work now...though I'm at the point now if I can't find sometihng to do besides spelunking I might make a hot elven chick...

Ive already tried....you can't. Its impossible. The character creation only makes ugly faces. I've experimented for hours.

Ive already tried....you cant. its impossible. the character creation only makes ugle faces. ive experimented for hours.

It WILL be done. Its not like I have a crapload of stuff to do next week....