X-box360 Vs. Computer

Psychotic_god

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

umm kind of weird but i'll say this

Consoles= dummy proof, nice looking graphics at a cheap price (compared to PC parts), designed for games, multiplayer

PC= upgradeable, more expensive, can do anything with, most of the time get better audio/video with,

Take your pic, depends on you really

BTW: feel free to add your pros and cons

serously betwen COD2 PC and 360, the pc wins, the 360 runs at max everything at 1024x768 with no AA, now i run it at 1280x1024 4x AA Max everything but insane coupes since well my computer cant handle 300 dead bodys.

i wish there were more games to prove that the 360 games looks worse than a $1600 computer. thats what makes the 360 worth it b/c its cheap. no upgradable yes, but cheap. it also can look better in the future.

Cod2 for 360 only use's 2 of the 6 threads, 1 audio 1 phsyics/ everything else. if they spent time on it 4 other threads could be use to crank up AA as higher detail cant go over 512mb. as the computer in SLi can as of now go to a gig, 1024mb is huge!.

this is why Pc games beat any 360 game hands down intill they start to use the extra threads.

there is no competition between any console and a PC.  PC's will always be better.

585147[/snapback]

:withstupid: No matter what, PC's will always have more processing power and better graphics

What's good about consoles is that

1. the games are catered towards it, so full compatibility, unlike in the PC market where there are literally thousands of combinations of parts people may have.

2. in-the-same-room multiplayer fun. Nothing like some 4-person Super Smash Bros Melee or, see below...

well consoles>computers @ fighting games, ill give it that, but imo the xbox has the WORST controller for games like dead or alive and soul calibur. sony did a great job with those controllers :D

585166[/snapback]

That's the only thing I don't understand; why there aren't any good fighting games for the PC? Can you imagine playing Soul Calibur or DoA on a PC over the internet? That'd be freakin sweet! I already have a ps2-esque gamepad for my PC (nyko air flo ex), so I'm all prepared. Or maybe I just want to see Ivy at 1280x1024 with full AA, AS and HDR! ;)

:withstupid: No matter what, PC's will always have more processing power and better graphics

What's good about consoles is that

1. the games are catered towards it, so full compatibility, unlike in the PC market where there are literally thousands of combinations of parts people may have.

2. in-the-same-room multiplayer fun.  Nothing like some 4-person Super Smash Bros Melee or, see below...

That's the only thing I don't understand; why there aren't any good fighting games for the PC?  Can you imagine playing Soul Calibur or DoA on a PC over the internet?  That'd be freakin sweet!  I already have a ps2-esque gamepad for my PC (nyko air flo ex), so I'm all prepared.  Or maybe I just want to see Ivy at 1280x1024 with full AA, AS and HDR! ;)

585190[/snapback]

well you do have a point, and correction, ivy battling sophitia with fsaa, 16xaf, hdr, sm3, and 1600x1200 :lol: yeah, they definately need to port it to the pc.