Sign in to follow this  
Psychotic_god

X-box360 Vs. Computer

I was some time ago arguing with my little brother (who knows nothing about computers) about the differences between the two. I firstly insisted that the x-box 360 and the PS3 to come out were allready old technology because they did not support the future 64bit games, that they were still running on 32bit architecture. I secondly insisted that a computer's graphic cards, processor, hard drive, and heat dissipation would always be superior. The only thing he could do to back up his support of consoles was the (quote) "The graphics looked better than real life", I though to myself that this kid hadn't seen doom3 on a decent AMD machine yet with a 7th generation Nvidia.

What do you guys think, what makes our computers better than a console could ever be. Any X-box 360 experience you could share that backs this up?

They do not fall into the same catagory, therefore should not be compared.

Plus, theres already a thread that is basically a debate like this. the "Played on an xbox 360 yet?" one.

doom 3 on my x800xtpe and 7800gtx looks exactly the same... but both look better than if it was on the 360. btw, COD:2 on pc>360, just look @ the jaggedness. ooo try hl:2 on the 360, its gonna choke :lol: but dead or alive 4 on the 360> the pc, its one of my fav fighting game series hehe, 3rd to tekken and soul calibur though.

edit: lets see if the 360 can handle f.e.a.r @ max max settings including soft shadows :P

But seriosuly, Im so tired of people telling me that consoles pwn computers, they don't. Anything you can do with a console Im confident you could do better with a PC.

Nobody is listening to me!! They are not the same! It is NOT like comparing two consoles!

if they can run doom 3 on an xbox....

also the xbox360 has a gpu with 10mb's of on core ram

the only problem right now is people are comparing ports..... espically an ea game (EA is one of the worst devs)

quake 4 looks incredible and pgr3 is jaw droping.and condemed is also insane

IT DOESNT MATTER! its like comparing a kind of pizza to a kind of energy drink. They are completely different and have no real reason to be compared.

I could probably say that one thing is better than the other but thats not fair because its just... its.... BAAH!.

at the moment and for the next 4 months the xbox 360

but the fact is the games will always have the ability to be better for about 3 years if the dev's are good (ubi soft, id, ect ect) but if they are a crappy dev (ea) then the games will look like . and play like .

Nobody is listening to me!! They are not the same! It is NOT like comparing two consoles!

584704[/snapback]

now you know how i feel when people compared a 7800gtx SLI against a single x1800xt, for christ sake, that is the stupidest thing i have ever seen. asides that, i tend to compare ports and not hardware (even though the 360 uses stripped down power pc chips).

COMPUTERS PWN

584714[/snapback]

I :wub: you. Welcome to OCC by the way :thumbs-up: , and don't touch the llamas :ph34r: . Sorry guys, that was off topic, but since Im there, Im made this thread like 2 days ago and it sunk down to the 2nd page, and I REALLY need the answer, so please make it resurface; [Here].

Yeah....I guess you can't compare them, but I think Ill stay with the idea that I would rather own a computer than a console. Some would say "get both", but Im just not a console guys, unless you can overclock them :P