Sign in to follow this  
Psychotic_god

X-box360 Vs. Computer

IT DOESNT MATTER! its like comparing a kind of pizza to a kind of energy drink. They are completely different and have no real reason to be compared.

I could probably say that one thing is better than the other but thats not fair because its just... its.... BAAH!.

584710[/snapback]

:withstupid:

Thread should have finished here.

:withstupid:

Thread should have finished here.

585256[/snapback]

Yah I pretty much think it should have stopped there too.... this argument could go on forever. And I would appreciate it if people would stop saying that 360 doesn't support AA without doing some proper research.

How about we leave it as this, 3rd person games are better on console and 1st person are better on PC. Problem solved. Now put the apples and bananas away.

How about we leave it as this, 3rd person games are better on console and 1st person are better on PC. Problem solved. Now put the apples and bananas away.

585283[/snapback]

Because that's not true either. Not all 3rd person games are better on the console. PC's are better for RPG's. Here's the list, IMHO:

PC's:

FPS's (and other FP's)

RTS's

RPG's

MMO's

Adventure Games

Consoles:

Fighting Games

Most Sports

Most Platforms

Party Games

If I forgot a category, please append :)

Because that's not true either.  Not all 3rd person games are better on the console.  PC's are better for RPG's.  Here's the list, IMHO:

PC's:

FPS's (and other FP's)

RTS's

RPG's

MMO's

Adventure Games

Consoles:

Fighting Games

Most Sports

Most Platforms

Party Games

If I forgot a category, please append :)

585289[/snapback]

I strongly disagree with the RPG's on PC. Final Fantasy was always more fun on consoles, fable was more fun. The only series that I think was better on PC was KOTR. Adventure type games are also great on consoles. (by adventure I'm thinking of 3rd person mario type games)

On the AA and GFX dissuasions: Has anyone thought about the fact that a normal TV has a resolution of what 640x480? or is it 800x600? Your comp does what, 3x that? All this GFX power is nice. but think about what U are hoking it up to. If U have a HDTV good for U.

Look, 'Personal Computers' have access to the latest hardware technology, and are generally more powerful than consoles, therefore PC game manufacurers can constantly up the power needed for their games, meaning that they can use more detailled textures etc... Also PC games have more controls available, making games like RPGs easier to handle.

Consoles on the other hand are designed to offer as much gaming power for a certian price, that can fit next to a vcr or dvd player. They use cutting edge technology when they are designed, but the process of maufacture, game design and marketing takes up a lot of time after the spec. is finalized, so the hardware will never be as fast as a pc when they are released, however console games can use more of the processing power efficiently. Console games also, until xbox, had to load from a disc or carteridge, meaning the data was slower and there was a ~4gb limit on size for all the files and data. Console contollers are designed to be ergonomical, and space saving, meaning there is a compromise on the number of buttons/inputs you can have.

Both are totally different machines, you can't compare them, so dont.

Nice one lego. Also, to reiterate what's been said several time throughout this thread, but paid NO attention to, multiplayer on a console is a lot more competitive, and just flat out more fun than on a PC. Sure, with a PC you can talk trash over the internet, type out flames, hack the noobs, and do whatever, but with a console, you're right in their face, and when you own eachother, you get to see eachothers faces when the ownage is inflicted. Id take 4 xbox's system-linked w/ 16 people on halo 2 than a 64 player server on what ever game on PC. It's a lot more fun in person. If you like being shut in a room by yourself, "pwning" people you've never met in real life, fine with me, I just see the word multiplayer as a very social word.

I strongly disagree with the RPG's on PC. Final Fantasy was always more fun on consoles, fable was more fun. The only series that I think was better on PC was KOTR. Adventure type games are also great on consoles. (by adventure I'm thinking of 3rd person mario type games)

585312[/snapback]

Well I was never a fan of FF, but the Kotor series, diablo series, NWN series, morrowind series...those made the PC the place for RPG's.

And when I said "adventure games" I'm talking about the Myst-type games. Mario goes in the "platform" category.

Well I was never a fan of FF, but the Kotor series, diablo series, NWN series, morrowind series...those made the PC the place for RPG's.

And when I said "adventure games" I'm talking about the Myst-type games.  Mario goes in the "platform" category.

585373[/snapback]

Ok I see what your saying by adventure now. The only adventure game I've ever played was Riven. Oblivion does look promising on 360 though....

Ok I see what your saying by adventure now. The only adventure game I've ever played was Riven. Oblivion does look promising on 360 though....

585388[/snapback]

True. Looks promising for the PC too though. Of course, we won't know for a few months since they delayed it (f'n a! lol).

After reading the hole thread I think Psychotic_god question was does the xbox 360 have better graphics. More then question everyone is arguing about the different games and multiplayer featchures. Like would 2 SLI 7800gtx with 512 beat a xbox 360 in grapthics card?

Also I was reading this artical and it said the ps3 has a graphics that faster then 2 6800 ultras so consoul can't be too far behind in graphics power.