Miata!

BluePanda

Blah. I'll drop the prices then. I figured some might want to avoid the hassle of rebates. :teehee:

EDIT: Pictures! :D

Out with the old and in with the new...which one looks like it's actually designed to flow well? :lol: The stock one has a massive heat shield on it that rattled and buzzed like mad since it was busted up. The stock collector/downpipe size can't be more than 1.5" or so on the inside. :lol: There were a few busted welds throughout it as well.

IMAG0446.jpg

The flange wasn't quite right on the header so I set to work with the dremel. An hour of grinding and smoothing later (I figured I might as well port-match the flange to the head while I had access to it) this is what I had:

IMAG0447.jpg

IMAG0448.jpg

...and here it is on the car, not quite put back together:

IMAG0449.jpg

After re-installing the air box and strut braced I fired it up and did a very quick test drive - overall the buzzing is gone, the exhaust note is MUCH smoother, and it is a lot happier revving up high even with the stock midpipe and muffler still in place. Of course, the stock muffler is now screaming for mercy even more than it did before... :teehee:

That stock header looks like it would have shattered if you looked at it the wrong way. :lol:

Nice to see a new one on it before you drive the car again.

Waco, did you lower the prices on your SSD's? I might be interested in one.

Yeah. They're on EBay for a $90 opening bid w/ $5 shipping. I'll do $95 shipped for them if the don't sell (auction ends Friday).

Update -

Just bought a couple parts from Digi-Key. I'm going to overclock the ECU from 4 MHz to 4.19 MHz. :evilgrin:

Intersting whudathunk?

Just looked it up quick, are you shooting for advanced timing or higher revs?

Just delved deeper and I only see Rev-limiter mods for the Miata, so there's my answer.

LINK

It raises the rev limiter, leans out the A/F ratio, and retards timing slightly. The timing is already waaaay advanced so the slight retard will help keep pinging in check since it'll be a bit leaner. Should get a ~7600 RPM redline. :D