Miata!

BluePanda

MiaTaTa? :blink: Yeah, I'm lost. :lol:

New(er) pics:

I did a quick touchup on the top so it didn't look so terrible for our trip down to the Red Bull Soap Box races this past weeked - here's the halfway done picture before I fixed the rear window:

IMAG0462.jpg

Here's what the muffler looked like when it showed up...the tip is absolutely hideous and WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too big. :lol: I'll get pictures of the final install soon but it has to stop freakin' raining first. :teehee:

IMAG0465.jpg

Here's the stock ECU opened up - the crystal is at the very bottom (and the new ones are sitting next to the ECU on the table):

IMAG0467.jpg

And *shabam* it's overclocked! :) The old crystal is sitting on the right side there and the new one is installed.

IMAG0468.jpg

The car fired right up and idled perfectly after the overclock. Technically it's idling about 5% faster than before, but it's not a noticeable difference. I haven't taken it for a drive yet but it revs fine and bumps the limiter at 7600 just as planned. :)

I can't properly quote your whole post Waco but I'm glad the ECU mod went well and that exhaust actually mighty not be terrible. Did you do a mock up fit?

Wow 31 pages just for one car :lol:

Hence build log, some PC builds are hundreds of pages. :P

Progress!

The new top is now on, so since I promised, I took in-progress pics. :P

The old top and frame off the car...you have no idea how hard this was with the roll bar in place. :lol:

IMAG0471.jpg

IMAG0472.jpg

Off the frame:

IMAG0473.jpg

New top going on:

IMAG0474.jpg

IMAG0475.jpg

Interruption by mother nature - had to start dinner, which was BBQ chicken, and noticed it was pouring. Had to move the grill under the shed and continue the cooking. :P

IMAG0476.jpg

IMAG0477.jpg

IMAG0479.jpg

Top, continued:

IMAG0478.jpg

This morning I glued the two front corners down and installed the top onto the car.

IMAG0480.jpg

I took the opportunity to finally put the dash piece back on that I tore off unnecessarily in the interior stripping... :blush:

IMAG0481.jpg

And the top is on! The roll bar made this so very painful. :lol:

IMAG0482.jpg

IMAG0483.jpg

The new top fit perfectly and I took the opportunity to clean out the drainage ducts as well - they were plugged with junk from over the years. It looks great, fits great, and wasn't too hard except the removal of the frame and the re-installation of it as well. Putting the new top on the actual frame was easy as pie. :)

Next up - suspension parts! I've got a set of bushings, ball joints, and tie rod ends to go on the front of the car. It just needs to STOP RAINING. :angry:

Hell no! There's absolutely no reason to get larger wheels. These things, even with the tires on them, weight less than the bare steel spare donut. :lol: I'm not going to compromise the handling and acceleration just for looks.

That, and it keeps tires dirt cheap. :lol:

Lowering is a possibility though - I want to do the shocks/springs in one shot if I do that though - so it'll be a while.

Hell no! There's absolutely no reason to get larger wheels. These things, even with the tires on them, weight less than the bare steel spare donut. :lol: I'm not going to compromise the handling and acceleration just for looks.

That, and it keeps tires dirt cheap. :lol:

Your wheels:

580-XFFB-01.gif

:lol:

It'll still drive right around your 'stang in a turn...so who's laughing now? :D

Me, because the tracks around here are oriented for heavy powerful cars, not hot wheels cars. :lol: