Miata!

BluePanda

Looking pretty good so far.

So, since that glove fits, does that mean you aren't full of s**t? :P

I thought it made me guilty of killing OJ's wife. :lol:

Car looks amazing, you guys do great work. When are you going to start doing some stuff to the engine?

Thanks! Hopefully it won't be too long. I'm probably going to build a custom intake for it so it stops sucking in hot engine air. I'm still debating on getting a header for it or not...it's pretty damn tempting. Just doing the header is supposed to add 10-15 HP at the wheels, more if the catalytic converted is already gone (which it is). That's a fair amount on a car with barely over 100 HP at the rear wheels stock. :)

The engine itself doesn't need any real work so I'm not sure I want to tear it apart too much. The timing is already advanced 14 or 16 degrees (haven't taken it apart to check). There's not a HUGE amount you can do to the motor without going forced induction. :lol:

I'm going to get a 4 wheel alignment in the next week or so and have them do a full check on all the suspension components. I have a hunch that something is a bit worn on the front right corner, it feels slightly funny sometimes going around turns. No real noises at speed during turns or anything though. I'm not familiar with the car enough to do a visual inspection past the "yep, that won't kill me" kind of once-over. :P

I'm amazed the black dye is working so well on the interior parts. The door panels and dash are turning out to look damn near new. :D I have some stereo stuff I'm still debating on whether or not I want to install. It'd be easy to bolt in so it'd be hard to steal but I'd pretty much lose any weight savings I've gotten from putting extra crap out of the car and putting in lightweight parts.

Yeah...but I need my bass. :) I'll probably do a lightweight sub + components setup with my extra Cadence amp.

So if I understand correctly... You're lightening the car and doing performance and suspension mods... But... You're going to throw a sub in the back? Oh, ok, that makes perfect sense. :withstupid:

So if I understand correctly... You're lightening the car and doing performance and suspension mods... But... You're going to throw a sub in the back? Oh, ok, that makes perfect sense. :withstupid:

Like you did any of the stuff to your own car... :P

Track day comes around?

Disconnect the amp and just pull out the sub.

Plus Waco and BluePanda are already small (weight wise) people, so compared to the average American (note singular) they're already lighter.

Like you did any of the stuff to your own car... :P

Track day comes around?

Disconnect the amp and just pull out the sub.

Plus Waco and BluePanda are already small (weight wise) people, so compared to the average American (note singular) they're already lighter.

Mine came with an amp and two 10" kicker subs. The first thing I did was yank 'em out and sell them. :lol: Right now my car has no rear seats, no passenger seat, and no door panels. That is just the beginning of the extreme weight reduction process. :lol: I probably will put some stuff back in after I'm done racing it all summer, but most of it is staying out.

True, but they are somewhat tall though (from what I've seen). Us shorties (I'm 5'7 lol) have the weight advantage, which probably does make a difference in a Miata since the few pounds they have on me is probably 25% of that car's weight. :lol: I'm still in love with the Miata, sadly. I'm trying to save up and get a second car just for track days.

30 pounds for a small stereo is nothing, even in a Miata. :P. My last stereo setup, in total, was nearly 300 pounds. This will be very light in contrast. :lol:

30 pounds for a small stereo is nothing, even in a Miata. :P. My last stereo setup, in total, was nearly 300 pounds. This will be very light in contrast. :lol:

You'd probably have to redo the suspension if you were to drop a 300 pound system in the Miata. :lol:

You'd be surprised. It's not a Mustang. :lol:

I bet it'd have helped my traction issue. :lol: That problem is gone though, the brand new Nitto 555s are grippy as hell. 0-60 times are probably down to the 4s now.