Miata!

BluePanda

Shoes? It has brand new tires on lightweight aluminum wheels! :P

wink.gif Car looks mean with a hardtop and coilovers. BTW what you planning on using the car for? AutoX? Daily?

Mazda_-Miata_Polished_BBS_RS.jpg

namnlst2v.png

Edited by MJCRO

Boy I love when cars sit so low on the wheels part of it is covered. /sarcasm

Seriously though, I think Waco's Miata looks good how it is. Any lower and the car will bottom out on a speed bump, like the ones posted above. :lol: There was a guy on campus who had an '07 Civic that pretty much scrapped the ground it was so low. What's the point of that?

Boy I love when cars sit so low on the wheels part of it is covered. /sarcasm

Seriously though, I think Waco's Miata looks good how it is. Any lower and the car will bottom out on a speed bump, like the ones posted above. :lol: There was a guy on campus who had an '07 Civic that pretty much scrapped the ground it was so low. What's the point of that?

Completely agree. Not only do cars that sit so low the top part of the tire is covered look terrible imo, it cannot be practical? Any kind of speed bump or pot hole and your going to smash the bottom of the car into the road.

Does lowering it that much give any benefit? I mean can the front wheels even go to full lock anymore?

Completely agree. Not only do cars that sit so low the top part of the tire is covered look terrible imo, it cannot be practical? Any kind of speed bump or pot hole and your going to smash the bottom of the car into the road.

Does lowering it that much give any benefit? I mean can the front wheels even go to full lock anymore?

Less drag from air going under the car, and more stability, but that's about it. My car is very low as well. The tires rub on the fenders, which are rolled, if I give the wheel more than half a turn. The sidewall is a bit tall up front and the car is a bit too low for my liking. It's a 2.25 inch drop up front. The rear is 1.75 and I think that's ideal for my Mustang.

So you cant use full lock anymore without causing your tyres to rub?

Is that really worth it for the less drag? (Which in everyday driving, surely makes little difference.)

I don't see how that can be called "ideal". At best, that's a compromise. (between practicality and performance)

I can use full lock just fine, it just makes them rub a bit, not very much. I just avoid using full lock. As for the drag, I have no idea. I don't notice a difference. The car does sit a lot lower and feels more planted to the road, which is a nice feeling, as long as you don't mind the ride being harsh as heck. I don't mind it, but practically everyone complains about it, besides other mustang people and my girlfriend. Its rather impractical, as I do have to slow down a LOT for speed bumps, no matter how small, to avoid my back being destroyed from the jolt, and my car bottoming out and slamming my exhaust against the speed bump. It does look a lot better this low though.

I'm going to be swapping out the springs for a smaller drop and buying them with a kit that includes shocks, struts, sway bars, and bushings. Its not as low, but its low enough. Stock ride height is far too high imho.

Here are some pictures so you get an idea.

551835_3426045098431_644174573_n.jpg

2012-05-06191115.jpg

20120731_195507.jpg

2012-05-06191103.jpg

2012-05-06191039.jpg

Also, lol, totally thread-jacked this.

wink.gif Car looks mean with a hardtop and coilovers. BTW what you planning on using the car for? AutoX? Daily?

Mazda_-Miata_Polished_BBS_RS.jpg

namnlst2v.png

Those are both waaaaaaaaaay too low. :lol:

It'll be my uncomfortable daily driver. Going slightly lower to improve the roll center but not so much that it looks tarded or makes it impractical on the road.

The air box is back on as well...the open filter just pulled too much heat right off of the header and there isn't enough clearance to build a cold-air box with the shock tower brace installed. I'll fab something up to suck in cool air. :lol:

May as well keep it that way, I'm sure the stock airbox is a lot less restrictive than we think, especially on a stock motor.

Unless its particularly heavy I'd just leave it be until you can fab up an all aluminum setup.

Everything is looking good though.