Miata!

BluePanda

Midweek bump. Not much progress recently. The red for the stripes had some rough edges on it and I decided to lay down 1/4" pinstriping over the edges to keep them in good shape. Of course, I've never done pinstriping before, so I made a couple "oopses".

I didn't realize just how tenacious the glue on the pinstriping would be...so when I laid down the second stripe on the hood I thought nothing of it when I realized it was a bit misaligned...so I lifted the pinstripe back up...along with the edge of the damn racing strip. :pfp: So the passenger side stripe is slightly misaligned but it's hard to see (since it's only off by about 1/8").

post-8484-0-59548900-1338402033_thumb.jpg

Anyway - I like the way it looks. Next up on the list is repairing the holes I had to cut in the floor for the seat mounts. I'm open to suggestions on how to do it, right now I'm just planning on using some screening and filling the gap (they're only 3/8" holes at the maximum) with black caulk to seal the pan back up.

No fart can. :lol:

This is the muffler I ordered (assuming it shows up properly): http://www.ebay.com/itm/90-91-92-93-94-95-96-97-MIATA-AXELBACK-MUFFLER-EXHUAST-/300715333480?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AMiata&hash=item460407d768&vxp=mtr#ht_3183wt_1038

I still need to figure out the midpipe. I'm trying to find out if there is even one available that will fit my car and this muffler. I might just end up having a local shop make me a pipe.

No fart can. :lol:

This is the muffler I ordered (assuming it shows up properly): http://www.ebay.com/itm/90-91-92-93-94-95-96-97-MIATA-AXELBACK-MUFFLER-EXHUAST-/300715333480?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AMiata&hash=item460407d768&vxp=mtr#ht_3183wt_1038

I still need to figure out the midpipe. I'm trying to find out if there is even one available that will fit my car and this muffler. I might just end up having a local shop make me a pipe.

Why does it have a cat? :lol::teehee:

:lol: Getting the tires rebalanced. The guys said it looks like they just randomly stuck weights on before. The front tires were off by nearly half a pound! :pfp:

Yeah. The odd thing is the last time I was at the same place the same guy did the tires on the Cobalt and they came out PERFECTLY balanced even over 100 MPH.

Perhaps they thought they could get by without doing it properly? Oh well...at least it's fixed now. It's buttery smooth except for a bit of cowl shake at around 65 MPH which is somewhat common in all Miatas.

Airman - thanks! It's turning out to be a damn fun car to drive around. I've driven it with the top up once...to drive it home after buying it. :D