9/11 Remembrance

MJCRO

Living in and outside the city my whole life makes me really close to the idea that all of us Americans should be grateful for the privileges we have and how the fight on terror still goes on. Haven't been to ground zero in a few years, but I have 2 iron worker buddies working on the memorial and seeing how the 10th anniversary always brings us Americans together makes me to proud to have been born here. rolleyes.gif

R.I.P. to all those lost that day, may we never forget.

The 1 World Center Trade Tower as of 9/10 at night. Beautiful lightning to remember.

OneWTC.jpg

Edited by MJCRO

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow I cant believe its been 10 years . On that day I was at my best friends 6th Birthday party and my grandfather told me about what happened .

I never realised how huge the event was until I grew older . My condolences to the families of those who lost their lives .

the day before i was standing at the base look at it. very odd to come back the next year and see the huge hole in the ground. use to take the A train to 59th street...maybe it was 57th. been so long.

Let us never forget the people that passed that day, nor the brave souls who helped out. God bless the families that suffered.

I was a freshman in HS. 3rd period math class. There was an announcement over the PA for all staff to report to the auditorium at once. About 15 min later, the teacher came back in and his exact words were "Well students, America has been bombed". The whole school was brought to the auditorium. Our entire school (1500 or so people) watched live as the 2nd plane hit the twin towers on a massive 30ft projector screen. It was very disturbing. I've never heard such silence in such a mass of people.

Edited by sYstEmATiC

I was a freshman in HS. 3rd period math class. There was an announcement over the PA for all staff to report to the auditorium at once. About 15 min later, the teacher came back in and his exact words were "Well students, America has been bombed". The whole school was brought to the auditorium. Our entire school (1500 or so people) watched live as the 2nd plane hit the twin towers on a massive 30ft projector screen. It was very disturbing. I've never heard such silence in such a mass of people.

I was a freshman as well in 2nd hour Government and we had an office worker run into the class room and tell us to turn the TV on. He kept talking about how he lead a HS trip their the previous year and he stood on the observation deck of one of the towers. Third hour I had math, and our teacher had no clue and he refused to turn on the TV as we had a quiz to do... After the quiz he turned it on and was shocked at what he saw...

I remember running home that day, and telling my mother she had no clue what was going on as she didn't turn the TV on all day....

I had family at the Pentagon on that day, my Uncle who was a Army Chaplin was fortunately on the other side of the building when the plane hit there.

In 2007 I went to NYC and visited Ground Zero, I was amazed at how fast the construction to rebuild went. It was still a pretty big hole, but the subway station was open, and many businesses were getting on with their daily lives. Its amazing how despite huge of a tragic event it was, it shows that the American people can keep living their lives. It shows our resilience as a nation, and that you can attack us, terrorize us, but we will never give up.

Edited by greengiant912

I remember waking up to my dad flipping on my room lightst to tell me about it then right as I walk in the door at school to see the huge tvs as the second plane hit the towers. When they released the names of the terrorist my aunt worked with the guy that piloted the second plane into the second tower. And my cousins wifes uncle worked with another guy on the plane at a ups store in atlanta. They said they were pretty nice guys and never thought they would do this.

I remember waking up to my dad flipping on my room lightst to tell me about it then right as I walk in the door at school to see the huge tvs as the second plane hit the towers. When they released the names of the terrorist my aunt worked with the guy that piloted the second plane into the second tower. And my cousins wifes uncle worked with another guy on the plane at a ups store in atlanta. They said they were pretty nice guys and never thought they would do this.

WOW, that's crazy!