Ya Know What Really Grinds My Gears???

Rokkaholik

People who shake the baby. And Criminal Minds, Garcia especially.

And on that subject, how every computer in every TV show or movie is operated solely via keystrokes with nice loud sounds for every single thing that happens. Zooming in on a photo? Rapid blips. Typing? Beep beep beep. Presenting a list? Everything shows up one by one with a nice electronic sound. Need to enhance a picture to make a groundbreaking discovery? Tap enough keys and make enough sounds, and you magically go from a grainy black and white photo to a massively detailed image with seemingly magic properties. I'm sure the only reason Adobe holds back on this technology is that they know what most computer geeks will do with such technology. It's not safe for the masses.

Work too. Not the people I work for, but the ones I work with. Working with mentally challenged people is fun and rewarding, the amount of bs and drama that people have to cram into their minimum wage job or the amount of useless information they feel necessary to bring up in meetings is mind numbing. I'd like to know more about the changes in service that we're providing to certain individuals, not about how your son and the rest of the football team order over 80 cheeseburgers from McDonalds whenever they have an away game that they win, and how he's really the star of the football team, they just put him on the bench because if he were to be out on the field, it'd be an unfair advantage for the team, because he would totally destroy them all. And surprisingly, I don't really care about how much cooking and cleaning you have to do for when the inlaws come over when it's the end of my shift and I have to be across town in 5 minutes.

Now it's back to work, else I'll probably take over the thread with my whining. God do I feel better though.

how every computer in every TV show or movie is operated solely via keystrokes with nice loud sounds for every single thing that happens. Zooming in on a photo? Rapid blips. Typing? Beep beep beep. Presenting a list? Everything shows up one by one with a nice electronic sound. Need to enhance a picture to make a groundbreaking discovery? Tap enough keys and make enough sounds, and you magically go from a grainy black and white photo to a massively detailed image with seemingly magic properties. I'm sure the only reason Adobe holds back on this technology is that they know what most computer geeks will do with such technology. It's not safe for the masses.

+1

Especially when people watching with you start "explaining how its done"

You will be surprised with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaMdXjTn9rc

This actually made my day a little bit better. Thank you :).

Boinker, while on that subject, people who claim that they "Can't" drive a manual because they haven't put forth 15 minutes of effort to figure out the whole clutch-out/gas-in concept, and then those same people criticize you if your shifts aren't as smooth as liquid butter rolling down an angels chest hair. I once had to pull over, get out of the car, and offer to let my girlfriend drive before she would shut up about it. I had a long stay in the dog house after that one though :lol:.

+1

Especially when people watching with you start "explaining how its done"

LMAO.......no doubt. And since were on the "movie thing" .....When someone checks the cylinder of a revolver to see how many rounds are still live and they spin it and it makes a ratchet sound....with the locking lug disengaged, or cylinder out !!!

But what really gets me...and i just got done fixing this, one of my coworkers pcs was plugged into the wall with no surge protection and was on during a poweroutage."OH and it might have a virus". Well it took out the power supply, which i replaced and i couldnt find a "virus", but what i did find was tons of freeware optimizers, managers and registry protectors and 3 different kinds of virus protection....and the harddrive was full, full full with only 2gigs of free space. couldnt even defrag......sheesh

People who portray "Captain Obvious" while watching someone ELSE doing something all the while talking their thoughts out loud trying to look like THEY are the smart ones

I'm going to come back and read that again after I've had coffee. :P

When my supervisor's supervisor decides to mess around with my schedule a bit, then doesn't communicate with my supervisor who's responsible for finding people to fill in the gaps that her supervisor left, and I get stuck with the blame for it all because it all happened two hours before I had to be at work.

WYSISWYG Editors.

I am fixing a webpage written in Drupal.............. :angry: ................ 1200 lines of code in 40 lines. To fix anything i have to break it down properly so i can see what is going on. Spent 4 hours breaking pages down before i can even start fixing. :angry:

- being sick / having a cough. at this stage its still a dry cough but my lungs are killing me.

- internet download caps. Then exceeding said cap and being reduced to dialup speed. its incredibly painful.

- Stupid inconsistent ISPs. My ISP was bought out by a friend's ISP sometime last year. they continue to operate under separate companies but use the same infrastructure. His Steam Downloads dont count towards his monthly download cap. Mine do :glare: Guess who has 30 something recently purchased games on steam :glare: