Rokkaholik

Ya Know What Really Grinds My Gears???

- Home and Away - dont know if you get that show in the Northern Hemisphere, but by God its crap.

- My brother telling me his Pentium laptop is more beasty than my pc. He is 18, i am 16.

- People who tell me adding more ram to their computer will boost their internet speed. C'mon, how dumb can you possibly be?

- People touching my monitor. i like it how it is, you move it, ill take everything out of your room and put it on the side of the road.

- Indian call centers and telemarketers.

Edited by eisbar

The 2IC at my work again.

Today she dressed me down in the my boss' office in front of my boss over the way i did something by helping a new employee out, which for the record was the correct way to do it as had been taught to me by my boss therefore overriding her method. i bit my tongue the whole time and just kept saying "yes", "ok", "can i go now", and every time she stopped talking i tried to leave and she'd stop me from leaving and then keep going. i then spent from 5pm-7pm after working my 8hour day chatting with my boss about how we should deal with her. unfortunately my suggestion involved prison time for one of us so that was out of the question :lol: . He agreed and supported me in saying i was right, she was wrong, she shouldn't have dressed me down and handled it badly at that. not to mention he was surprised that i didn't snap at her when she was having a go at me. he told me he wanted to tell her while it was happening to "stop poking the bear" :lol:

People who refuse to take responsibility for their actions. Very nearly lost my job today because I showed up at work last night to relieve staff an hour earlier than what my schedule supposedly said. Where I work at, every consumer that we provide services to has a book in which we document progress notes in, and sign in/out times have to be exact and match our time cards. So, I made the mistake of saying "If you want, I can come back later, or you can just sign out at 11. It doesn't matter to me." She was friendly as could be, said "Nah, that's fine, I'm sick anyway." What did this turn into this morning? "He threatened and tried to intimidate me into falsifying documentation." Threatening staff is enough for termination. Falsifying documentation can land a person in jail. So I got to sit for a half hour getting screamed at by three different people before I got a chance to defend myself. Fortunately my supervisor stuck up for me when the thought of "Golly gee, that just doesn't quite sound like something he would do." Which is all that saved my butt. Yeah, I screwed up by saying I was ok with her signing out with the wrong time, but the way she blew it way out of proportion and painted me up as some intimidating butthole trying to get the company in trouble, it's downright insulting. I would have expected that . from a middle school student, not a 30 year old woman.

The only good thing is that a part of the disciplinary action taken against me is that I have to have all schedule changes approved and signed off of by my supervisor, which gives me another excuse to not pick up other people's hours.

I would have expected that sheite from a middle school student, not a 30 year old woman.

That's the thing, some people graduate past that maturity level and some people don't.

It's as if some people never actually realize that their hormonal imbalance fueled teenage years aren't the way a rational adult should act.

Some people never learn to shut it off, I won't be smug here and say that I never break down and get pissed off or overreact over stupid things *(we all do)* but some people are in that state of mind constantly.

You know this well but humans are ignorant...

:mellow:

You know this well but humans are ignorant...

:mellow:

No, I didn't know that. :glare: Thanks for nothing, now I'm going to have to reassess everything I thought I knew. :whoa:

No, I didn't know that. :glare: Thanks for nothing, now I'm going to have to reassess everything I thought I knew. :whoa:

I'd be happy to give you the cliff-notes to help you out with this; its actually pretty simple. All you have to do is have no faith in humanity. That way you will only ever be pleasantly surprised.

amazon new account and password, newegg new account and password, bestbuy new account and password, futureshop new account and password, credit card password, telephone banking password, debit card password.....ouch!

amazon new account and password, newegg new account and password, bestbuy new account and password, futureshop new account and password, credit card password, telephone banking password, debit card password.....ouch!

Well then don't use the same account name, password and email address for all of your online things.

:P

Oh wait...

:teehee:

its actually pretty simple. All you have to do is have no faith in humanity. That way you will only ever be pleasantly surprised.

New philosophy to live by, here i come

Ontopic:

- Asthma. i havent had the stuff since i was like 8 years old (i'm 21 now). now out of nowhere the last week i've been coughing up a lung. been on ventalin and now on sigmacourt. going to go see the doctor tomorrow. really sucks that its come out of nowhere. i was just looking at signing up to play grid iron in the state league over here.

I really dislike snow.

snows fine. having to clear snow sucks, and driving on a highway that hasn't been cleared yet (or has been poorly cleared) sucks even more. (Literaly, the snow sucked me into the median while I was passing a semi)

Mechanics who insist they know more about computers than I do, and promptly screw everything up. (I'm referring to a SPECIFIC person who happens to be a mechanic).

Same person believes that having more than 4GB of RAM on a machine that dual-boots 7/XP will screw up the XP boot.

People who compare me to other people that I DESPISE. For example, my mother compared me to her friend's husband, who is a drunk, drug addicted diabetic who beats his wife when he is at low sugar levels. Because I don't eat "Healthy food" (I said no to chicken noodle soup)