Ya Know What Really Grinds My Gears???

Rokkaholik

profit maximising, BS pedaling, petrol companies. :angry:

backstory: over here petrol (gas to you americans) for as long as i can remember has had a distinct weekly cycle where at a certain point of the week it would be cheaper before going up in price later in the week before droping to a cheaper price at the begining of the following week. for years and years the "cheap days" were mondays and tuesdays and fri-sun the expensive days. which you could justify as supply and demand as people demand more petrol when they go out on weekends with families etc. anyway, recently (last 6-12 months) the "cheap days" have been getting later in the week so now it was cheaper to buy on thurs / fridays. again can be justified as shifting of demand preferences, whatever

however, and this is where it grinds my gears. out of no-where the "cheap day" has moved. last week thurs / fri was cheap. yesterday it was $1.11 per Litre near my place. i wasn't complaining because lately petrol was around the $1.20 mark. however i didn't fill up because i had 1/3 of a tank and figured it would still be cheap today and i would get it on my way home from uni. as im driving home from uni today petrol is at an average of $1.28 per Litre. You tell me how petrol can jump $0.17 or 15% in one night? especially when exchange rates have gone up (better for us australians) and all market predictions were that petrol was going to get cheaper in the coming weeks. You tell me how thurdays suddenly break the trend and are now the expensive days again? This weekend isnt different to any other weekend either, so its not like its a long weekend or a public holiday. !@#%^&* petrol companies :angry:

I know you're all thinking $0.17 per L is nothing. but its the principle. not to mention it adds up. if a million litres got sold today thats $170,000 additional revenue they've plucked outta no-where.

What really grinds my gears is when somebody complains how poor they are and how much debt they are in but when they get that tax refund or a work bonus they go to walmart and spend every penny on things they don't even need and then at the end of the month are complaining about not being able to pay their bills again. :angry:

What I don't like is people complaining about being broke and they waste money on things like cigarettes or bottled water.

profit maximising, BS pedaling, petrol companies. :angry:

backstory: over here petrol (gas to you americans) for as long as i can remember has had a distinct weekly cycle where at a certain point of the week it would be cheaper before going up in price later in the week before droping to a cheaper price at the begining of the following week. for years and years the "cheap days" were mondays and tuesdays and fri-sun the expensive days. which you could justify as supply and demand as people demand more petrol when they go out on weekends with families etc. anyway, recently (last 6-12 months) the "cheap days" have been getting later in the week so now it was cheaper to buy on thurs / fridays. again can be justified as shifting of demand preferences, whatever

however, and this is where it grinds my gears. out of no-where the "cheap day" has moved. last week thurs / fri was cheap. yesterday it was $1.11 per Litre near my place. i wasn't complaining because lately petrol was around the $1.20 mark. however i didn't fill up because i had 1/3 of a tank and figured it would still be cheap today and i would get it on my way home from uni. as im driving home from uni today petrol is at an average of $1.28 per Litre. You tell me how petrol can jump $0.17 or 15% in one night? especially when exchange rates have gone up (better for us australians) and all market predictions were that petrol was going to get cheaper in the coming weeks. You tell me how thurdays suddenly break the trend and are now the expensive days again? This weekend isnt different to any other weekend either, so its not like its a long weekend or a public holiday. !@#%^&* petrol companies :angry:

I know you're all thinking $0.17 per L is nothing. but its the principle. not to mention it adds up. if a million litres got sold today thats $170,000 additional revenue they've plucked outta no-where.

:withstupid: totally hate when that happens, I welcome filling up my car and motorcycle at home (aka electric). I hate petrol

• 2 weeks later...

Something that really grinds my gears-

I'd guess that about 80% of the time, the coffee pot here at my office is empty. Not because people dont drink coffee, but because people dont put a new pot on when they finish up the previous one. THE COFFEE MAKER IS HOOKED UP TO THE PLUMBING SO ALL THEY HAVE TO DO IS PUT THE POT UNDER AND PRESS START. But no. Too hard apparently. So whoever comes in after them is just SOL and has to wait for a new pot to brew up. I just now unwillingly re-enacted the opening scene to the very first Terry Tate commercial- as I was walking into the coffee room, a co-worker was walking out with a full cup of coffee. That was also the last cup, because when I got to the pot, it was empty.

What I would give for an office linebacker right now!!

WHEN YOU KILL DA' JOE, YOU MAKE SOME MO'! ELSE YOU IN FOR A LONG DAY!!! A LONNNGGGGGG DAY!! CUZ E-BA-RONE'S UP IN THIS *******************!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What Grinds my Gears:

- Bike thiefs, im installing a GPS (whatever you call it) tracking device inside mine, i sure wish i could hook it up to a 10,000 volt stunner or something too, so that when the alarm goes off it Tazers the bastards who try and touch whats not theirs! :angry:

- When the mail doesn't come on time or fails to even arrive for a few days

- Shipping something from abroad, I buy parts for computer and Bike builds amongst other stuff, and there is some stuff which isn't available in this country so i have to ship over from America or something. I fail to see how they can charge over 100 USD or something for a 2 week delivery but charge 20 USD for 6-10 weeks.. 10 WEEKS! where and what the hell!

To add more insult, they think they can tax you on everything these days! I should get one of those Fake Turds shipped over, and when FedEx try and tax me ill just throw it in their face and say, Keep it!

Edited by SenitaL

• 2 months later...

great thread,

on the whole traffic thing, when i was a marine corps recruit, me some recruiters, and some other seargents and desk job soldiers, went to go paintballing, and we found traffic on the way back, on an 8 lane highway, so in the car (government cars) i was in we blocked our lane and got a few other of our group to block the lanes and people were getting so mad, we wernt stopped just rooling slow enough we didnt have to and people started passing on the shoulder so i got blocked to, ahh, government organization at its best!

but what grinds my gears i people that complain about never having gas, my sister does this but she drives a 95 3/4 suburban, with 4 wheel drive that doesnt have unlockable hubs, and it has a big block 454. sure it has a 65 gallon tank but it doesnt last that long when you get 8 or 9 mpg

What really grinds my gears is when people ask you for advise and still decide to go against it. Like today a friend of mine asks me for advice over whether to get a Nokia N8 or a Blackberry Torch. I told him get the N8 for a wide variety of reasons, the simplest one being it's overall the better phone. Three hours later he tells me he's ordered the Torch and I'm like post-72547-12918522607911_thumb.png So then I say good luck hating your phone for the next 24months :D

People who watch medical shows and think that they know more than their doctor/nurse/et cetera. My personal favorite is air bubbles in injections. A tiny air bubble in an IV line isn't going to give you a pulmonary embolism or a stroke, I can give you a line full of air and you'll be fine. Right up there is people thinking that defibrillators are automatic life savers. Ran a code once where a guy was in PEA (Pulseless Electrical Activity), which can not be shocked, and family was standing there "SHOCK HIM! BRING HIM BACK!" Right up there with seeing people go into asystole on TV shows, and doctors magically shock them back to life after a couple dramatic attempts. Defibrillators do just that: stop fibrillation, aka ventricular fibrillation, aka not a flat line.

People who are too damn busy talking on their cell phones to move over for our ambulance when the lights and sirens are going. One of our EMTs is also a Deputy Sheriff though, every time he'll call their license plate into the sheriff's department and they get a ticket later on for failure to yield to an emergency vehicle.

People who think that if you wear a uniform, you have a super-expansive knowledge of everything in the military. No, I don't know what your SEAL brother-in-law is doing in Afghanistan or why he told you to watch the news (true story at burger king), no I don't know your friend who's on Active Duty or in the National Guard. I'll leave off of this one with a quote from the sign lady at a road construction site on my way to drill: "My brother was a Special Delta Force Ranger Sniper in Vietnam."

Doctors at the hospital I work at who get paid 5x what our nurses make, but the most they do is order some x-rays and medicine, and send the results of those x-rays to a radiology firm for interpretation, while our nurses handle everything else related to patient care and documentation.

And finally, all Paramedics are EMTs. Not all EMTs are Paramedics. There's a difference.

Wow I feel a whole lot better now.

People who are too damn busy talking on their cell phones to move over for our ambulance when the lights and sirens are going. One of our EMTs is also a Deputy Sheriff though, every time he'll call their license plate into the sheriff's department and they get a ticket later on for failure to yield to an emergency vehicle.

Good.

I hate douches that don't pull over.

Even more so I hate when I pull over near the shoulder and slow down a bit while other people barely pull over at all and then just blast by me.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU!

People who talk on the phone very loudly and will stay near you when your doing something. Example. I watch TV. Mom picks up phone. Stays in the living room or in the office with the doors OPEN so I can hear the entire convo. I go over and try to close the doors, get yelled at and told to keep the doors open. Sweet, get to watch TV and listen to your conversation that doesn't interest me! -.-

People who talk on the phone very loudly and will stay near you when your doing something. Example. I watch TV. Mom picks up phone. Stays in the living room or in the office with the doors OPEN so I can hear the entire convo. I go over and try to close the doors, get yelled at and told to keep the doors open. Sweet, get to watch TV and listen to your conversation that doesn't interest me! -.-

My wife does this to me, while I'm driving even.

Makes me want to choke her.

As for what grinds my gears: People who cheat in games when others play legitimately.

Today I was playing a NFS game and some dudes used some extra lap cheat to win the race, nobody passed me but I came in 4th even though I had a 2 minute lead.