Rokkaholik

Ya Know What Really Grinds My Gears???

You know what really grinds my gears?

Forgetting my OCC password for 3 years!

But really, it's people who do not drive a vehicle with a standard transmission. It is really annoying being on a slight incline and having to ride my clutch a little just because some jerk is sitting right on my rear bumper. All standard cars drift back a little on an incline, it doesn't matter how good of a driver you are, it's just gravity. Along those same lines, when I am driving my toy car, I do not appreciate people tailgating me or cutting me off. It's a 93 del Sol and it is tiny. It has two seats, pedals, shifter, wheel and not much else in it, so for Suzy SoccerMom to nearly run me over on the freeway is enough to justify my endless rage.

I suppose you could sum this up as careless drivers in general, but that wouldn't have made for a fun post.

It is really annoying being on a slight incline and having to ride my clutch a little just because some jerk is sitting right on my rear bumper.

handbreak start? :mellow:

You know what really grinds my gears?

But really, it's people who do not drive a vehicle with a standard transmission. It is really annoying being on a slight incline and having to ride my clutch a little just because some jerk is sitting right on my rear bumper. All standard cars drift back a little on an incline, it doesn't matter how good of a driver you are, it's just gravity. Along those same lines, when I am driving my toy car, I do not appreciate people tailgating me or cutting me off. It's a 93 del Sol and it is tiny. It has two seats, pedals, shifter, wheel and not much else in it, so for Suzy SoccerMom to nearly run me over on the freeway is enough to justify my endless rage.

yes it sucks when people do that to you on a hill but you can start a standard on a hill without rolling back. Put your right heal on the break and run the throttle with your toes. It's not easy but it does work. And if you are on an icy hill that little roll back will cause you to slip and you will end up sliding down the hill so it should be avoided.

I always let the clutch out until it hits the friction point and my RPM drops a couple hundred, then release the brake and immediately start applying gas. Heel-toeing it would be a lot easier though.

Parents who are so incompetent that they shouldn't legally be allowed to have kids. Couple nights ago I was driving to my girlfriends house, when some 8 and 9 year old kids thought it would be hilarious to jump out of a snowbank infront of me (I saw them peeking over it and waiting for me, else I would write it off as kids not paying attention). I go knock on their parents door to let them know, and "WHO ARE YOU TO TELL ME HOW TO TAKE CARE OF MY KIDS!? YOU NEED TO WATCH WHERE YOU'RE DRIVING!" The happy ending came when I called the police to notify them of the child endangerment, and it happened to be a cop with kids of her own. The look on her face when she pulled up to the house (was a couple doors down from my gf's place) was one of pure rage.

And one that can be real irritating at times, people with aquariums who don't bother learning the basics or listening to advice. I always cringe when I hear "Yeah, I got a tank for Christmas/birthday/whatever, I filled it up with water and put in fish, then the water got cloudy and they died. It's a waste of time." Try to give them some advice about the nitrogen cycle in a tank and proper care of their fish, and they just ignore me, because "My mom/dad/brother/aunt/uncle had a tank where they did the same thing and they were fine." Nearly every tank I've seen that hasn't been cycled properly has been full of sick and injured fish with ammonia burn, ick, and fungal infections. It's just straight up painful when they try doing that with saltwater fish, and lose several hundred dollars of livestock.

Its not all the parents fault KB. I agree that a lot of it is, but I think the kids are getting more and more stupid these days. Honestly, I still never understood how people find High School to be difficult. My favorite is still the kid who wants to become a nerve doctor(Or something along those lines, he saw that it pays $800K and up) yet he takes GP classes, uhm lol fail :mfp:

Its not all the parents fault KB. I agree that a lot of it is, but I think the kids are getting more and more stupid these days. Honestly, I still never understood how people find High School to be difficult. My favorite is still the kid who wants to become a nerve doctor(Or something along those lines, he saw that it pays $800K and up) yet he takes GP classes, uhm lol fail :mfp:

I had a gym teacher that was talking about his job. His last line was "$75k to hang out with kids and show them what sports can help them get fit, and I get summers off? Sweet gig!"

Kid next to me says "Meh, $75k isn't enough for me. Looking for $400k minimum."

My response "Didn't you get a 46% on your Algebra midterm?"

I love people like that.

My most hated issue is that I am in a fairly well known Community College (Hudson Valley Community College-- the one that Obama gave his speech at), and it's had a large increase in high quality students (Smart people, low amounts of money). Well, apparently, those "High quality" students aren't any more intelligent than the average Community College student, because I still feel like I'm talking to retards when I open my mouth. I had someone tell me that my computer can't be running at 3.6 GHz if it's a Core 2 Duo because the highest Core 2 Duo wasn't at 3.6. When i told him I had overclocked it and was using liquid cooling, he was dumbfounded and asked me what overclocking was. :pfp:

Being around someone reading a newspaper, snapping it every time they turn a page. It's reALLY RUDE AND ANNOYING AND IT MAKES ME JUST WANT TO...TO...REACH FOR MY... MEdication and take deep breaths while I wait for it to kick in.

Ah, that's better, yes.

handbreak start? :mellow:

Exactly my sentiments... down here when I went for my driving test if you roll at all on a hill start... you fail! :nono:

Amen. I still don't understand how people are so excited/amazed by that POS show.

Someone posted a drinking game for Jersey Shore on facebook. I've seen it played twice. By the first commercial, 1/2 of the people were tanked. By the second commercial, they were ALL drunk.

My most hated issue is that I am in a fairly well known Community College (Hudson Valley Community College-- the one that Obama gave his speech at), and it's had a large increase in high quality students (Smart people, low amounts of money). Well, apparently, those "High quality" students aren't any more intelligent than the average Community College student, because I still feel like I'm talking to retards when I open my mouth. I had someone tell me that my computer can't be running at 3.6 GHz if it's a Core 2 Duo because the highest Core 2 Duo wasn't at 3.6. When i told him I had overclocked it and was using liquid cooling, he was dumbfounded and asked me what overclocking was. :pfp:

not everybody is into computers?rolleyes.gif

Edited by Dan The Gamer