Ya Know What Really Grinds My Gears???

Rokkaholik

You know what really grinds my gears?

When the stream of the UA/Memphis game is laggy. I'm trying to slack off at work here, cut me a break!

I know exactly how you feel. Sometimes I try to slack off in school, but the touchpad on my laptop is so annoying I usually just get frustrated and go back to work.

My boss. He's a great boss, but he can be really unhelpful at times. this morning at about 11ish he tells me he's gotta go drop his 1912 caddy off at his mechanic and that he should only be gone an hour. i got no problems with that, we're normally pretty quiet and i can run the place on my own easy. I jokingly said ok i'll see you at 4 because his 1hr often blows out. i take my lunchbreak at 2:30pm and i drive home to let my sister in the house as she'd gone to uni forgotten to take her house key :pfp: . anyway so i get back from lunch at 3pm and my boss pulls up just as im getting out of my car.

for the final 2 hours of the work day he's closed his office door and doesn't come out to help serve customers or anything. So not only was he getting paid for running personal errands for half the workday, but it cuts productivity in half when he's not doing anything (there's only me and him working at the store). so i have to do put what i was doing onhold to server customers which he could have handled. What i was working on needed to be done before stock take tomorrow and so i was still going at 5:45pm after we closed at 5pm before he realised i was still there and he told me to go home. Still didn't get it finished and now have to start at 8:30 tomorrow. Which sucks as I overslept till 8:30 this morning :P

/rant

EDIT: grammar

Edited by bilcliff

where do you work?

school book store. Its a job not a career :lol: . I'm guaranteed work till friday but beyond then is very doubtful. Pre-emptive: we have a different school calendar to the USA.

I love how yesterday i'm cursing my boss and then today i'm praising my boss :lol: . We finished stocktake at 4pm so he let me leave at 4pm and get paid till 5pm :woo:

To me, it doesn't matter if you've been preparing/studying/training for years, when push comes to shove and you can't perform, you're useless.

In my work field, companies have nearly gone under before I started getting them back on track. I've only got a high school diploma. These guys in the companies all have at least a Bachelor's, some a Masters or even a Doctorate.

Our top student in AIT, the guy who scored the highest on every test and passed all the technical skills tests on the first try, completely locked up when he actually had to apply all of the skills quickly and efficiently. He nearly failed the course. My mechanic never went to college to get his ASE or anything like that, but he works faster and better than any other mechanic I've seen.

And today, people who refuse to listen to any ideas other than their own. My mother went out and bought about $30 worth of fish for the fish tank I got her, after I kept trying to tell her that she needed to test the water first to make sure it had cycled. She said "It's been running long enough, it's fine." Within 24 hours, all the fish were dead. Tested her water, nitrite was nearly 5 ppm, enough to kill almost any fish.

Also, people who are too damn lazy to properly PMCS their vehicles in the Army. Before we take a vehicle out, we're supposed to check it over thoroughly. Fluids, tires, air filter, lights, everything. The idea of this is to find small problems early and fix them before they become big problems. We drove up to Ft. McCoy in our company's military vehicles. The PLS driver didn't bother doing a PMCS. The PLS was low on transmission fluid. It burned up what it had and completely destroyed the transmission. The mechanics were thrilled.

And I also have a future medic drilling with us that I'm in charge of. She's the only female in our company. The amount of drama can not be explained in words.

Our top student in AIT, the guy who scored the highest on every test and passed all the technical skills tests on the first try, completely locked up when he actually had to apply all of the skills quickly and efficiently. He nearly failed the course. My mechanic never went to college to get his ASE or anything like that, but he works faster and better than any other mechanic I've seen.

And today, people who refuse to listen to any ideas other than their own. My mother went out and bought about $30 worth of fish for the fish tank I got her, after I kept trying to tell her that she needed to test the water first to make sure it had cycled. She said "It's been running long enough, it's fine." Within 24 hours, all the fish were dead. Tested her water, nitrite was nearly 5 ppm, enough to kill almost any fish.

+1 People who do great at tests are usually spending their time preparing for getting high scores on the tests, and not learning how to apply what they actually learn to do what those tests are supposedly designed for them to do.

It's one thing to be ignorant of procedure (regarding the fish story), but it's also another for actually listening to other people. I'm not sure if it's the whole, "Oh, you think you're so smart?" kind of thing and people not doing it because they don't want to feel inferior or something, but people seem to just refuse to do anything I suggest them to do. I'll listen no matter what, and won't give my opinions unless it seems logically flawed, or it has anything to do with what I do for a living, or computers, sports, fighting, and strategy - which I'll offer my own slightly better alternatives. Those "better" suggestions don't get listened to, and what usually happens is their idea doesn't work. It's why I prefer to do everything myself. Unfortunately I'm no Ender, but more like Bean when it comes down to it.

For example, my brother had issues with his laptop, and decided to upgrade my 7 years old desktop with a graphics card, even though he knows I know a lot about computers. So without telling me, he goes and buys a $80 POS and overpriced graphics card at Best Buy of all places just to play StarCraft 2. I think it was a HD 4650. :pfp:

It's why I built him a computer which I'll give him when I visit pretty soon.

Anyways, there's plenty of other examples I don't want to get into right now, but the gist of it is, I'll say it will fail but listen anyway, and it fails. I say let's try a different approach, and they say no, and that's that, so we keep failing. :pfp: