Rokkaholik

Ya Know What Really Grinds My Gears???

What really grinds my gears the most? Overprotective parents. :pfp:

Yea I see that at work a lot. We have guys out there that don't even know how to start a lawnmower but they have a Masters Degree.

They think they are smart, and they are in a very narrow sense of there schooling.

Exactly, it just doesn't make any sense.

They put down the people that they rely on the most, if the people with physical jobs (which I'm not implying that some people with degrees don't legitimately work hard or for that matter that all people who 'work' for a living put 100% of their effort into it at all times) just quit one day society would not be able to function. I can't say it'd matter in the long run if the opposite were to happen.

I can't say it'd matter in the long run if the opposite were to happen.

So, for example, what do you plan on doing when you need to get your appendix removed?

Exactly, it just doesn't make any sense.

They put down the people that they rely on the most, if the people with physical jobs (which I'm not implying that some people with degrees don't legitimately work hard or for that matter that all people who 'work' for a living put 100% of their effort into it at all times) just quit one day society would not be able to function. I can't say it'd matter in the long run if the opposite were to happen.

I agree, all the scientist and people who rely on their brains for work could drop dead and while society would devolve we would still be able to function well.

To me, it doesn't matter if you've been preparing/studying/training for years, when push comes to shove and you can't perform, you're useless.

In my work field, companies have nearly gone under before I started getting them back on track. I've only got a high school diploma. These guys in the companies all have at least a Bachelor's, some a Masters or even a Doctorate.

So, for example, what do you plan on doing when you need to get your appendix removed?

I agree, all the scientist and people who rely on their brains for work could drop dead and while society would devolve we would still be able to function well.

:lol:

:dunno:

I'm reasonably sure that Davidst and me were inherently excluding medical degrees, that is far different than just 'having a degree and thinking you're better than people who don't.

I'm a huge fan of science, so I wouldn't EVER imply that they do nothing for society BUT if society collapsed a lot of their skill sets wouldn't be immediately helpful to its reconstruction.

Walk it off.

Walk it off.
Or if you yourself ARE a doctor then you could just do it yourself:

LINK

Or if you yourself ARE a doctor then you could just do it yourself:

LINK

Holy... That guy had major color_sponge_rubber_balls.jpg. Propz to him.