Who Here Believes In God?

Dynamic

The one thing that always grinds me is: The reason you get killers etc is because of free will. Fine I get that part. Yet then when someone too young or nice gets killed in an accident, the same people who said free will now say "It was his/her time to go", or "God has other plans for them", thats BS. If there is free will, then there cannot also be a pre-determined point when we must die.

Lastly, "God Works in Mysterious Ways", what, like Natural Disasters? When has there ever been something positive akin to a natural disaster? IE. 20,000 people suddenly no longer suffering of cancer? It seems gods "mysterious" ways are ALWAYS negative.

People will give god credit for "good luck", but that's bs.

"You know what really grinds my gears" (lol) is when people thank God for winning a sporting event or a music/movie award. Even if there is a God do people really think He gives a rats ass about whether someone wins a basketball game, etc if so does that mean He hates the one that lost?

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"You know what really grinds my gears" (lol) is when people thank God for winning a sporting event or a music/movie award. Even if there is a God do people really think He gives a rats ass about whether someone wins a basketball game, etc if so does that mean He hates the one that lost?

well if thats true then I hope he hates the philadelphia flyers for one more game

I do

Like said before by a few people I've always believed that God is not there to solve everyone's problems for them and if he did it would change how we lived in life and maybe make things worse then they are know.

The more I learn about the universe the more I am convinced that there must be something out there that started it all or controls it all.

I beleive pretty much the same, I think who ever it is just brought there sickly bottom of the gene pool beings and dropped them off on earth...

"You know what really grinds my gears" (lol) is when people thank God for winning a sporting event or a music/movie award. Even if there is a God do people really think He gives a rats butt about whether someone wins a basketball game, etc if so does that mean He hates the one that lost?

More importantly it really REALLY irks me when people "thank the lord" that their surgery went well (or some other medical thing) instead of thanking the people who did the procedure.

Don't thank the people who have spent a large percentage of their life studying, working their arses off and practicing enough to become a doctor with enough required skill to complete your procedure.

They don't deserve praise...

nope... they didn't do it... it was god...

:pfp:

I was raised Catholic and went to Catholic school for 12 years. I was married in a Catholic church(against my will). I have seen nothing in my life that would indicate a god existing. People lay that free will and god works in mysterious ways bullcrap on me and it makes me want to puke. I can't imagine there being this all powerful being leaving us to be miserable on this world with muder, famine, pollution, baby killers, child molesters, animal abusers, corrupt politicians, natural disasters and just flat out everyday pricks.

honestly, and i know this is a kindof shallow way to put it, but if Earth was perfect it would be heaven, and then you can't forget threw the bible there is an evil entity who God probably can't stop from .ing with .

The one thing that always grinds me is: The reason you get killers etc is because of free will. Fine I get that part. Yet then when someone too young or nice gets killed in an accident, the same people who said free will now say "It was his/her time to go", or "God has other plans for them", thats BS. If there is free will, then there cannot also be a pre-determined point when we must die.

they went to heaven quicker

Don't thank the people who have spent a large percentage of their life studying, working their arses off and practicing enough to become a doctor with enough required skill to complete your procedure.

They don't deserve praise...

nope... they didn't do it... it was god...

not much to say to that, aside from thanking God that people are so awesome to get years of studying so that they might help people like the ones that are dieing, it is however a little bit....enh

regardless, i think christians should keep in mind that it's possible there isn't a God

and atheists that it's possible there is a God

I believe in God. Why? Will some people look at the universe and say "it's so huge and complex there can't be a God" but i say "it's so huge and complex there has to be a God".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgJmsK2s0uI

1:10^40,000....sounds like that could happen at any time to me. just because it's a small number doesn't mean it can't happen at all

I believe in God and JesusChrist, and I don't feel it is necessary for me to justify my reasons. It's what I believe. People will say God leaves everything to free will, which I believe. Even if someone kills another person, and some other Christians claim it's because "it's there time," which I don't believe. Stuff happens in this world that is not in our control (I don't mean God has a hand in this), like when a drunk driver kills a family in a crash. They're dead because of what happened, not because it was there time to die.

not to start a debate....

but the real question is...

how can you believe in something thats been the biggest killer of man kind since the beginning of time...?

there are more deaths over Christianity that all other fates combined...

especially when jesus himself was against murder according to the Bible....but people are murdered for it...

so that makes it like Politics...? its okay if you do it as long as you belong...?