Who Here Believes In God?

Dynamic

Your argument operates on the assumption that we have a grand(some might say God-like) knowledge of the workings of the universe and thus have the insight to clearly state that we are incapable of creating/destroying matter. The fact of the matter(:lol:) is that we don't know if we can actually create or destroy matter. As it stands we simply have not yet made the connections that would allow us to to do that. As time goes on and our understanding grows and changes, we will gain new skills and abilities that will rival and eventually surpass that of "God" himself.

To say that science is the biggest supporter of the idea of God is absolutely foolish. Look at the contradictions between science and the Bible. Too lazy? I'll start you off. The age of the Earth. Young Earth Creationists estimate the age of the Earth to be between 5,700 and 10,000 years old. They believe that man and dinosaurs walked the Earth at the same time and that we, by the grace of God, survived when they died. What does science have to say? Carbon dating and geology are the most down-to-earth counters but hell, look into space and you'll find tons more.

Science does not operate on blind faith in a higher power. It analyzes, synthesizes and disseminates the knowledge that we have acquired throughout the ages.

To add to the topic: No, I don't believe in God.

so you agree with what i said after beating around the bush and the assume that we will in time have God like powers? "Science does not operate on blind faith in a higher power." <------ did you not just say this? yet by blind faith you assume in time we will have God like powers? hmmm alrighty then....

im not interested in what that group of people think and yes science supports Gods existence please lets not get on the topic of carbon dating as it is flawed...... ever seen someone take a chicken bone fresh and have it carbon dated? i have the first one said it was around 600 years old and the second opinion said it was around 200..... see something with your own eyes and dont depend on what they tell you on the science channel.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

except that.....................wait for it............................................wait for it...................................PUNCH: god doesn't exist.

humans are simply too stupid to comprehend certain things(which I guess is why we invented our imaginary friend called god). Nothing and nobody is keeping anything from us except our own simplistic mind. Maybe if the human race simply didn't suck so badly at being intelligent, we'd know a bit more and we wouldn't having debates about bullcrap.

Before there was science and intelligent stuff to make people like me stomp on all that is religion and fairy tales, people couldn't explain anything, but their primitive thirst for knowledge blindly led them to make up explanations that would be easy to understand by the even most retarded so that they wouldn't be afraid of the unknown as at the time "Unknown" was in no short supply.

+1 +1 +1 +1

too bad you'll never get any.

religious conversations are all a bunch of spam.

closest to god you'll ever get is with acid. ...yea it is better than pics. doesn't make him real though. sry.

and if none ask then they dont. maybe you should try asking.

You posted 4 times in a row, thats spam.

:P

I think pics are much better than posting quotes from a book that only the illogical will follow.

Posting quotes from a fictional book is not proof.

It is the same as me saying I am a flying spaghetti monster or my brain is powered by a AMD Phenom2.

so if im replying to people's specific posts with questions in them, thats spam? should i wait till someone else posts then come back and respond to a post then that i could have done earlier?

and if none ask then they dont. maybe you should try asking.

Tell me this, why wont god do the following if he is so powerful.

Why won’t god heal amputees? There are cases where people claim to have been healed by miracles. One can’t help but to notice that these are in almost every case things that might just have got better anyway.

Why are there so many starving people in our world? If you propound that God listens to you and answers your prayers, how can you believe that he answered your prayers for a raise and yet allows millions to die from starvation and disease?

Why does God demand the death of so many innocent people in the bible? There are probably more than you realize – the demands listed in the post (to kill anyone who works on the sabbath day, homosexuals, girls that are not virgins when they marry etc.) just scratch the surface. And ‘the bible corrects itself elsewhere’ isn’t a defence; how can you full heartedly trust something that contradicts itself?

Why does the bible contain so much anti-scientific nonsense? Such as the idea that the universe is only a couple of thousand years old, that Jonah lived inside a whale for 3 days etc.

Why is God such a huge proponent of slavery in the bible? The post includes examples of how ’slaves should obey their masters as they would obey Christ’, amongst others. Personally I would substitute this one for something else. Perhaps ‘why is God so jealous and unforgiving in the old testament?’

Why didn’t any of Jesus’ miracles in the bible leave behind any evidence? It’s quite strange. All we really have is a book compiled 200 years after his death, written mostly by people who never met him.

How do we explain the fact that Jesus has never appeared to you? If he’s all-powerful and timeless, why wait for a second-coming?

Why would Jesus want you to eat his body and drink his blood? If you actually consider this for a second, it sounds more Satanic than Christian. And no, if you are Catholic as opposed to a derivative such as an Anglican, you believe that you are really consuming Jesus’ flesh and blood.

Why do Christians get divorced at the same rate as non-Christians? “What God has put together, let no man put asunder”. But it happens regardless.

Source:http://www.orangeacid.net

so if im replying to people's specific posts with questions in them, thats spam? should i wait till someone else posts then come back and respond to a post then that i could have done earlier?

You can edit posts to include more, its on the bottom right of every post you make. :teehee:

Tell me this, why wont god do the following if he is so powerful.

Why won’t god heal amputees? There are cases where people claim to have been healed by miracles. One can’t help but to notice that these are in almost every case things that might just have got better anyway.

Why are there so many starving people in our world? If you propound that God listens to you and answers your prayers, how can you believe that he answered your prayers for a raise and yet allows millions to die from starvation and disease?

Why does God demand the death of so many innocent people in the bible? There are probably more than you realize – the demands listed in the post (to kill anyone who works on the sabbath day, homosexuals, girls that are not virgins when they marry etc.) just scratch the surface. And ‘the bible corrects itself elsewhere’ isn’t a defence; how can you full heartedly trust something that contradicts itself?

Why does the bible contain so much anti-scientific nonsense? Such as the idea that the universe is only a couple of thousand years old, that Jonah lived inside a whale for 3 days etc.

Why is God such a huge proponent of slavery in the bible? The post includes examples of how ’slaves should obey their masters as they would obey Christ’, amongst others. Personally I would substitute this one for something else. Perhaps ‘why is God so jealous and unforgiving in the old testament?’

Why do bad things happen to good people? Such as their deaths in painful ways. If they are going to meet God anyway, why deprive them of their lives?

Why didn’t any of Jesus’ miracles in the bible leave behind any evidence? It’s quite strange. All we really have is a book compiled 200 years after his death, written mostly by people who never met him.

How do we explain the fact that Jesus has never appeared to you? If he’s all-powerful and timeless, why wait for a second-coming?

Why would Jesus want you to eat his body and drink his blood? If you actually consider this for a second, it sounds more Satanic than Christian. And no, if you are Catholic as opposed to a derivative such as an Anglican, you believe that you are really consuming Jesus’ flesh and blood.

Why do Christians get divorced at the same rate as non-Christians? “What God has put together, let no man put asunder”. But it happens regardless.

Source:http://www.orangeacid.net

You can edit posts to include more, its on the bottom right of every post you make. :teehee:

friend you are almost asking the right question in one of the questions you ask...."Why does the bible contain so much anti-scientific nonsense?" <---- this one in the bible God specifically put a few thing in there that we would only be able to discover with science. all of the other questions you ask are easily able to be made sense of but first you have to want to honestly understand the question before judging the question and then have the answer told to you.

friend you are almost asking the right question in one of the questions you ask...."Why does the bible contain so much anti-scientific nonsense?" <---- this one in the bible God specifically put a few thing in there that we would only be able to discover with science. all of the other questions you ask are easily able to be made sense of but first you have to want to honestly understand the question before judging the question and then have the answer told to you.

Congratz, one down, nine more to go.

Excuse me while I do the Christanly thing and beat up my homosexual friends.

Lev 18:22-23 "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."

Lev 20:13 "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death."

1 Cor 6:9 "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals"

1 Tim 1:9-10 "realizing the fact that (civil) law is not made for a righteous man, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers"

Rom 1:26-27 "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error."