Who Here Believes In God?

Dynamic

I find it funny that people try to find truth in the Bible by referencing other parts of the Bible.

Think outside the box. I'm not trying to be negative, I believe that there MAY be a God, but not in the way most people think what God is. The truth is, WE don't know. Divinely inspired is a lot of bullcrap. I can say I was divinely inspired to write a book of what God told me to write, and it was that all religion is false, etc. Doesn't make it true.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I didn't read the first post, but to answer this silly question:

No, I don't believe in god simply because he doesn't exist. I do believe in toast, internet and h2o because they are real things. I can't believe that in todays modern world there are still people ignorant enough to actually believe in god and divine powers bla bla bla.

Here are 2 little quotes from one of my idols - Albert Einstein, that shows exactly how I feel about this whole god thing:

-The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still purely primitive, legends which are nevertheless pretty childish.

-I'm not an atheist and I don't think I can call myself a pantheist. We are in the position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in many different languages. The child knows someone must have written those books. It does not know how. The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the arrangement of the books but doesn't know what it is. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent human being toward God.

Advice-Bible-claim-things-that-have.jpg3839108185_896c7b6101_o.jpg

when you believe in god, make sure u believe in santa claus too. If you don't believe in Santa, then you can't possibly believe in god.

I don't remember who said it but I remember reading it. It may have been 2 different people or groups.

1. god put dinosaur bones here to test our faith

2. The Earth is only 60,000 years old

These two statements are what really get me stewed. Why couldn't this god have tried different things before settleing on crappy humans? Why can't there be science included with religion. If god created humans than he also created science. Just because scientist say a big bang happened that started the universe doesn't mean that a god couldn't have chosen to start things that way.

I just hate that religion dismisses science.

you are looking at it the wrong way... its not about religion.... now if you want to say God dismisses science you are still looking at it wrong and this is why.....

science is great and useful and many things can be learned from it but what happens is over time scientists and people who agree with them think that because science has figured out how something works, then that means they are smarter or that it means because they figured it out how could God have made it.

example: science has proven that matter can neither be created nor destroyed by man. we might build something by gathering or we may destroy something by vaporizing/ spreading it apart, but all in all we cant create or destroy matter.

where then does every thing we have ever seen or ever will see come from including ourselves? it was created

also scientists like the big bang theory and thats fine, the bible clearly says " and God said let there be light" a big bang would be rather bright would it not? after that it states that the earth was void and without form meaning the matter was there of earth but had not yet been formed into the earth as it is now. also God created the sun and moon on another day so its not the beginning light he mentions.

science supports God's existence more than anything, some things he wants us to learn and know, while others he makes unknowable if he chooses.

I don't remember who said it but I remember reading it. It may have been 2 different people or groups.

1. god put dinosaur bones here to test our faith

2. The Earth is only 60,000 years old

These two statements are what really get me stewed. Why couldn't this god have tried different things before settleing on crappy humans? Why can't there be science included with religion. If god created humans than he also created science. Just because scientist say a big bang happened that started the universe doesn't mean that a god couldn't have chosen to start things that way.

I just hate that religion dismisses science.

no man and dinosaurs walked the earth at the same time, there have been found in fossilized mud footprints of man and that of a dinosaur only a few feet apart.

also the bible gives detailed descriptions of them that they couldnt have known unless they really saw them.

I didn't read the first post, but to answer this silly question:

No, I don't believe in god simply because he doesn't exist. I do believe in toast, internet and h2o because they are real things. I can't believe that in todays modern world there are still people ignorant enough to actually believe in god and divine powers bla bla bla.

Here are 2 little quotes from one of my idols - Albert Einstein, that shows exactly how I feel about this whole god thing:

-The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still purely primitive, legends which are nevertheless pretty childish.

-I'm not an atheist and I don't think I can call myself a pantheist. We are in the position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in many different languages. The child knows someone must have written those books. It does not know how. The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the arrangement of the books but doesn't know what it is. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent human being toward God.

Advice-Bible-claim-things-that-have.jpg3839108185_896c7b6101_o.jpg

when you believe in god, make sure u believe in santa claus too. If you don't believe in Santa, then you can't possibly believe in god.

i found this in reference to albert einstein's quotes..... not my words someone elses but i agree with it.

I think Einstein is referring to the limitations of mathematical physics and his failed attempt of a continuous field theory of matter (i.e. mathematics does not describe reality, only its quantities). However, with a wave structure of matter in space we have further knowledge that Space is a substance with properties of a wave medium. But we are still imagining space based upon our own limited minds and imagination, so in a sense the solution is always incomplete.

as i said in another post some things God wants us to learn and know, while other things he keeps from us if he so chooses.

I find it funny that people try to find truth in the Bible by referencing other parts of the Bible.

Think outside the box. I'm not trying to be negative, I believe that there MAY be a God, but not in the way most people think what God is. The truth is, WE don't know. Divinely inspired is a lot of bullcrap. I can say I was divinely inspired to write a book of what God told me to write, and it was that all religion is false, etc. Doesn't make it true.

and if i gave you evidence that what is in the bible is true, then that would be firmer grounds for divinely inspired men chosen by God to have written, yes???

and if i gave you evidence that what is in the bible is true, then that would be firmer grounds for divinely inspired men chosen by God to have written, yes???

Spam much?

YQ11N.jpg

Does religion provide anything other than insurance for the afterlife that a normal club/organization could provide? Why does believing in a God have to influence a person or society's behavior? Wevsspot, Hitler and Nazi Germany held to the religious belief that they were God's chosen race which influenced their government view. Religion has been the forefront of controlling large populations for centuries. When the poor have nothing to live for in this life, the promise of believing in a God gives them hope for a better life in the next. Not to mention fear of living in eternal hell makes them not do things such as cause riots and rebelling, etc.

There are probably many books on the subject, too.

General Question:

If your church/mosque/whatever burns down, then it's rebuilt, then an earthquake or tornado tears it down again, what do you believe? i believe a tornado last tore it down this doesnt question God.

A. Your God is trying to send you a message and you still haven't understood what He's trying to say (which gets down to the point, you're doing something wrong). if you think God doesnt speak try turning up the volume on your conscience.

B. The True God is trying to send you a message that you're worshiping the wrong God (which means you're doing something wrong). he doesnt need to try to send that message, he already did send it... it was the first commandment of the ten commandments.

C. The Devil or the evil entity did it (which means your God is doing a bad job of protecting His worshipers). satan and demons are allowed to try and influence our faith just as satan tempted Jesus.

D. You're being tested (which means you're constantly failing).we all are being tested and yes we all will fail over and over through our life. Jesus is the only perfect man to have walked earth.

E. It's His will (which means what, exactly? He's a sadist?) we cant possibly have the capacity to understand a will as great as Gods, but rest assured no matter how we perceive it, its always right.

F. It's just some person that caused the fire, or was a natural event (which means either God did it, or God didn't do it). whats the point? if he did cause it theres a reason if it was just due to weather then it was other means. God doesnt need a natural event such as lightning to start a fire, but at the same time he could if he so chooses.

I loved the idea of champions in war times. The Christian champion vs the Muslim champion in a duel. Imagine what the winning side thinks when they end up still losing the battle.

as ive said before, man makes it about religion, religions only exist because men created them. one God does not need any religion, he see's us as individual people and loves us all. God does naturally what people need to learn to do..... love the sinner,hate the sin.

you are looking at it the wrong way... its not about religion.... now if you want to say God dismisses science you are still looking at it wrong and this is why.....

science is great and useful and many things can be learned from it but what happens is over time scientists and people who agree with them think that because science has figured out how something works, then that means they are smarter or that it means because they figured it out how could God have made it.

example: science has proven that matter can neither be created nor destroyed by man. we might build something by gathering or we may destroy something by vaporizing/ spreading it apart, but all in all we cant create or destroy matter.

where then does every thing we have ever seen or ever will see come from including ourselves? it was created

also scientists like the big bang theory and thats fine, the bible clearly says " and God said let there be light" a big bang would be rather bright would it not? after that it states that the earth was void and without form meaning the matter was there of earth but had not yet been formed into the earth as it is now. also God created the sun and moon on another day so its not the beginning light he mentions.

science supports God's existence more than anything, some things he wants us to learn and know, while others he makes unknowable if he chooses.

Your argument operates on the assumption that we have a grand(some might say God-like) knowledge of the workings of the universe and thus have the insight to clearly state that we are incapable of creating/destroying matter. The fact of the matter(:lol:) is that we don't know if we can actually create or destroy matter. As it stands we simply have not yet made the connections that would allow us to to do that. As time goes on and our understanding grows and changes, we will gain new skills and abilities that will rival and eventually surpass that of "God" himself.

To say that science is the biggest supporter of the idea of God is absolutely foolish. Look at the contradictions between science and the Bible. Too lazy? I'll start you off. The age of the Earth. Young Earth Creationists estimate the age of the Earth to be between 5,700 and 10,000 years old. They believe that man and dinosaurs walked the Earth at the same time and that we, by the grace of God, survived when they died. What does science have to say? Carbon dating and geology are the most down-to-earth counters but hell, look into space and you'll find tons more.

Science does not operate on blind faith in a higher power. It analyzes, synthesizes and disseminates the knowledge that we have acquired throughout the ages.

To add to the topic: No, I don't believe in God.

no spam here friend, just waiting for others to show interest in what i mentioned, if none ask for it then i wont. its much better than pics by the way lol

You posted 4 times in a row, thats spam.

:P

I think pics are much better than posting quotes from a book that only the illogical will follow.

Posting quotes from a fictional book is not proof.

It is the same as me saying I am a flying spaghetti monster or my brain is powered by a AMD Phenom2.

as i said in another post some things God wants us to learn and know, while other things he keeps from us if he so chooses.

except that.....................wait for it............................................wait for it...................................PUNCH: god doesn't exist.

humans are simply too stupid to comprehend certain things(which I guess is why we invented our imaginary friend called god). Nothing and nobody is keeping anything from us except our own simplistic mind. Maybe if the human race simply didn't suck so badly at being intelligent, we'd know a bit more and we wouldn't having debates about bullcrap.

Before there was science and intelligent stuff to make people like me stomp on all that is religion and fairy tales, people couldn't explain anything, but their primitive thirst for knowledge blindly led them to make up explanations that would be easy to understand by the even most retarded so that they wouldn't be afraid of the unknown as at the time "Unknown" was in no short supply.

Spam much?

YQ11N.jpg

+1 +1 +1 +1

too bad you'll never get any.

religious conversations are all a bunch of spam.

no spam here friend, just waiting for others to show interest in what i mentioned, if none ask for it then i wont. its much better than pics by the way lol

closest to god you'll ever get is with acid. ...yea it is better than pics. doesn't make him real though. sry.