The "I Just Recently Watched Movies/TV Series" Topic

WhenKittensATK

Just finished, well last night, S5 of Babylon 5. Although I did have to skip some of the Byron stuff and his willow tree. Still thought that "The Ragged Edge was the best epsiode. Probably due to I know the score. Michael Garibaldi Michael Garibaldi was my fave character throughout the series. I wish there was more :cry:

I am a huge sci-fi fan, but never watched the Babylon 5 series due to family bias. I guess my parents didn't like it, so I never got to watch it growing up, but I bought Season 1 on a whim recently and really got into it. Just finished Season 4 a week ago, and started Season 5 a few days ago. Great stuff. The early 90s CGI is a little cringe worthy, but the writing more than makes up for it.

Did you get the Babylon 5 Movie Collection and the Lost Tales from 2007 too? Its good a have a little more content since it only lasted 5 seasons.

Babylon 5 was the first show I was completely hooked on. The graphics back then were amazing and best in class and they did it all with sub-par Amiga machines and Lightwave. Granted back then Amigas were favored heavily for artists, but by the time B5 came out everyone else had already phased them out.

The writer used to hang out on the web and answer questions for the fans. It is actually the reason I first discovered the internet too. I went to the school's computer lab and poked around on their machines until I found a program called Netscape. It had the word "net" in it, so I figured it was the internet! Soon I was asking questions of the writer of the show, building web pages, having fun with other fans, got into building a bulletin board (forums) with those same fans for social site and then started building web pages for businesses ...and no one cared I was a kid in school. Now its more common and the bane of many. :lol:

B5 and I have history. :)

Anyone see Abe Lincon, vampire hunter? I thought it was very good. Well let me qualify that statement. It's a movie about Abe Lincon killing vampires. It's a very silly movie and it knows it. Very enjoyable if you go into it not expecting a serious storyline.

Ted. Absolutely Loved it. loved all the cameos from Family Guy / American Dad actors. If you don't like Family Guy, you probably wont like it. It reused a family guy joke or two.

I am a huge sci-fi fan, but never watched the Babylon 5 series due to family bias. I guess my parents didn't like it, so I never got to watch it growing up, but I bought Season 1 on a whim recently and really got into it. Just finished Season 4 a week ago, and started Season 5 a few days ago. Great stuff. The early 90s CGI is a little cringe worthy, but the writing more than makes up for it.

Did you get the Babylon 5 Movie Collection and the Lost Tales from 2007 too? Its good a have a little more content since it only lasted 5 seasons.

Glad you liked it :) Don't forget the message though, JMS weaved an undercurrent in the arc, basically, we are all star stuff, we are interconnected with what gives life, the Stars and all the matter in the Universe

Got Lost Tales. Great rendition, but two great losses :(

Edited by Transk53

Babylon 5 was the first show I was completely hooked on. The graphics back then were amazing and best in class and they did it all with sub-par Amiga machines and Lightwave. Granted back then Amigas were favored heavily for artists, but by the time B5 came out everyone else had already phased them out.

The writer used to hang out on the web and answer questions for the fans. It is actually the reason I first discovered the internet too. I went to the school's computer lab and poked around on their machines until I found a program called Netscape. It had the word "net" in it, so I figured it was the internet! Soon I was asking questions of the writer of the show, building web pages, having fun with other fans, got into building a bulletin board (forums) with those same fans for social site and then started building web pages for businesses ...and no one cared I was a kid in school. Now its more common and the bane of many. :lol:

B5 and I have history. :)

One question Fogel, in all of this, what was the "toaster" refering to?

Edited by Transk53

I'm a simple man who likes simple movies and is very easily entertained. Having said that, I just watched The Raid: Redemption. If you like action movies, especially those with Muay Thai like Ong-Bak, you'll LOVE this movie. Word's can't describe it, so here's a scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9BCa5Ijprw

Movie Bob review

Yeah, it's about 99% awesome.

Edited by Kamikaze_Badger