The "I Just Recently Watched Movies/TV Series" Topic

WhenKittensATK

The Holiday- Not to bad of a movie. I would rate it a B.

Would be a nice family movie to watch. Other than the wham bam thank you mam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhaT78i1x2M

Won "World Cinema Documentary Editing Award" at Sundance.

Available June 12, looks like it might be available on Steam and other places ($10 preorder)

With the twenty-first century comes a new breed of struggling independent artist: the indie game designer. Refusing to toil for major developers, these innovators independently conceive, design, and program their distinctly personal games in the hope that they, too, may find success.

After two years of painstaking work, designer Edmund McMillen and programmer Tommy Refenes await the release of their first major game for Xbox, Super Meat Boy—the adventures of a skinless boy in search of his girlfriend, who is made of bandages. At PAX, a major video-game expo, developer Phil Fish unveils his highly anticipated, four-years-in-the-making FEZ. Jonathan Blow considers beginning a new game after creating Braid, one of the highest-rated games of all time.

First-time filmmaking duo Lisanne Pajot and James Swirsky capture the emotional journey of these meticulously obsessive artists who devote their lives to their interactive art. Four developers, three games, and one ultimate goal— to express oneself through a video game.

last nite i saw the movie "chernobyl diary" ...good spooky movie, that totally reminded me of "stalker, call of pripyat"....i play it all the time, :thumbsup:

last nite i saw the movie "chernobyl diary" ...good spooky movie, that totally reminded me of "stalker, call of pripyat"....i play it all the time, :thumbsup:

I haven't seen it but I got the same impression, I'm surprised it took other people this long to start milking Chernobyl for it's money making aspect.

Watched The Legend of Korra Ep 6 and 7. These two Eps alone are better than The Last Airbender.

Why do you say that?? I love both shows, but I can't find them directly comparable by any means. L.A.B. was far lighter a show and upbeat (for the most part) while L.O.K. is a lot darker and depressing an atmosphere to it. (unless you mean some of the fights because they definitely are full throttle in that aspect in Korra)

Movie:

We Bought a Zoo- Decent movie, it's a cute family flick

The Heartbreak Kid- Pretty funny romantic comedy, and was surprised to see Flo from Progressive in there haha (before she was Flo of course)

Underworld Evolution- Finally started back up on the Underworld series, this movie was amazing and I eagerly await renting the 3rd and 4th

Win Win- It had some funny moments but was more of a drama then the comedy I anticipated it to be. (still good though)

Family Guy Star Wars 2 and 3- Pretty funny for those Star Wars fans and even if you aren't they're great. Some parts I'd take out entirely as they so bad I'd be ready to fast forward to the movie to get passed them but then they'd end right before I was able to.

Anime:

Legend of Korra- Yep, I already see another golden show in the works from those rascally Avatar folks

TV Show:

Dexter- Up to 7th episode of Season 6 and like usual, the show is really starting to get its thrills back

Game of Thrones- Thion's a dick

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Watched The Avengers. Pretty good movie.

yep, that's what i saw tonite too,...was action packed and suprisingly good !!

thank you avengers for saving the world !!

American History X.

Found that to be really good.

Yes it is - one of the better ones.

• MIB3
  • Young Justice: Invasion
  • Legend of Korra (ep 1)

...need to catch up on Legend of Korra