The "I Just Recently Watched Movies/TV Series" Topic

WhenKittensATK

Just saw dark night rises. I hate batman, and I especially hate Christian Bale, but just like in every other batman movie...everyone else was great. Even Anne Hathaway was really good in this movie and I normally don't care for her in movies.

If you have the time you should really check this movie out.

:withstupid:

I don't mind batman as a character but having Christian Bale play him and use his "child molester that lives his life as a chainsmoker in the basement of a satanic church" voice really get's on my nerves. Everyone else was fantastic though. I even liked Bane's voice since every time he talked, I pictured a posh British man discussing mass murder over tea and crumpets. Also he punches batman.

Just saw dark night rises. I hate batman, and I especially hate Christian Bale, but just like in every other batman movie...everyone else was great. Even Anne Hathaway was really good in this movie and I normally don't care for her in movies.

If you have the time you should really check this movie out.

lol Why does it not surprise me that I disagree with your second sentence... I will agree on Anne Hathaway though, best Catwoman I've seen yet!

Other than Bain's voice in the movie, I thought The Dark Knight Rises was awesome. The theater we go to serves food and beer, so a 3 hour movie plus 3 pitchers = trying not to piss myself the whole time.

Part of me wants your theater and other part doesn't want to spend the whole movie in the restroom. I had to go mid-movie as it was. :-/

I really don't expect anyone to agree with me on this since I haven't seen anyone else say the same, but I liked Dark Knight Rises as best of the trilogy. The second one was probably the best produced one and since it was a crime drama it gave Heath Ledger the opportunity to totally own the role ...and he did. But I honestly prefer the third one the best. It was like they took the direction they had with Batman Begins and gave it the filth and grime of the second movie with the dark under tone and then tied it all up at the end. I really loved the ending, they left it open and put in a few different points of symbolism. It ties up very well with what characters were saying as early as Batman Begins.

There are some things for people to nitpick but its still a very well made movie. People shouldn't let the negative ninnies or negative press stories sway them away from this movie. Avengers still wins my top movie of the year award, but I can't think of a better movie trilogy than the Nolan/Bale movies.

Edited by Fogel

Other than Bain's voice in the movie, I thought The Dark Knight Rises was awesome. The theater we go to serves food and beer, so a 3 hour movie plus 3 pitchers = trying not to piss myself the whole time.

what? :whoa: Bane's voice was amazing. Tom Hardy is incredible as always.

True Romance - my favorite Tarantino movie, old as dirt now. :P

I think this song was inspired by it, or at least the few words it has in it because every time I hear this song it reminds me of True Romance. Will put spoiler tags since this is viewing topic and not the listening topic.

Movies:

I Love You Phillip Morris: Great con-man humor type film, bonus laughs if you love Jim Carrey. I recommend this highly :D

Ted: Family Guy fans will apreciate the humor but I think there's something for everyone in this film, alot of laughs and an astonishing amount of extra plot mixed in as well, including a fair bit of Romance/Drama.

Moonrise Kingdom: Not all mainstream movie theatres will have this diamond in the rough B movie in their selection but if you have a cool theatre that does show it, I definitely recommend a viewing, the plot is all over the place and all the cast was awesome, they make them movie all their own! SEE IT!

TV Shows:

True Blood: Midway through season 4, and all I'm unsure 'witch' way this series will go next :teehee: , definitely the wildest season yet though!