Whoooops! Man dunks his Bugatti Veyron

tjmagneto

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't speak for the other brands but when I lived on the east coast the Poughkeepsie Porsche club held time trials every year at Limerock. It was fun. There were similar events at Watkins Glen.

There will always be a few exceptions to the rule - no doubt - and I will be the first to say that. But there's no denying the vast majority of luxury sports/super cars are not used on a track in their lifetime.

If subaru ever gets around to the boxer turbodiesels in the US, that may be my next configuration of choice :)

There are better engines than the common rail boxer for sure - I would genuinely have any VAG 4-pot over the Subaru at this moment in time. The nature of diesel engines doesn't seem to suit the boxer engine as well as the smoother petrol variants sadly. Maybe with more refinement, but I've heard they feel characteristically unbalanced.

Yeah, I'm still waiting to see. I've heard there have been a bit of recalls on the engine...so, I'm not going to hold out on it. It's a shame more manufacturers aren't putting out diesels in the US.

I've still got time. I'm hoping to get at least 300k miles (if not more) out of my current car :)

Yeah, I'm still waiting to see. I've heard there have been a bit of recalls on the engine...so, I'm not going to hold out on it. It's a shame more manufacturers aren't putting out diesels in the US.

I've still got time. I'm hoping to get at least 300k miles (if not more) out of my current car :)

In theory, it should be great like the petrol boxer (low centre of gravity for excellent handling), but it seems to be a bit hit and miss. The smoothness should also be exceptional, but I have also heard that it's a bit lacking lower-down and other equivalent engines in that size are a little more efficient.

My GF has a 2.0 Toyota Avensis as a company car that does 57 mpg (UK) and the Subaru, while a little more bhp (but not much), only does 47 mpg (UK). My 1.8 diesel is about as quick as the 2.0 diesel Impreza (maybe a little slower, but by a hairline), but I can get 65 mpg (UK) out of it :)

It has nothing to do with 'crappy fossil fuel ridden infrastructure', there just isn't a way to charge that car fast (unless you have a portable Nuclear Power Plant of course)!

Now you just proved that you missed the point :lol: It's a different thing driving a fast car than murdering someone! One is illegal, the other isn't ;)

You see, the range issue thing is right. However, you misinterpreted my point about V8's and V10's! I did not say gas guzzlers, I said V8/V10! You see the difference? You probably don't, but there is a big difference right there! For example, a V10 from the Audi S8 is rated at 16MPG (450HP), a V12 TDI from Audi's Q7 is rated at 20MPG (over 500HP). A BMW 135i with a twin-turbo straight six is rated at 26MPG and it'll smoke a Mustang GT anytime. By the way, any of the three cars/engines I mentioned are much more fuel efficient than the Mustang, which is also much slower. Just an example.

I am though! And I can tell you, you're missing out!

1) If were really having a cross country sprint, I'd have battery swap checkpoints (in which case the "fuel up" time would be shorter than yours). Not to mention if I just throw a diesel-electric hybrid (which is cheating on my part) than it's no contest. Electric isn't made for cross country travel, yes. But do you do constant cross country travel??? (and if so, do you do it without sleep??) Does 90% of the populace?? if they do, they get a hybrid, if you're a normal person the electric car would easily cater to you needs.

2)Driving a fast car slow is just murdering our world (assuming it's one that get's horrible mileage like the Veyron). Though I was only refuting his specific example where he was saying that rich people can do what they want because they're rich.

3)Lol where'd you get mustang?? The ariel atom only had a turbo'd honda 4cyl and it beat the time of pretty much every car Top Gear had. If a car isn't fat, it doesn't need that much power.

I sure would love the autobahn, fact. The rest of the world can't drive that fast, thus there is no reason to build cars that can do that fast. Not to mention enjoy your gas gauge if you're running those speeds all the time.

Flawed arguments fail. Quit while you're able to see out of the hole IVI...

Flaws?? Just because I don't see the way you ICE-lovers do doesn't make me wrong. I love my little 4 banger and gas engines are fun but if I was rich you'd never see one in my drive way.

There are better engines than the common rail boxer for sure - I would genuinely have any VAG 4-pot over the Subaru at this moment in time. The nature of diesel engines doesn't seem to suit the boxer engine as well as the smoother petrol variants sadly. Maybe with more refinement, but I've heard they feel characteristically unbalanced.

Rotary??

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Flaws?? Just because I don't see the way you ICE-lovers do doesn't make me wrong. I love my little 4 banger and gas engines are fun but if I was rich you'd never see one in my drive way.

Rotary??

ICE lover? Beg your pardon?

Rotary? What are you harping on about? What've rotary engines got to with Subaru boxer engines?

1) If were really having a cross country sprint, I'd have battery swap checkpoints (in which case the "fuel up" time would be shorter than yours). Not to mention if I just throw a diesel-electric hybrid (which is cheating on my part) than it's no contest. Electric isn't made for cross country travel, yes. But do you do constant cross country travel??? (and if so, do you do it without sleep??) Does 90% of the populace?? if they do, they get a hybrid, if you're a normal person the electric car would easily cater to you needs.

2)Driving a fast car slow is just murdering our world (assuming it's one that get's horrible mileage like the Veyron). Though I was only refuting his specific example where he was saying that rich people can do what they want because they're rich.

3)Lol where'd you get mustang?? The ariel atom only had a turbo'd honda 4cyl and it beat the time of pretty much every car Top Gear had. If a car isn't fat, it doesn't need that much power.

Rotary??

1) How many batteries does the Tesla have? Battery change? "Tesla Motors refers to the Roadster's battery pack as the Energy Storage System or ESS. The ESS contains 6,831 lithium ion cells arranged into 11 "sheets" connected in series; each sheet contains 9 "bricks" connected in series; each "brick" contains 69 cells connected in parallel (11S 9S 69P)"

Fail.

2) Fuel efficient speeds for MOST cars in thir top gear, is around 55-60 mph. Not always of course, but in many cases this is true.

3) Ariel Atom is pretty quick, yes. But a Super Car tends to be one that traditionally has a roof, windscreen etc ... a couple of creature comforts.

IVI, how is BMW/Mercedes bad? So you want a big fat Chevy hybrid that will break very quickly? And seriously, energy cell cars, those things are expensive as hell and not worth it what so ever. I used to think the same way, but now I'm just like, who cares? I was always told there is not a lot of fossil fuels left, how come thousands of planes still fly every day? How come the weather hasn't changed at all where I live? If you look at history you will see that it always gets really hot and then really cold, this gas is bad thing is not doing everything.