Whoooops! Man dunks his Bugatti Veyron

tjmagneto

If subaru ever gets around to the boxer turbodiesels in the US, that may be my next configuration of choice :)

To speak in Jeremy Clarkson's words: "You have to rev the nuts of that engine, it has no torque!" And I actually agree with him, the Diesel boxer isn't that good! A petrol one, please, but a diesel one... I'd have a 2.0TDI (VW / Audi), any of the BMW diesels (especially the 123d...) or a Toyota diesel over that.

1) If were really having a cross country sprint, I'd have battery swap checkpoints (in which case the "fuel up" time would be shorter than yours). Not to mention if I just throw a diesel-electric hybrid (which is cheating on my part) than it's no contest. Electric isn't made for cross country travel, yes. But do you do constant cross country travel??? (and if so, do you do it without sleep??) Does 90% of the populace?? if they do, they get a hybrid, if you're a normal person the electric car would easily cater to you needs.

As a matter of fact, I spent a lot of time on the Autobahn in the past 3 months... 14,000kms worth of it in fact -_- And you know what? I run pedal to the metal anytime it's free (which is not all of the time, but luckily a healthy chunk of it), so I drive quite fast (it's electronically limited to 220km/h :(), but still get 6.6L/100km if you check my sig... That's 36MPG... better than your car can probably dream of! So no, I'm not watching my gas gauge, I don't bother looking at it until it's almost empty after 800km...

2)Driving a fast car slow is just murdering our world (assuming it's one that get's horrible mileage like the Veyron).
Wrong again! You really are one of those Al Gore type of people, aren't you?
3)Lol where'd you get mustang?? The ariel atom only had a turbo'd honda 4cyl and it beat the time of pretty much every car Top Gear had. If a car isn't fat, it doesn't need that much power.

I was comparing apples (V8, V10, V12) to apples (V8), not oranges (straight 4). The only difference was that I was comparing American apples (Mustang) to German apples (Audi, BMW...), just to try and show you that it's a difference of having a big useless inefficient V8 from the USA that only does about 300 Horsepower or an efficient, fast V8 from Germany, that easily does 420HP (BMW M3 for example) and still gets better mileage. You don't seem to want to acknowledge that...

I sure would love the autobahn, fact. The rest of the world can't drive that fast, thus there is no reason to build cars that can do that fast. Not to mention enjoy your gas gauge if you're running those speeds all the time.
Same deal, why not? That computer you have, you really don't need all that speed, do you? Why have you just bought another new video card? You want some more eyecandy??? You really don't need that, it's useless and power wasting... :rolleyes:

And you fail EPICALLY on rotary engines, those are THE most inefficent engines (Clarkson voice) in the world!

Edited by kingdingeling

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ICE lover? Beg your pardon?

Rotary? What are you harping on about? What've rotary engines got to with Subaru boxer engines?

ICE- Internal Combustion Engine

Never said Subaru had rotaries, just was saying rotaries make the best power per size. I personally don't like them though

1) How many batteries does the Tesla have? Battery change? "Tesla Motors refers to the Roadster's battery pack as the Energy Storage System or ESS. The ESS contains 6,831 lithium ion cells arranged into 11 "sheets" connected in series; each sheet contains 9 "bricks" connected in series; each "brick" contains 69 cells connected in parallel (11S 9S 69P)"

Fail.

2) Fuel efficient speeds for MOST cars in thir top gear, is around 55-60 mph. Not always of course, but in many cases this is true.

3) Ariel Atom is pretty quick, yes. But a Super Car tends to be one that traditionally has a roof, windscreen etc ... a couple of creature comforts.

1) I was joking (which is why I mentioned the hybrid) though you could always pick up battery trailers like the Tzero uses tzero-trailer.jpg.

2) Yeah of course best mileage is in the top gear, never said it wasn't. Though with the added wind drag at speeds of 70+mph, mileage starts going down as the car as to fight more and more wind against it.

You ignored my point entirely, if the super car doesn't get in that final gear in a good part of it's power band it's just a waste

3) Yeah and the creature comforts can be had without the price tag or speed they won't use. If they want performance, get an ariel atom which exceeds nearly everything. If they want comfort get a Cadillac :lol:

IVI, how is BMW/Mercedes bad? So you want a big fat Chevy hybrid that will break very quickly? And seriously, energy cell cars, those things are expensive as hell and not worth it what so ever. I used to think the same way, but now I'm just like, who cares? I was always told there is not a lot of fossil fuels left, how come thousands of planes still fly every day? How come the weather hasn't changed at all where I live? If you look at history you will see that it always gets really hot and then really cold, this gas is bad thing is not doing everything.

Did I say Chevy no, it's funny how american cars always are said to break. I've never had a problem with any of mine and I'm EXTREMELY hard on my vehicles. Yeah electric cars are expensive as hell, and yes rich people can afford them so that point is moot.(case in point, the Bugatti costing $1,000,000. Electric cars cost no where near that)

To speak in Jeremy Clarkson's words: "You have to rev the nuts of that engine, it has no torque!" And I actually agree with him, the Diesel boxer isn't that good! A petrol one, please, but a diesel one... I'd have a 2.0TDI (VW / Audi), any of the BMW diesels (especially the 123d...) or a Toyota diesel over that.

As a matter of fact, I spent a lot of time on the Autobahn in the past 3 months... 14,000kms worth of it in fact -_- And you know what? I run pedal to the metal anytime it's free (which is not all of the time, but luckily a healthy chunk of it), so I drive quite fast (it's electronically limited to 220km/h :(), but still get 6.6L/100km if you check my sig... That's 36MPG... better than your car can probably dream of! So no, I'm not watching my gas gauge, I don't bother looking at it until it's almost empty after 800km...

Wrong again! You really are one of those Al Gore type of people, aren't you?

I was comparing apples (V8, V10, V12) to apples (V8), not oranges (straight 4). The only difference was that I was comparing American apples (Mustang) to German apples (Audi, BMW...), just to try and show you that it's a difference of having a big useless inefficient V8 from the USA that only does about 300 Horsepower or an efficient, fast V8 from Germany, that easily does 420HP (BMW M3 for example) and still gets better mileage. You don't seem to want to acknowledge that...

Same deal, why not? That computer you have, you really don't need all that speed, do you? Why have you just bought another new video card? You want some more eyecandy??? You really don't need that, it's useless and power wasting... :rolleyes:

And you fail EPICALLY on rotary engines, those are THE most inefficent engines (Clarkson voice) in the world!

1) I get about 33MPG in my car that costs $2200 USD, and most of that is deliveries, the small bit is driving to school when I usually do like 80+mph since unfortunately I don't have that long on the highway or else I'd be able to go faster (best I've gotten with light traffic was 110, but there are just too many people). So I wouldn't say I'm "dreaming" of your mileage, and it'd be rather easy to obtain what you get.

Now I must know do you run premium gasoline??

2)what do you mean Al Gore type of people, shouldn't we all want high efficiency. With an EV there's only range as the limiter, and with a hybrid there's nothing to lose.

3)Where did this american vs european engine comparison start?? :blink: Yes the euros get better mileage and have stronger power....I never said they didn't, just saying there's no need for the excessive power if none of it will get used. They could tone down the power and up the efficiency. What's the use of that type of power if it's in stop and go traffic??

4) Yes I need the speed since i USE the speed. People who buy super cars and don't drive them SUPERbly or make use of their uber power are stupid. I use every watt of my computer's performance daily.

5) I was merely stating that rotaries make the best power per size, I don't like them since they are inefficient and burn oil like a mutha. (my friends a big fan)

Edited by IVIYTH0S

ICE- Internal Combustion Engine

Never said Subaru had rotaries, just was saying rotaries make the best power per size. I personally don't like them though

1) I was joking (which is why I mentioned the hybrid) though you could always pick up battery trailers like the Tzero uses tzero-trailer.jpg.

2) Yeah of course best mileage is in the top gear, never said it wasn't. Though with the added wind drag at speeds of 70+mph, mileage starts going down as the car as to fight more and more wind against it.

You ignored my point entirely, if the super car doesn't get in that final gear in a good part of it's power band it's just a waste

3) Yeah and the creature comforts can be had without the price tag or speed they won't use. If they want performance, get an ariel atom which exceeds nearly everything. If they want comfort get a Cadillac :lol:

Since you're learning you 1-2-3's quite well, I'll see how well you deal with your a-b-c ...

a) You were joking? As far as I can tell, the majority of posts you've made in this thread are a joke. Can you see anyone towing a battery trailer, anywhere? At all? What if you actually needed to tow a trailer with stuff in it? Whoops, you can't, because your battery trailer is allowing you to drive 100 miles instead of 50 miles.

b) I don't recall saying there was a waste of power, merely that the car wouldn't necessarily be bad for the environment ... as compared to say, a Chevrolet truck? Having the drag coefficient of a salamander in a supercar means that fuel efficient speeds are probably achieved at the maximum road legal speeds for most countries.

c) The Ariel Atom ... what is your obsession? It's not really in the same league as a supercar I'm afraid. The 4-pot tops out at 155 mph. A Focus ST can do that, so hardly super car status for hitting a quick 60mph sprint - stick it on a Le Mans race ... it'd get creamed. That's a race that involves supercars, by the way.

And the rotary engine? Well looks can be deceiving. Why do you think that for automobile racing, Wankel engines are required to have their displacement doubled for classification? And that the Japanese multiply by 1.5x for tax calculations?

Most people don't buy them to drive fast, that isn't the point when you make a lot of money and don't want to lose your job.(It would look pretty bad if you are lets say the leader of Google and your license gets taken away for speeding).

Its to do 2 things. 1. Have a cool and comfortable care. 2. To show it off.

And most American cars have more HP then needed. I mean why do little cars need so much HP? BMW and Mercedes are meant for that, they are "race cars" if you want to call them that. If you want something with less HP, go look at Volkswagens and Opels(:lol:, most of you probably don't know what that is, good to be german eh king ^_^)

Most people don't buy them to drive fast, that isn't the point when you make a lot of money and don't want to lose your job.(It would look pretty bad if you are lets say the leader of Google and your license gets taken away for speeding).

Its to do 2 things. 1. Have a cool and comfortable care. 2. To show it off.

And most American cars have more HP then needed. I mean why do little cars need so much HP? BMW and Mercedes are meant for that, they are "race cars" if you want to call them that. If you want something with less HP, go look at Volkswagens and Opels(:lol:, most of you probably don't know what that is, good to be german eh king ^_^)

Opel make dreadful cars. No wonder GM want rid ... (they are Vauxhalls here in the UK and I believe that in the US, some 'Saturns' are Opel designed cars)

Opel make dreadful cars. No wonder GM want rid ... (they are Vauxhalls here in the UK and I believe that in the US, some 'Saturns' are Opel designed cars)

Alright scratch that then, I forget the other good companies in Europe, the "lower end ones" if ya wanna call them that. (Renault? I know my parents used to have one and it was pretty good)

Edited by Darkfuneral1337

Alright scratch that then, I forget the other good companies in Europe, the "lower end ones" if ya wanna call them that. (Reno? I know my parents used to have one and it was pretty good)

Eh?! Reno? Renault!

To be fair to Opel, their build quality surpasses that of many US cars, but then our cars cost a fair bit more. I'd say even the French cars (Renault, Peugeot) are better than your average Chrysler etc

Since you're learning you 1-2-3's quite well, I'll see how well you deal with your a-b-c ...

a) You were joking? As far as I can tell, the majority of posts you've made in this thread are a joke. Can you see anyone towing a battery trailer, anywhere? At all? What if you actually needed to tow a trailer with stuff in it? Whoops, you can't, because your battery trailer is allowing you to drive 100 miles instead of 50 miles.

b) I don't recall saying there was a waste of power, merely that the car wouldn't necessarily be bad for the environment ... as compared to say, a Chevrolet truck? Having the drag coefficient of a salamander in a supercar means that fuel efficient speeds are probably achieved at the maximum road legal speeds for most countries.

c) The Ariel Atom ... what is your obsession? It's not really in the same league as a supercar I'm afraid. The 4-pot tops out at 155 mph. A Focus ST can do that, so hardly super car status for hitting a quick 60mph sprint - stick it on a Le Mans race ... it'd get creamed. That's a race that involves supercars, by the way.

And the rotary engine? Well looks can be deceiving. Why do you think that for automobile racing, Wankel engines are required to have their displacement doubled for classification? And that the Japanese multiply by 1.5x for tax calculations?

x) All my posts are a joke with you just because you have a differing opinion, that's no way to live. The t-zero does not need the trailer for normal driving, I was simply stating in the case of the cross country dash, it would be necessary. The Tzero without the trailer get's 300 mile range.

y) Again you guys pull up a Chevrolet, I don't see me defending Chevrolet in the slightest. I could could spin around and say "Wow Mr. UK, the Land Rovers have pretty crappy drag coefficients as well" all the while having nothing to do with what we're talking about. Though on topic: two cars with identical aerodynamics, the one tuned for efficiency...will be more efficient.

z) The ariel atom is versatile, like I said. I don't see 155mph in daily driving, sorry not happening. Even on the track, VERY few tracks will make use of speeds that high. I like the ariel atom because of it's all around specs, the bugatti is a straight line vehicle, less so then a drag racer but it's big strength is it's high speed. I'd take a car with more balanced stats. Le Mans usually involves alot of fairly long straight aways, through more turns in there and the atom will destroy the super cars. (Ironically if you look here the best record of Lemans, the fastest lap time didn't barely broke 155mph :lol:)