Mac VS Pc

i dont have the rig in my sig anymore. i sold it a lil while back actually guys just never got on here and changed it. sorry for not mentioning that. all i have now is pos dell laptop this is the main reason im looking for a new computer anyway........

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont have the rig in my sig anymore. i sold it a lil while back actually guys just never got on here and changed it. sorry for not mentioning that. all i have now is pos dell laptop this is the main reason im looking for a new computer anyway........

That just confuses me even more, because if you had to sell your PC and you're strapped for cash, a Mac should be the last thing you consider purchasing.

Mac or PC? Doesn't matter. To spend $1500 to meet the needs you're describing is crazy-talk. I just built my dad a PC that will do everything you describe for $365.

I've used Macs a few times and I have to say that it's a very solid computer. Macs generally have nice and sleek looks, perform well at what they were designed to do (not gaming), and are, like others have said, safer (however, it is also dependent on the user).

For myself, as a teenage gamer with little money, there is no way I would purchase a Mac.

However, for someone who has money to blow off and doesn't seem too interested by games, I'd say that both a Mac and a PC are good choices.

it wasn't that funny unless u like seeing two guys kiss..... and if YOU'RE the one using the word MEANY? you might be gay lol

I didn't post that gay one click on the one that I actually posted before you flame me bud. Click this one not the the lame one that was posted before me.

I like girls as well, I actually got laid yesterday so there! :lol:

I will repost the link so just watch it, it's actually funny and informative.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqN76gYKHMs

Where did you get that little tidbit? You can drag and drop just fine on a Mac. In fact, it even has something called spring loaded folders to specifically make better use of the drag and drop concept.

You don't have to be "cool" to buy a Mac. If the system does what you need it to do, then buy it. Forget about how it serves as a status symbol or what stigma it has.

Um I suck at using macs so maybe I just couldn't figure it out. I just like windows, I don't like change, being set in your ways at 18 is a bit sad but it works for me and I like that. I am sure given some more time I could figure it out but I would rather just stick to what I know.

Edited by gabrieltessin

Being set in your ways at 18 is a bit sad
Thats what happens when you've used Windows forever.

I've used DOS and Windows (since 3.1!) pretty much exclusively my whole life.

I mean I've slightly dabbled in Linux here and there but for the most part every machine I've ever owned has had Windows on it...

Um I suck at using macs so maybe I just couldn't figure it out.

This is why discussing Macs on a PC forum will never work. When you made your statement, you didn't say "Hey, I don't really know what I'm talking about and I didn't try very hard to figure it out, but I think Macs can't drag and drop." You just said they couldn't in a rather matter of fact way. And then after we dig it out of you, it turns out that you just don't know what you're talking about. But in the meantime, the OP has now already read your misinformation and processed it.

Most PC users know so little about Macs that it's not even funny. But they talk on and on about how terrible they are anyways.

We could go round in circles with all of the traditional Mac Vs PC arguments and people's irrational dislike of either. Might be fun, but not particularly useful.

Anyway, the OP says you are looking at the $1500 24" iMac, which I assume means these basic specs:

2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

4GB memory

640GB hard drive

8x double-layer SuperDrive

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics

As for the pros and cons of buying a Mac (or more specifically the particular one you are looking at)

Pros

Quiet, so if you don't like the noise of your average PC then it's a good option

Build quality is generally pretty decent unless things have gone downhill since I last looked at one

Looks pretty? (might seem superficial, but certainly can't be dismissed). Only need a bit of room on a desk and that's it.

Cons

Cost - this is the main one. For the hardware you are getting, a similarly specified PC is going to cost considerably less

Comparatively underpowered graphics. Maybe not important if you aren't gaming, though you can do more and more with GPUs now and that seems like it will only become more true (again, depends on the type of things you are using it for).

You are basically stuck with the original hardware configuration, no easy upgrades (apart from external storage or RAM) here.

Neutral

OSX is alright, though this is more of personal choice thing. You can run windows on it if you really want to anyway.

Basically, if you want to buy a Mac, there is nothing wrong with that.

Personally I'd put together a basic PC and aim to make it quiet, then grab a nice 24" monitor to go with it and count my change from $1500.

You could even buy a Mac Mini and do the same thing.