Mac VS Pc

it really all boils down to one thing and that thing is... you get what you pay for. I know most of you on here prob dont believe that but I do. It doesn't apply to every situation BUT I do think in this one instance its very true. Now if someone was to ask me if i'd rather take a fully build i7 gaming rig over a Mac, i'd say yes of course i'd take the gaming rig but if i was offered the same mac compared to a normal desktop/laptop i'd refuse in a heartbeat and like i've said before it really has nothing to do with the hardware being put in pc's today its really just microsoft. i'd deal with the annoyances for gaming but for normal everyday computing not anymore. I've moved on lets just hope Win7 really pulls Microsoft ahead......only time will tell.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it really all boils down to one thing and that thing is... you get what you pay for. I know most of you on here prob dont believe that but I do. It doesn't apply to every situation BUT I do think in this one instance its very true. Now if someone was to ask me if i'd rather take a fully build i7 gaming rig over a Mac, i'd say yes of course i'd take the gaming rig but if i was offered the same mac compared to a normal desktop/laptop i'd refuse in a heartbeat and like i've said before it really has nothing to do with the hardware being put in pc's today its really just microsoft. i'd deal with the annoyances for gaming but for normal everyday computing not anymore. I've moved on lets just hope Win7 really pulls Microsoft ahead......only time will tell.

But the gaming rig costs the same/less than a Mac...

Which ruins your "get what you pay for" argument.

Just leave.

I know where I live I would not want to be seen carrying around a Mac or even be known to have one. That would invite trouble.

My main thing after having built my first computer on my own is that I won't buy another computer based upon outer appearances. I originally bought a Silver Armor + as my case. Now I don't even like the thing. It is too flashy and bulky for me.

As for a laptop type deal I don't something that big or that powerful. Meaning the macbook.

IMO macbook pro 13" is good for mobile computing, internet surfing and small application, but for gaming & rendering always use PC, b'coz it's more powerfull

Edited by n4mr3h

Nope I'm probably going a lot smaller and a lot cheaper too. A netbook is more of the thing I like, It will fit all the functions I need for college and it would be easy to carry around.

lol Verran and Clay idc if you think im an idiot or not.

Good thing.

You can single Clay and I out if you want, but there's LOADS of people in this thread telling you that you sound ridiculous so it doesn't bother me one bit. I already know you can't handle criticism. That's why you almost quit the Warz last year (and you're threatening to take your ball and go home this year too) and I've seen you do this plenty of other times as well. So instead of looking at what I'm telling you and explaining to me where I'm wrong, you just call me a "butt buddy". That's because you don't really have any intellectual response because you don't even understand what you're saying. You're just parroting sound-bites off a Mac add. :rolleyes:

You like Macs? Fine. Great! You want to get a Mac? Go, already! You want to learn about Macs? Ask away! But don't come here pretending to have a clue spouting complete nonsense and then expect us all to eat it up and tell you how smart you are. Most of what you're saying is flat out wrong and when that's the case, people are going to call you on it. It's not because the topic is Macs and this is a PC forum. It's not because we're just big meanies. It's because you're wrong.

All I wanna do is learn some stuff about mac computers from people on here whom actually own one, not people who just like to make other people look bad.

Then you should listen to the Mac-fans around here when they tell you you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Kash is one of our biggest Apple supporters around here and he told you you make Apple fans look bad.

Like verran said, if you want a mac, get a mac. Why make a huge fuss out of this? and stop trying to justify your claims that mac is better. Mac is directed at different people. It is NOT directed at gamers. If you think macs are the best thing since chocalate ice cream, then buy it. Do you think you are gonna convince everyone in occlub that mac is the best PC ever? Making a mountain out of a molehill.

I cant be that stupid if I have some of the highest overclocking and benchmark scores on this site or the fact that i'm ASE master certified.
It doesn't take intelligence to overclock and I fail to see the correlation between automotive knowledge and computer knowledge :rolleyes:

lol Verran and Clay idc if you think im an idiot or not. I cant be that stupid if I have some of the highest overclocking and benchmark scores on this site or the fact that i'm ASE master certified.

Just because your good at fixing cars doesn't mean your good or knowledgeable at fixing or understanding computers. Getting high Benchmarks doesn't prove anything either anyone with a lot of money and the ability to read a how to overclock a CPU and a GPU guide can get high benchmarks on there computers.

You should just stop arguing know because your not going to change anyone's mind because most of the facts you present to us are just your opinions your just making yourself look like a fool.

since nobody has anything HELPFUL to say in this thread can a member of the admin please remove it. thank you.

There were several Mac users, and Windows users that attempted to provide you with help. However you insisted on biting every hand that reached out to feed you. Topic is now closed.