Mac VS Pc

Seriously matt, have you put ANY of the claims your making into Google? All MACs use EEC ram? A.) do you even know what that means? B.) As has already been stated, only the MAC Pro does. If you would care to look, there are many dual i7/Xeon computers you can buy available today. However, you wouldn't find them, because they are not targeted at ppl like us, they are targeted at businesses that NEED that much power in there desktop.

Either way, just stop spweing BS as if it were fact. You say you are prepared to learn? Well then go and learn. Cause from what you have typed out here, you havent picked up a dam thing. Infact, it sounds like you read the spec sheet on aload of apples, and started quoting each one, and proclaiming its the best, or that Apple are the only ones that do it.

Just go buy your overpriced iMac, and enjoy. But dont try to get a justification out of this thread.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt, you have no idea what you're talking about. That's becoming more and more obvious with every post you make.

The worst part is that you claim you're willing to learn, but you're obviously not because you haven't learned a thing yet. You're just making yourself look like a fool. Even our resident Mac-folks are telling you to be quiet. What does that tell you? It should tell you that we're not just bashing Macs blindly.

Seriously, go spend way more than you need to on a top-of-the-line Mac. It's painfully obvious that that was the plan all along. You obviously saw a Mac video you liked or something and have been hooked ever since because your interest is clearly not based on any actual knowledge.

lol Verran and Clay idc if you think im an idiot or not. I cant be that stupid if I have some of the highest overclocking and benchmark scores on this site or the fact that i'm ASE master certified. And half of the posts in this thread dont make any sense at all which tells me they dont know what they're talking about either. I am learning day by day about mac's and if half of you would try a little maybe u'd understand more about what i'm saying instead of just trying to make me look bad. This is the exact reason why I havne't signed up for the summer warz. Too many people on this site just want to make fun of other members rather then help them and its pretty bad with you Verran and you Clay are usually the ones doing it. I'm starting to think you two are butt buddies or something. I dont care if you like me or not and if you really think i'm so stupid then dont even bother reading this post and save a few brain cells since what I write is so reatarded. Reply if you want I dont care. All I wanna do is learn some stuff about mac computers from people on here whom actually own one, not people who just like to make other people look bad.

you guys should watch this and tell me thats not quality. or the fact that the new mac book pro's have a battery that lasts seven hours.....but i'm sure you'll make up more excuses why normal laptops dont...... go ahead in listening

http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/

click on watch the unibody video and the battery one

All I wanna do is learn some stuff about mac computers from people on here whom actually own one.
Multiple people who own Apple computers have chimed in already and tried to tell you things.

No big deal, just buy a Nac and see if you like it.

I like steel better for my cases. Not as easy to dent up. But I can see where you are coming from.

I would have thought aluminum would have been cheaper until I bought my first case.

I don't think anyone has disputed that one of Apple's strengths is product design (at least I don't think I've seen anyone say that).

That encompasses everything from the materials they use to the layout and design of their casework, monitors etc.

These are all things they do generally very well.

The unibody Macbook, a great example of well thought out industrial processes.

Same thing with the Mac Pro. All of their products are intensely user focused.

Of course, a good number of our members are largely hardware focussed on the component level and aren't necessarily looking for something as neatly packaged as a Mac.

And once you get down to the component level there really isn't that much difference. So then it becomes an issue of justifying any differences in price based on things which are design focused and how much value you place on that.

I think that's the base discussion we are having really.

Even if you add in an all aluminum case with a build, there is more than a handful of all aluminum cases $150 and under. Which isn't a lot. May not look as fancy (shiny white) as a Mac case, but at the end of the day it's just a box you keep your junk in. The only real time that aluminum case is going to matter is when your going to move your tower for whatever reason. I only move mine when I bring it over a friend's house. The case can't possibly why they have a higher price tag.

As for led-backlit screens/monitors putting an extra cost. Macs were already expensive long before the 2009 transition to all Macbooks and large Mac screens to led-backlit. Hell they even got netbooks with led-backlit in them, which are still under $300. How much exactly does it cost to fill in a small 10" - 15" screen with leds. Not talking about 24" + and HDTVs.

As far as laptop to laptop comparsion I would say Apple has a fair reasonable price based on hardware to hardware specs with Windows laptops. Although I didn't look any many models just a quick overview. The PC side, the price difference is very noticeable.

Edited by Krazyxazn