E3 2009.

greengiant912

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my biggest hope....The Orange Box 2, featuring HL2:E3, Portal 2, and some as-yet-unveiled third game. :orgasm:
That would be kickass.

Throw something like johns big gay secks adventures in there and it would still be an effing kickass release based on Half Life and portal...

So many awesome games though...

:D

Throw something like johns big gay secks adventures in there and it would still be an effing kickass release based on Half Life and portal...

Only you, Andrew.

Only you. :P

Anyone get a taste of all of the ill-intelligent fanboy responses yet? I've been through a few "OMG I can't believe MGS on the Xbox 360...my world is over."

Fanboys. :glare:

Saw Red Steel 2 and it looks pretty cool. The main character reminds me of Vash from Trigun and the Japanese Hellsing. Both in red suits, but Hellsing had the red hat too.

Also interesting in this game/movie "Avatar." I heard about it awhile ago, and thought it was about the Nickelodeon cartoon "Avatar: The Last Airbender," but it's a whole different thing that isn't connected at all. They talked on and on about it, but they didn't show a dang thing from the movie or the game. Something I'll keep an eye out for.

I would love a new CS2 game. Preferably one with better hit boxes :D. I seen and done headshots on other players while not even pointing near them. It's magical. One reason people say 1.6 is better than CSS, is because of the hit boxes in CSS seem to lack. Though I haven't played CS 1.6 in ages, I can't compare them since I no longer have any Steam accounts with 1.6 active. A new weapons system would be nice. Maybe customizable guns. More 3D maps (as in multi-leveled like Killzone 2 maps and TF2 with each win unlocks a different part of the map).

Ubisoft's press conference was by far the worst (possibly the worst ever). The only redeeming feature was the AC2 cinematic trailer at the end (though I would have rather seen gameplay), but it certainly wasn't worth sitting through the hour of crappy Wii games. I bet Nintendo paid them to feature all that crap. Horrible.

I'll admit Ubisoft's portion was extremely boring, I was expecting some Tom Clancy action but instead we got a replay through Conviction with altered gameplay which was great. James' speech was a bit of an offset, I liked what he was talking about, it was interesting but it would have been much more effective if there was some visual presentation to it. Red Steel 2 was interesting...I've wanted to play the first one but never did (no Wii, yet).

Everything else was a bit dry, the Rabbids was a bit refreshing though. :P

Didn't they mention Ghost Recon 4?

If so, they never showed it. Mreh. Microsoft was the best of the three, I found myself on the computer in-between a great deal of both EA's and Ubisoft's presentations, but I only found myself on for about three minutes during the Microsoft pressy. <_<

Ubisoft's press conference was by far the worst (possibly the worst ever). The only redeeming feature was the AC2 cinematic trailer at the end (though I would have rather seen gameplay), but it certainly wasn't worth sitting through the hour of crappy Wii games. I bet Nintendo paid them to feature all that crap. Horrible.

There is a time slot on Wednesday for AC 2 dunno if they will be showing more of it.

I watched MS and the EA briefings, must say that I was pretty suprised by EA again this year, they are really turning their company around putting more control into the developers hands to make the games they want to make and not being as strict as they were on their 'timetables' and have taken alot of good ideas from studios like Blizzard, Bioware, Bungie, etc.... The fact that EA has gotten into some of the more mature games out there is just mind blowing.

The one thing I was really disapointed at was the fact that Bungie in addition to ODTS is also developing another Halo game...... If we have learned anything from Video Game history is that a Studio cannot rely on one IP for ever.... I think Halo is getting burnt out... Halo 3 was alright but not really a great game in my book.

I think all good games share three common things...

Story

Game play

re-playability (multiplayer)

This should be a great year in Gaming, looking forward to see what Sony has on the table, even though I have yet to buy a PS3 :-\....

I am really supprised that Value decided to go the route with Left for Dead 2.... They could of easily offered DLC to add more content to the exsiting game. I am really suprised that they wouldn't push out HL2 episode 3 before L4D 2...

As for Counter crap, meh. Goes back to my 3 things of good games, re-playability gets boring, no story, and well the game play is so basic (running around and kill terrorists and Counter Terrorist....)... Team Fortress 2 is a blast due to the fact that it keeps me coming back for more with the achievements, and new unlockables.