E3 2009.

greengiant912

So far everything looks great. Especially stoked about Alan Wake, MW 2, SC Conviction, ODST and so on...

What I'm really hyped about is FM 3 and MGS Rising I've seen on a more than a few forums that Turn 10 has made plenty of bold statements, but the fact of the matter is...they haven't.

Sure, GT5 has all this confirmed word, but you see what FM 3 is bringing to the table; they've finally decided to use all-new models instead of recycling those used in the first (i.e the horrible-looking Enzo from 1 to 2.) and there's finally a dashboard view, there's the flick feature that's being used in NFS: SHIFT and the cars are rolling. All drool-worthy stuff.

Rising is a story in and of itself, still watching the countdown tick. :thumbs-up:

All I know is if there's nothing of GT5 tomorrow, my PS3 is biting the dust...inFamous or no inFamous, and if there is a mention and the game won't be released until 2010, again, it's biting the dust.

I can't keep doing the same things in Prologue anymore. <_<

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far everything looks great. Especially stoked about Alan Wake, MW 2, SC Conviction, ODST and so on...

What I'm really hyped about is FM 3 and MGS Rising I've seen on a more than a few forums that Turn 10 has made plenty of bold statements, but the fact of the matter is...they haven't.

Sure, GT5 has all this confirmed word, but you see what FM 3 is bringing to the table; they've finally decided to use all-new models instead of recycling those used in the first (i.e the horrible-looking Enzo from 1 to 2.) and there's finally a dashboard view, there's the flick feature that's being used in NFS: SHIFT and the cars are rolling. All drool-worthy stuff.

Rising is a story in and of itself, still watching the countdown tick. :thumbs-up:

All I know is if there's nothing of GT5 tomorrow, my PS3 is biting the dust...inFamous or no inFamous, and if there is a mention and the game won't be released until 2010, again, it's biting the dust.

I can't keep doing the same things in Prologue anymore. <_>

Alan Wake looks great, and I definitely plan on getting it for the PC...I just hope it doesn't flop like Alone in the Dark. And Conviction looks amazing. The only Splinter Cell I played was Chaos Theory, so I don't know what Double Agent looked like...but Conviction definitely looks worlds beyond Chaos Theory.

The only true exclusives (sorry, if they're on the PC, they're not exclusive), aside from the Xbox Live games, are the two Halo games and Forza3. The latter, like you said, has a PS3 competitor in GT, so we'll see how that goes. And nothing was shown for Halo Reach, and not like we'll see it any time soon anyways. Of course, it doesn't matter what it looks like, the Halo fanboys will buy it regardless.

I think it'll be interesting, for those that own both a PS3 and 360, to see which console they'd buy MGS:Rising for. I'd assume the PS3 since they're used to the controls of MGS4, but who knows.

L4D2, what the heck?

Last game I expected Valve to discuss. I actually thought CS2 would come before L4D2.

There are still people that (stupidly) think 1.6 is better than CS:S...I can just imagine the uproar if CS2 is announced :lol:

That'd be a good addition to Orange Box 2 though...HL2:E3, Portal 2 and CS2. OMG1ZORZ!!

I think it'll be interesting, for those that own both a PS3 and 360, to see which console they'd buy MGS:Rising for. I'd assume the PS3 since they're used to the controls of MGS4, but who knows.

Honestly, it's something of a shame that the PS3 is getting so much of a negative attitude, even from me or anyone else for that matter. Fanboys don't see the flaws (who of them does?) all they see is the PS3 being the most powerful of the three consoles, which accounts for absolutely jack shi1te (sorry about that). Just goes to show that my negative facial expression when Kutaragi uttered "The next generation begins with the PS3." goes a lot further than I had originally thought it would.

Unless Rising is an exclusive, which an abundance of rumors have alluded to over the past several months, I can't see myself playing with a 360 controller. It's really comfortable and all, but the thought seems awkward. Have you ever played a fighting game using a 360 controller? Absolutely horrible. :ph34r:

Then again, guess we'll see what's what when a possible demo is released, which knowing Kojima...there probably won't be.

I think L4D2 is a joke.

Their April fools joke "Jarate" wasn't actually a joke, so they're probably doing it now to cover up EP3.

Look at the boxart ffs:

http://img3.imagebanana.com/view/rlacyilf/L4D2_PC_Box.jpg

ITS A PEACE LOGO

Wow...Really I expected better of you. Its actually a 2

(I never understood how there is anything related to peace in that "symbol")

Wow...Really I expected better of you. Its actually a 2

(I never understood how there is anything related to peace in that "symbol")

That's not actually the peace symbol...peach is with the palm out...that image is with the back of the hand facing out....which like you said, represents the number 2.

Also, I don't think any company is going to use an event like E3 to "joke".

Was it just me, or did anyone else salivate at the idea of TH's Ride, and Bayonetta?

Despite it being a bit DMC-ish, but you have to expect that being DMC successfully launched stylistic gameplay.

Edited by r3d c0m3t

This Alan Wake game looks like a good one. Reminds me of Luigi's Mansion on the Gamecube with a flashlight and ghosts :lol:.

Also Modern Warfare 2 and Splinter Cell Conviction look good. This new Splinter Cell seems more action packed than stealth, but when chosen to be stealth it is also good.

I think your over analyzing that L4D2 box art. Valve wouldn't lie about a new game at E3 on Microsoft's time. Hope this new one will take things from Killing Floor or CoD WaW: Nazi Zombies. I want some perks and being able to heal myself or others on a item with a recharge timer instead of 1 kit per person. More weapons for sure. I saw a chainsaw, bat, and axe in there. Maybe the ability to call in an air strike at the start of the trailer

Metal Gear Rising should be interesting. I wonder how they are going to set it up so you can fully play Radian like in his cut scenes in MGS4. This should be fun. This will be the first MGS game that may be entirely melee from the main character. Playing as Radian at the end of MGS 2 with his katana was extremely fun.

I wonder what Sony has in store for tomorrow. God of War 3, Final Fantasy 13 or Final Fantasy Versus 13, M.A.G., Fat Princess, maybe Zone of the Enders 3, and maybe Kingdom Hearts 3.

Edited by Krazyxazn

In addition to Sony, I'm looking forward to Nintendo's presentation. Despite the fact I don't own a Wii, yet.

In particular, I always look forward to any presentation that's done by Reggie. :lol: