E3 2009.

greengiant912

Hmm I hope there is some good PC news. Some of this console stuff is pretty nice though.

Well a lot of what has been shown will come to the PC (AC2, Alan Wake, SC:Conviction, Crysis 2, etc.). As far as exclusives, the Star Wars: The Old Republic cinematic trailer was awesome....but most cinematic trailers are.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for Counter crap, meh. Goes back to my 3 things of good games, re-playability gets boring, no story, and well the game play is so basic (running around and kill terrorists and Counter Terrorist....)... Team Fortress 2 is a blast due to the fact that it keeps me coming back for more with the achievements, and new unlockables.
I used to be a huge fan of CS:1.x & CS:S, but I admit that TF2 is way better. I think that Valve could incorporate some of what they've learned with TF2 into CS2 though, which would hopefully make it more sustainable. However, with TF2 still highly popular and Valve pumping out new content for it (they still have 2.5 classes to update), I don't think they'd want to release another multiplayer-only game at this point...why compete with yourself, ya know? Why do you think WoW has been around for 5 years and Blizzard hasn't released a new MMO? You know for sure they could if they wanted to.

Why do you think WoW has been around for 5 years and Blizzard hasn't released a new MMO? You know for sure they could if they wanted to.

Well, they did release two expansions

I used to be a huge fan of CS:1.x & CS:S, but I admit that TF2 is way better. I think that Valve could incorporate some of what they've learned with TF2 into CS2 though, which would hopefully make it more sustainable. However, with TF2 still highly popular and Valve pumping out new content for it (they still have 2.5 classes to update), I don't think they'd want to release another multiplayer-only game at this point...why compete with yourself, ya know? Why do you think WoW has been around for 5 years and Blizzard hasn't released a new MMO? You know for sure they could if they wanted to.

They have announced that they are working on a New Next Gen MMO, a new IP as a matter of fact, if you search hard enough you can find it ;)

They also have SC2 coming out later this year, and Diablo 3 in the horizon.

They don't release games as frequently as some studios due to the fact they want their games to be done by their standards and not some jackass at a corporate publishing comapny.

Blizzard has droped from E3 as they are no longer a member of the Organization. I think it was a good move on their part, E3 caiters to only the industry and doesn't really bring the big news to the fans. Blizzard wanted to bring their news directly to the fans. Thus they invented Blizzcon. Which for two years now I have been able to go and get alot of exclusives directly from the studio. I am still working on trying to get into this years (as I was unable to get tickets, I do however have some connections.)

Needless to say they really should open up e3 for the public, they could easily do this. They would of course keep the press events industry and press only, but they could really open up the show floor to the public.

My 2 cents imo...

Oh MS dropped another Nuke on Sony today!!! Metal Gear Soild will no longer be a Sony Exclusive IP!!! Kojima annouced it at the end of the Microsoft keynote....

Shocker, Sony is losing all their exclusives while Microsoft is still able to hold onto theirs....

I don't own a PS3 I would love to have one, but its not in the budget at this time hehe...

Edited by greengiant912

They have announced that they are working on a New Next Gen MMO, a new IP as a matter of fact, if you search hard enough you can find it ;)

I'm fully aware of that, and it doesn't change what I said...it's been five years since WoW, and even if they reveal their new MMO this year, you know it'll be at least a year if not longer until it's actually released. As for SC2 and D3, those are entirely different genres and thus don't compete with each other.

I'm sorry, unless you're Chuck Norris, there is no such thing as infinity. :lol:

No i'm sorry you really should know the answer to 'How am I gonna stop some big mean mother (blank) form tearing me a structurally superfluous new behind?'

Furthermore I do not care who Chuck Norris is or how tough the correctors he has player are.

It's sad, it seems like Nintendo really aren't taking themselves seriously anymore. :closedeyes:

Yeah, I know. They announced a few good things this year, more that are for the hardcore crowd then they did last year.

A Metroid game was announced, as well as three Mario games including Galaxy 2.

They showed The Conduit which looks to be a great game, I wont be buying it for sometime though :(

Sony is up in about 10 minutes tune in if your interested http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/sony-e3/

Apparently a friend of mine is out @ E3 working at this booth, check it out pretty cool by the looks of it. http://www.theperegrine.com/ can we say Minority Report? It looks amazing!

Edited by greengiant912