New DFI Lanparty UT NF590 SLI-MR2/G

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Phobos

I'm kinda confused as to why they made the PCI-X 1x slot physically a 4x slot, unless there are settings in the bios to reconfigure the layout of lanes, which would be pretty nice I guess.

Even it does come out as expensive its for a reason - its a top of the range board!

Should be an awesome board all told, looking at the various information available...now some kind of over-the-top lanparty conroe board would be nice...

I have been considering an upgrade to the core2 platform since it came around but am yet to be over impressed by the motherboards and seeing as I have been totally bowled over by the lanparty I currently own I want another for my next rig!

Matt

# Supports up to 4GB system memory

Typo, right? Just 4GB? Most boards support at least 8GB, I think one or two even support 16GB.

Initial pricing that I've seen puts this motherboard rather expensive at $280, but that should die down...Link

~Ibrahim~

Typo, right? Just 4GB? Most boards support at least 8GB, I think one or two even support 16GB.

Initial pricing that I've seen puts this motherboard rather expensive at $280, but that should die down...Link

~Ibrahim~

That's Nintek in Austrailia. $369AUS is $280US approx.

Looks like Normal pricing for top line DFI board.

Aloha!

Newbish question on my part but when I was planning out my new DFI AM2 system I was planning on usuing DDR2 800 RAM, I see the fastest this board supports is DDR2 667. Would it be possible to use DDR2 800 anyways or do I need to use DDR2 800? If its the latter could someone reccomend some good, fast, overclockable RAM around $200 with 2GBs? :D

Thanks!

You can get RAM rated for any clock speed, it'll always just run at whatever clock speed your motherboard is set to. The thing is that it's guaranteed to run at whatever clock it's marketed as.

So for example, you get DDR400. Now the real clock speed is the DDR speed divided by two, so DDR400 runs at 200MHz. But that speed is dictated by the motherboard, not the RAM. The RAM is just guaranteed to run at 200 MHz. If it were guaranteed to run at 300MHz, it'd still run at 200MHz or whatever the FSB was set to.

In short, DDR2 800 will work fine, but they'll just run at DDR2 667. Unless you overclock, of course. ;)